DS9

LadyGrelka

the only main thing was what is gonna happen to sisko, miles went back to earth to train officers, worf became a ambasodor for the federation with the klingons, Odo went back to the great link and the rest stayed on DS9. and bashir finially got dax in bed lmao

Ok heres the question. How many of you feel that thay left a lot unfinished in DS9? I have watched that last EP of the show a few times and as far as I can tell thay did not finish a lot of things. There was no real closer.

i thought they did alright.

sisco can come back anytime he feels like it probably as time isnt linnear to the prophets.

worf is a big cheese on the klingon homeworld

vic closed the show with an absolute classic number. round of applause :D

my favourite, garak went home to found a government and free cardassia.

dukat karked it

the federation is once again safe.

hurrah

feeling warm and mushy yet?

Yes, there were things left open. But that's the mark of good storytelling - always leave them wanting more :D Personally, I really liked how it ended. Things AREN'T "all back to normal" as is so often the case when TV shows end. We see that, yes, life goes on. Things change, and that change isn't always a bad thing.

If you watch the DVD interviews Ira Behr actually says there was SO much to finish and somebody else I forget who, one of the other chief writers, mentions that they had to pick and choose in a few cases what to leave open - one of the chief ones was whether Bajor was finally ready to join the Federation or not.

But if you ask me that episode was VERY VERY busy, there was TONS of stuff to finish that they did finish, IMO it's one of the best ST finales out there...Probably equivalent or perhaps even better than TNG's All Good Things...

B/c AGT from TNG didn't have situational things to finish off...it just had character development to cap off, plus they had films coming next which they knew they had soo....they didn't have to finish things off really.

DS9 did a fantabulous job with their finale I thought, much better than Voyager and much better than Enterprise is going to do (unfortunately).

• 2 weeks later...
When they were finishing DS9 weren't they initially planning to make a movie from it? Not much chance of it happening now' date=' but that's maybe why they left an opening[/quote']

i would love to see a DS9 movie...dying for it :D

They left many unfinished plots in DS9. I think they could be used if they were to make movies or new series in times right after DS9. Some of these plots are:

- Sisko

- The Sword of Kah'less

- Gamma Quadrant, the wormhole

- Prophets and Pah-Wraith

- Cardassians, Bajorans

- The Founders

- Dominion remains

- Terok Nor

- Nog

- weakend Klingon Empire

- Breen

- Section 31

- more...?

I actually thought of that when I read about how much people enjoyed "In a Mirror, Darkly" (which I haven't seen myself, yet). Yeah, it would be a cool idea, but we would need to have some sympathetic characters on it...maybe have some "good" characters trapped in the mirror universe.

There was a lot unfinished in Star Trek DS9 indeed, but the main issues were all resolved.

Some things may best be left to the imagination.

my imagination consists within the time period of, 11:00 to 3:00 weekdays and 3:00 am fridays...star trek!

There was a lot unfinished in Star Trek DS9 indeed, but the main issues were all resolved.

Some things may best be left to the imagination.

my imagination consists within the time period of, 11:00 to 3:00 weekdays and 3:00 am fridays...star trek!

i concure