Gay Trek.

Tolver

How can someone possibly be happy when they go against science' date=' nature AND religion???

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Well, People can be happy if they want to :D

Science, Nature...sure, but Religion? Who cares? - those are all really beside the point and roots of happiness.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about happy charecters ijn trek, it seem to me that Q was the happiest, becuase he almost always was having a great time, and Picard was the least happy, becuase I think he sonly smiled maybe 4 times in the entire TNG series / movies

Guest c4evap
Does it matter because: It's unhealthy?

And what if it is? What do you care? Does it "infect" you in some way? Or if they die 2 years before par but live a 200% happier and more satisfied life, isn't that worth those 2 years then?

Speaking of a gay lifestyle being unhealthy...let's not forget that hetrosexuals share their fair amount of diseases as well. Sure, your lifestyle can have an impact on your health and those around you but gays do not have the market cornered in that respect. The bulk of Aids cases in Africa (for example) are from sexual contact between hetrosexuals...not from gays. Ones sexual preference does not dictate how well they wash their pee-pee.

c4 B) [telling it like it is]

Sure it matters if it is unhealthy. Sick people drag down society. Doesn't matter how they are sick. Flu' date=' Cholera, Tuberculosis, Gay. Society as a whole is dragged downward.[/quote']

So you think that leonardo, michaelangelo, socrates, plato, aristotle, tchaikovsky etc dragged down society?

oh how we have suffered! :p

as for the rest of your post, thanks for the laugh. :D

In matters of society etc. who gives a fuck anymore?

So what does it matter if someone "is" weaker in energy or not?

I for one have stopped caring, and as long as people are fine with

themselves I suppose that's alright.

Guest c4evap
Yes many gay men do think differently because they are gay. It does not matter if you like the fact or not. I don't know why you say things to me because you don't like a fact. I cannot change it.

How do you know they think differently? Are you gay? Where did you get your facts?

If a man' date=' say you for example, is walking down the street and you feel like you want to follow a woman, you think nothing of it. You want some woman energy and you are supposed to want women and have sex with them so everything is fine.[/quote']

What makes you think I'm a man? I'm not!

Today' date=' everyone says, "oh yeah, you wanna be gay". I think those are lies to mess people up or nice and encouraging words for people who really are gay. The problem is that no one every offers the alternative. [/quote']

Sorry. I've never heard anyone say oh yeah, you wanna be gay. Never.

Desiring to be close to another man or feeling open affection for another man is completely normal. It does not mean you want sex with him. It means he has energy that you want to be around.

If your culture and your upbringing allow it, you can hug them, hold hands with them, kiss them, caress them and it can all be non sexual.

I can (basically) agree with this statement. I suppose you're using the term energy as someone else might say I like being around him cause he makes me laugh.

Question: Does all this somehow tie in with your clip from Independence Day? Cause I'm still waiting for an explanation of that one. Whoo-boy!

EDIT: Almost forgot...this thread is not about are you gay or do you know someone who is gay. It is (or at least was) about the fact (at least in the original poster's mind) that Star Trek has no gay characters.

c4 B)

If we're talking about happy charecters ijn trek, it seem to me that Q was the happiest, becuase he almost always was having a great time, and Picard was the least happy, becuase I think he sonly smiled maybe 4 times in the entire TNG series / movies

He smiled a lot more than that - but you're right - he has a fairly serious demeanor. I loved the episode (5x25?) where he "lived" a lifetime on a doomed planet in 25 minutes - had a wife, children, and grandchildren. He was so relaxed and easy, he loved to play the flute. And then in season 6, when he fell in love ... he was very happy then, too. But Picard often chose duty over gratification. And I suspect that allowed him to be happy with himself - even though it didn't bring a lot of smiles to his face.

OK, so Star Trek addresses oppression, racism, war, distribution of wealth, economics, ecology, environmentalism, love triangles, deception, lies, familial ties, sexism, multiculturalism, bias of any kind you'd like to name, and you're complaining because they don't have enough to say on homosexuality?

Who cares? It's a sci-fi show.

Hell, I don't remember any homosexuality on Doctor Who, in 27 some years of the show, so we shouldn't watch?

Well thats being adressed in Dr Who quite unashamedly as we speak!

Moderator's Message

Thread Locked

Two posting rules were getting seriously ignored recently:

2. No foul, obscene, or demeaning language.

-- Let's try to keep the site 'family friendly'. Also, please refrain from making comments regarding race, religion, sexual orientation, or web browser usage.

And

4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

-- If we are to build a community, let us be helpful and kind to those asking for our assistance.

I went through the last couple of pages and deleted all non-conforming posts, and all posts that quoted non-conforming material. I'm afraid I threw some babies out with the bathwater.

I'm also locking the topic for now.

If you feel that your post was unreasonably deleted, or you believe that you still have important light to shed on this topic, PM me. If you believe that we can, as a community, be civil and maintain a family friendly level of conversation on this topic - please PM me.

EDIT: The thread is unlocked now - as long as we can all manage to keep from flinging mud about in the sandbox, it will remain unlocked. 10 June 2005 0324 UT