Would teleport brecelets have made TOS and ENT more interesting?

HEAT84

They were a very important element of Blake's 7. I don't think Blake's 7 would be half as fun as it was if it used A Star Trek teleport system.

BTW, Does anyone know where I can get a Liberator teleport bracelet? Apparently they were pilfered by the crew over the years. I would kill for one. And no, I don't want to make one out of construction paper. So don't post a link to that page.

So... what's the difference beyond needing the bracelet?

Personally, I always thought transporters made things a bit boring... how many times did they have to create tension with the transporters by having a pause between a ship exploding and O'Brien saying "I got them."? It was much to my chagrin that they became so prevalent in the Stargate universe. The rings are about as far as I really like to see the technology go - it means you have to go from ring pad A to ring pad B... there's no ring pad A to ANYWHERE.

The rings are about as far as I really like to see the technology go - it means you have to go from ring pad A to ring pad B... there's no ring pad A to ANYWHERE.

Completely agree with needing to have a sending and receiving end to the transport device, and you MUST be at it to transport.

Also, like the limited distance to can go using them.

I liked the thing the Ori used - they dropped a platform off one of their fighters and people started running out of it... that's actually someone taking a technology in the universe and applying it in a novel way.

The site to site transporter thing started to get a bit silly by Voyager... they pretty much went everywhere...

Also, while Voyager DID use the idea once... it seems perplexing that transporters weren't more weaponised... The SG crew seemed to get that idea pretty quickly when they had the tech. Lots of races had invasive transporters in ST, it's surprising they didn't use it more, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They were a very important element of Blake's 7. I don't think Blake's 7 would be half as fun as it was if it used A Star Trek teleport system.

BTW, Does anyone know where I can get a Liberator teleport bracelet? Apparently they were pilfered by the crew over the years. I would kill for one. And no, I don't want to make one out of construction paper. So don't post a link to that page.

Here's a web site where you can buy one (they are currently out of stock but they do have a wait list):

MARTIN BOWER ‘LIBERATOR’ TELEPORT BRACELET REPLICAS

http://www.horizon.org.uk/readarticle.php?article_id=111

Hope this helps.