Deep Space Nine Movie: Horizons

b33znutz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a DS9 movie is a good idea. The show wrapped up fairly well. I wouldn't mind seeing another dominion war or conflict with another trek adversary. It would be fun to watch the Defiant fight again in full DS9 splendour. Seeing DS9 attacked again by a large enemy fleet would be another option. Perhaps the prophets get tired of holding onto that big dominion fleet and let it loose on the alpha quadrant letting them reunite Sisko with his wife so he can fight another dominion fleet. The possibilities are endless.

I think a DS9 movie is a good idea. The show wrapped up fairly well. I wouldn't mind seeing another dominion war or conflict with another trek adversary. It would be fun to watch the Defiant fight again in full DS9 splendour. Seeing DS9 attacked again by a large enemy fleet would be another option. Perhaps the prophets get tired of holding onto that big dominion fleet and let it loose on the alpha quadrant letting them reunite Sisko with his wife so he can fight another dominion fleet. The possibilities are endless.

nice! very cool story ideas! if i was any kind of writer i would use it. (tho, i am thinking of trying my hand at it).. i guess i just wasnt ready for that long, slow scene where the (imo) the most important character of the story (the station) fades off into the sunset. as much as i like it, i wasnt ready i guess. and to tell you the truth, ds9 i the only story in history, that i didnt want to end. didnt mind so much about tng ending since they were making way for what i thought was the coolest st story i had heard. and voyager just helped me get through the withdrawls of ds9 ending!

As said - the problem with a DS9 movie (as with a Voyager one or even another TNG one now) is that, they managed to wrap things up pretty conclusively.

With DS9, they pretty much turn out the lights... the Dominion were defeated, ditto the Pahwraith, Sisko went off to hang out with the Prophets, O'Brien was going back to Earth, Worf was going to be an ambassador, Odo was going to the great link... That's half the cast away... Obviously, you could bring them back or strike off in a new direction... but yes, a mini-series would be better for that because it would be difficult to get things going in even 3 hours without rushing.

They could do a Dominion military coup. Sort of re-ignite the Dominion War. If they wanted to make it real interesting, maybe have the Romulans side with the Dominion.

The miniseries idea worked very, VERY well for Battlestar Galactica.

They could do a Dominion military coup. Sort of re-ignite the Dominion War. If they wanted to make it real interesting, maybe have the Romulans side with the Dominion.

The miniseries idea worked very, VERY well for Battlestar Galactica.

havent really watched much of the BG remake. heard it was good, but also heard that it wasnt. but i do remember hearing a lot about the miniseries they did.

Naturally, opinions vary but I've seldom heard people articulate particularly compelling arguments against BSG other than "I didn't like it"... but I suppose all some people want out of sci-fi is a bunch of women in catsuits, aliens of the week and a few rounds of fisticuffs and space battles without the necessity of engaging the brain - yes, I'm being a little facetious.

I suppose a restart of the Dominion war could work... a lot of my problem with it was how the Prophets were basically called in to win the day whenever necessary because really, the resources the Dominion have are vast... As far as we know, they pretty much run the show in the Gamma quadrant... and from a standing start with the Cardassians they held their own against two and then THREE of the Alpha Quadrants major powers. By the end of the war, it's fair to say that the Klingons were stretched thin, Cardassia was literally in ruins... and neither the Federation nor the Romulans were in great shape... I'll assume the Brin weren't tip top either.

So, essentially - all the Dominion needed to do was walk through the wormhole (preferably after killing Sisko's instawin wormhole aliens) with a big fleet that they probably had lying around and just lay waste... I suppose that would probably lead to a guerilla warfare movement or something... or possibly the situation Bashir and his super genius friends came to - with the Dominion winning but a rebellion on Earth eventually freeing the Alpha Quadrant etc.

It's fairly easy to plot out... basically, the Great Link gets healed by Odo but they're fairly pissed the Federation were going to happily commit genocide - validating all their fears about Solids.

They kill off the Prophets and fly through the wormhole - blow the hell out of a totally unprepared and still recovering Alpha Quadrant and manage to take most Federation space in a matter of weeks... personally, I think that's a pretty plausible scenario given. Then you have the team thrown together...

I suppose the issue becomes - how DS9 is important... and how the crew come together... and you probably have to have some way for the team to close the wormhole or effectively guard it... combined with them beating the Dominion.

honestly, the Dominion could NOT beat the wormhole people. They might find a way to seal the wormhole. Then the movie would be about people trapped on the other side trying to get home. ala Voyager. Odo would be a big important part of keeping them safe.

honestly, the Dominion could NOT beat the wormhole people.  Odo would be a big important part of keeping them safe.

i was thinking something like that as well.  i was wondering if the prophets can be destroyed by "mortal" (or whatever) beings. we know the pah wraith could. but they are essentialy prophets as well. kinda like the Q and the continuem. they obviously could destroy themselves, but unless one was made mortal, they couldnt be hurt by anything else (to my knowledge).

They might find a way to seal the wormhole. Then the movie would be about people trapped on the other side trying to get home. ala Voyager.

i dont think berman or paramount would want/allow another "lost in the delta quadrent" story. i wouldnt mind it, but i dont think that would happen.

Odo would be a big important part of keeping them safe.

agreed. anything having to do with the dominion would have to include the help/support from odo. i beleive odo truly feels he "owes" ds9 and her crew a whole lot and that would be the way to "repay his debts" ..

Given the fact the pahwraith were just fiddling with stuff on the station to kill the prophets, it seems fairly reasonable that you could kill them by conventional means. The Prophets aren't Q... they're clearly vulnerable... and it seemed as if Kira was always worried about stuff damaging the wormhole and hurting the Prophets... but I guess she wasn't a scientist.

And yes, the last thing we need is another "trapped in the" situation... Odo would have to be an important part of the story... I'm not sure what you'd do with Sisko (I know he came back in the book re-launch but I'm not sure that sits well).

Sisko may be the real reason they couldn't destroy the Prophets. Depends on who writes the story.

*I'm sorry to have commented on his sig here since he likes it so much but I couldn't load the thread until my cache had a copy of the image. Every time my cache was cleaned I'd have to reload it again also. Little things like that slow me down more than usual.*

You know, that kind of thing (if a user has a prob with another user's sigs etc...) should really be put in pm's, instead of polluting the thread...

THANK YOU

*I'm sorry to have commented on his sig here since he likes it so much but I couldn't load the thread until my cache had a copy of the image. Every time my cache was cleaned I'd have to reload it again also. Little things like that slow me down more than usual.*

geez guys.. let it go already... cant beleive a lil comment about my (i admit) annoying sig is still floating around.. even i didnt care THAT much... i mean.. we get it already. someone got a lil upset and said a harsh word or two "in the wrong place"...oh well... it was admitted then omitted voluntarily days ago... give it a rest!

no worries Borg