Favorite Voyager Episodes

Killeravocado

"Timeless" is one of the best episodes. Season 5 I think.

I have to say thought that Seasons 1 & 2 (especially S2) were probably the best season. (although season 5 was quite good also).

While i love Voyager, the seasons got progressively worse ... not that any were BAD, but they changed.

For a short reason of this: After Season 2, Michael Piller was kind of pushed out of influence on the project (in short, they didn't like where he wanted to take it - more focus on the conflict between Starfleet and Maquis crewmen, etc... ). As far as I'm concerned, that was THE turning point of the Trek TV Franchise, as Piller was a Star Trek genius.

After Season 3 (which was fairly good), Jeri Taylor left the show....

Around this time Ronald Moore was (basically) pushed out of the Voyager creative team (as well as the Star Trek franchise) by an insecure  Brannan Bragga (barf). It makes for some interesting reading to find an interview with Moore about why he left Voyager ("A hollywood ending to a Cinderella story"). Anyway, at this point the franchise was left in the culpable hands of Bragga (and Berman). I don't blame Berman as he has an amazing history of Trek behind him, but Bragga....

Anyway, IMO, Voyager went down-hill after these 3 people left. Don't get me wrong, i love Voyager... but the show basically got into lame politically correct episodes , especially in season 6 & 7, with many episodes being as well "the same predictable thing". There were some gems, but a lot of cheese as well.

On (another) side note - the best thing that has happened to the trek franchise is when Bragga was fired after Enterprise flopped.

As I said in another thread, I like "Counterpoint" because it features a clever plot, an unique use of classic music and a non-violent solution at the top of it.

Is that the one where the doctor hides the warp signature of that ship in an altered classical composition?

Because that was an awesome episode. ;D

ahh, yes i know that one well.

That IS a good episode.. The relationship between Janeway and Inspector Kashyk, it just seems so quizzical.

'Counterpoint' was for me a turning point in the show, and even demonstrated a change in entertainment in general. The episode was very adult for Voyager and showed Janeway's human side. It also showed that VOY could be adult for once. I always felt that VOY tried to bring star trek into the late 90s, more cool and more 'sophisticated'. Unfortunately many of the episodes before and since were a laugh at best and a yawning bore at worst.

I felt movies became a great deal more urban and postmodern in say late 1998 onwards. 'The Matrix' was a big symbol of this change. Finding the peak of this modernization in entertainment is difficult to pin down but I think I can say that 'Counterpoint' did this change for VOY.

• 2 weeks later...

Not your standard Voyager fare. One of the best episodes by far.

I'm also a fan of the episodes in the sixth season involving Fair Haven.

i too liked the fair haven story quite a bit.. and i beleive the year of hell included the wwii/hirogan(sp) arc? i liked that one too!