could Worf's career be salvaged?

bbbb

I agree. Worf distinguished himself in the role of command on DS9 commanding the Defiant and some Klingon ships. Even in TNG season 2 his 'first' command was highly regarded by Picard and Worf. I wonder if Riker had made him first officer in season 4, would he have been a Lt.Cmdr or promoted to full Cmdr?

that he did! i agree.  and, imo, when worf dawned the red uni, worf and michael dorn both changed. and for the better imo. (but, if you didnt already know , i am a loyal Fed Crewman proudly stationed in the Bajoran Sector, Alpha Q, aboard the Federation Space Station Deep Space Nine, so my view is slightly bias) lol! i love saying all that!

• 4 weeks later...

Ah don't worry we like discussing DS9. It was and is a great show even though it's not being made still.

Thanks! Star Trek in general, for me, is not, and will not be done! Ever! Its just part of life. i mean come on, did you know the term "Warp Speed" was used once (in a book) before Gene Rodenberry used it in TOS! and thats not me makin sh!t up either! thats true. in fact, Rodenberry credits a lot of his inpirations to that writer (his name escapes me now).

there i go again, goin off topic! i bet the mods hate me! lol!

When it comes to getting off topic, I think we're rather liberal about that here.

I would welcome more Worf stories in future trek productions. He played the role from 1987 to 2002. That a long time to play the same character in that makeup all the time. With his one year hiatus in '94-'95, he played the role for 11 seasons. That's not bad at all.

and becoming someone else is hard enough. but more or less creating a character, then becoming that character, and then continue to be that other person for 11 years! not to mention anything trek/worf related dorn still does now! and on top of all that, this character had a diff everything! culture, lang, etc.. and having to pretend to be angry (or whatever word YOU would like to put there) and what not for that long, gotta have its trials!

Worf DID play the role for ages and ages, no dispute there... and that plays against you but if you look at Jeffrey Coombs... wonderful actor, multiple Trek roles. Granted, he was never in the A-list but he did a good job in very different roles. Obviously, Shran, Weyoun and Brunt were all under a considerable amount of prosthesis but still...

i did! i recognized him as soon as i saw him!

here u go:

vlcsnap-1128842.png

vlcsnap-1131895.png

anybody else notice how "mild" most of the klingons head pieces were in the movie!?[br]Posted on: June 04, 2008, 03:33:23 PM

Did anyone else see Dorn  in The Undiscovered Country? He was the lawyer defending bones and kirk... Aahh... it's great!

He sure was!

He was playing his own Great, Great Grandfather. ;D

really? curious.. how do you know this? (not to argue, serious question!)

vlcsnap-1147009.png

:o It was just a joke, I didn't know.

But I did find this:

Michael Dorn, most known for playing the Klingon Starfleet officer Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation, makes a cameo appearance as Colonel Worf. Col. Worf, who defends Kirk and McCoy at their trial, is Worf's paternal grandfather after whom he was named.

Full Story

i remember his name was col worf.. and assumed they were related. guess i never looked any deeper! thanks! Q'ness up by one! [br]Posted on: June 05, 2008, 01:02:25 AM

haha! i gave a Q to amnot as well by accident! oh well! thanks for the conversations amnot! i guess assimilation just might be futile...! :)

• 2 weeks later...