Bye Bye, RTD!!!

TFMF

Perhaps the news we've all been waiting for, Russel T Davies steps down next year as lead writer and executive producer.

He will be replaced by Steven Moffat, who has written some of the best Doctor Who, such as "Girl in the Fireplace", and "Blink".

He was also the one who wrote the upcoming two parter, Silence in the Library - so hopefully that'll be a good one. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/may/20/bbc.television2

He will be replaced by Steven Moffat, who has written some of the best Doctor Who, such as "Girl in the Fireplace", and "Blink".

Along with "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances" from the first season.

I really liked "The Empty Child", thought it was the best episode from the first season.

I think this is great news!

B) Steven Moffat is a fantastic writer, will make the show even more incredible and I really look forward to the possibility of seeing more of his stories in a season than just one or two.

Here's a link to the BBC News Story.

BBC Wales and BBC Drama has announced that Bafta and Hugo Award winning writer Steven Moffat will succeed Russell T Davies as Lead Writer and Executive Producer of the fifth series of Doctor Who' date=' which will broadcast on BBC One in 2010.[/quote']

TBH I am glad RTD is leaving, was great he brought the show back and I am sure we will be very grafeful, however this current season has been the weakest by far.

Steven Moffat has been easy the best writer by far and pleased that he will be leading the next season :)

Perhaps now Dr Who can be a gay-free zone. Im not homophobic but its been getting just silly sometimes.

Thanks RTD but glad youre going, Moffat can do just as well and writes more memorable stories for all the right reasons.