Stargate Universe - First Facts

TFMF

Stargate Universe is meant to be the 3rd live-action series from the Stargate franchise. While the idea of Stargate Universe has been floating around for almost a year now, we are finally getting some details on its development, and what it'll be about.

"The idea of Stargate Universe is that it is set on a ship that was part of an Ancient experiment that was set in motion probably millions of years ago

The experiment is "to send a ship across the universe, and to send one ahead of it to seed the galaxies with Stargates, and that they would one day use the ninth chevron to get there [to the ship]. And that's what Stargate Universe is."

Millions of years ago (before their conflict with the Wraith and possibly even before they moved Atlantis to the Pegasus Galaxy), the show would reveal, the Ancients sent out two ships: an automated vessel to place Stargates throughout multiple galaxies in our universe, and a second ship to follow up and explore.

The show still appears to be in the very early stages, but I'm still hopeful this will go ahead. It sounds quite interesting so far.

Full Story

I saw this earlier this afternoon, sounds great.. I really think its got a lot of potential, but i get a bit of a vibe that my feelings are not totally agreed with. I believe Stargate has the potential to push past all the negative euphoria surrounding it, (in a same path as Star Trek kind of sense), and i really hope it does get past it to create what I'm sure will be another amazing series.

As a concept, it's not wowing me... and it sounds as if it's going to be sitting on the sidelines until Atlantis has finished - which could be 3-4 years...

So, it'll be a while before there's anything to comment on, really. Good to see them finally putting some wheels on the cart though.

• 1 month later...

I like the idea. The other shows in the series have been a big success and a 3rd would likely also succeed.

Very true, i only hope it doesn't turn into a disaster like the recent spin off 'Enterprise' of the Startrek franchise. I keep thinking this will happen to SG, but i suppose they keep proving me wrong. :P

I like the idea. The other shows in the series have been a big success and a 3rd would likely also succeed.

Very true, i only hope it doesn't turn into a disaster like the recent spin off 'Enterprise' of the Startrek franchise. I keep thinking this will happen to SG, but i suppose they keep proving me wrong. :P

It may happen, but it'll probably take until the 4th or 5th spin off before they run out of ideas. ;)

Souds awesome just think of the special effects budget that would be needed though.

An ancient ship that is automated planting stargates I mean the ancients didnt have asguard beaming technology so they would have to be physically placed on the surface of planets.

And what I would like to see would be a stargates actually being built.

And when they talk about [to the ship] do they mean another cityship like atlantis or another sort of ship like and ancient warship but bigger.

hmmm, good point. Another city would be great, but i don't really see it being practical. Maybe a new type, somewhere in the middle?

Yeah, maybe like the one we saw in the opening of Ark of truth.

Souds awesome just think of the special effects budget that would be needed though.

On gateworld there was an interview with executive producer Brad Wright.

He said he was gonna push the network for a budget like Lost has.

And since he has two hit series on his back he was fairly confident he was gonna get it too.

Because he has proven himself to do a good job.

Yeah, maybe like the one we saw in the opening of Ark of truth.

On gateworld there was an interview with executive producer Brad Wright.

He said he was gonna push the network for a budget like Lost has.

And since he has two hit series on his back he was fairly confident he was gonna get it too.

Because he has proven himself to do a good job.

Thats great, i cannot wait for this show.