PSP Modding

hayden

I brought a psp about a year back and have probably used it a total of less than 10hours easy, lol. I thought about modding it then and again 6 months ago, and can never be bothered to do so. I finally decided to do it, and this week i brought a datel pandora tool and have an 8gb memory stick on the way so i can trick it out. I basically trying to instill some interest in it.

Ive done a bit of reading on the topic and know what i need to do (to an extent) and what some of the better firmware s are and what i can do when i finally install custom firmware on it. N64 here i come!!

Just seeing if anyone around here has done this before?

Umm, not really.. You can get a battery and hack it so that when yout put it into your psp it will enter service mode. In service mode you can change the firmware on it, which use to be a big pain becuase you could only upgrade and downgrading could potentially mess up ur psp. Soo with this new technique you can change the firmware no worries, and isntall custom firmware.. And on custom firmware you can run emulators and run games off isos which you have "backed up".. Its pretty sweet when you do it from what i can see, i know you can run dosBox on it and then isntall windows 95. haha

I actually did it the other day.. Its soo much better. Ive got CFW 3.9 m33-3 with 1.5 kernel v2. So i can run home brew games & apps. Ive got a few emulators on it.. GBA, N64 & SNES.. plus i can run back up games now, no need for UMD's anymore. You should do it.. All u need is to get a datel tool which is the same as one of those pandora batteries & to make a magic memory stick.. its really easy if your not a gronk. ;D