Dr Who A Woman?

DirkDiggler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MODERATOR EDIT: off topic and liable to cause flames. - Under Cardinal Pelladurisinchrysandathax of the Celestial Intervention Agency

My original message was a DIRECT QUOTE from the BBC's Doctor Who parody. In that parody, the Doctor regenerates into a woman, looks down at himself, and says: "Look. I have etheric beam locators."

The Doctor's Companion replies: "No I'm sorry Doctor. Those are breasts."

The Doctor replies: "Are you sure? I think I can see the on switch."

NOW, I'm sorry if some people think that BBC Parody/Joke is offensive, however I was quoting a publicly-broadcasted joke by the BBC all across Britannia. If the BBC thought the joke was appropriate for over-the-air broadcast, including the children, why is it not appropriate here?

I didn't mean to offend. I was not trolling. I was just quoting the BBC.

Some people think I'm here to cause trouble ("troy's a troll"), and I've grown tired of that view. I am here to express my opinion, just like everyone else. Yes sometimes you'll disagree with me, but we can all get along despite that. It merely means we need to practice IDIC=Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. Tolerance.

There's no reason to censor my posts, just because you disagree with my view. Likewise there's no reason to send me emals saying, "you're a woman-hater" or "eat shit" or "we're going to ban you". That is not acceptable behavior in any way, shape, or form. The Woman Doctor Joke I copied from the BBC is trivial compared to the *hate-mail* some people are filling my in-box.

I have endeavered not to cross the line from self-expression to name-calling/personal attacks. I wish people would "do unto me" the same consideration.

troy

I'm not adverse to the idea of a female doctor. But I do agree with s0vi3t's comment that she shouldnt be stereotypical hollywood eyecandy.

I wonder what sort of companion a female doctor would have? a female friend or maybe a male to have the odd bit of sexual tension.

I don't like the idea of the Doctor being a women. It would change the show too much. I've got nothing against women being the lead role. And I'm glad that Rose isn't screaming all the time. But I just don't think the doctor as women would work. I mean the doctor is a Grandfather, and he is half human. Which is cannon. It was in the movie, and it is in the 8th doctor novels. Which Russel T. Davis has already said is cannon. Maybe they could have a Time Lady join him, but be his equal and not need him to save her all the time. As for the Curse of the Fatal death. Well it isn't considered cannon and it was done as comic relief. Hence, weather the people liked it doesn't mean they would accept it in the series. Besdies, I don't think the BBC would allow it to happen.

Would the renegade Time Lords really allow any other Time Lords to feel their presence? Doesn't seem likely. Romana escaped from e-space a long time ago and was president of the Time Lords and may even have started the Time War.

Well Suzan is a time lady, and she would still be alive as she was on 21st century earth, thus she wouldn't have been killed when Gallifrey was destroyed. Even in the 8th doctor novels, when gallifrey was destroyed there was still about 4 timelords left, so who knows. Maybe some survived and the Doctor didn't know about ti.

Time lords are known as masters of bioscience. I think its safe to say you COULD transform into a female if you wanted to. And I don't think a female doctor would be a problem to many folks, but some conservatives would have an unfortunate problem.

Certainly a sophisticated Time Lady companion would be interesting. Bring back Romana anyone?

But were in Doctor Who myth does a TimeLord transform into a Women? Lets not forget that Leela's child is the first natural born child in centuries. Rassilon used the Vampires ability to live after death to allow Timelords to regenearte. He also made most sentient life resemble Gallifreyans, hence most aliens look human. He didn't alter them so they can change sex.

I think it would be silly for the the Doctor to regenerate into a woman. I'm a feminist, I'm progressive, I'm down with the regeneration concept suspension of disbelief, but I think that would be pushing it into the realms of sillydom.

Now, that doesn't mean that another Time Lord, a woman, couldn't lead the show and go around saving the world. I've always wondered what Romana got up to in that other dimension whatsis. I would wholeheartedly back that.

And I fully believe this "all the other time lords are dead" bit is a red herring. They can't ALL be dead. This is TV. No one is EVER really dead. (DIE SPIKE DIE. sorry. wrong forum. ;) )

Personally I don't think the Doctor should regenerate into a woman.

Having said that, I would be the first to watch a series with a female timelord/timelady and her time traveling adventures. I remember watching the 6 Million Dollar Man and when Bionic Woman came along, thought her show was better and never watched Steve Austin again.

So a show with a female lead could be better.

(heck, any woman would be better than Eccleson's Doctor) :-D