Purchasing Star Trek

Tolver

Fans got this silly fund together for 'Saving' Enterprise, raised over 3 Million for it. So why not start a fund to buy the rights for Star Trek from Paramount and then releasing the episodes to the net for everybody to download for free? Shurly they cant want more than a Billion for the franchise, or a few hundred Million for at least part of it anyways. I personaly would pay money to get Enterprise canceled, and would pay even more to get the rights released for the other series. So maybe some lawyer type can tell us what would be involved in out-right purchasing the rights to all or part of Star Trek?

Tolver.

So LET them keep their stuffed dolls and coffee mugs, all we REALLY care about is the episodes. Let them keep the rights to sell 'Junk', if that is so important to them, but without continued fan interest they will sell no junk, so letting us have the rights to the episodes may just make sure of a steady income for their selling of junk, of what I own a few hundred dollars worth of that 'Junk'.

Tolver.

Shurly they cant want more than a Billion for the franchise, or a few hundred Million for at least part of it anyways. I personaly would pay money to get Enterprise canceled, and would pay even more to get the rights released for the other series. So maybe some lawyer type can tell us what would be involved in out-right purchasing the rights to all or part of Star Trek?

Tolver.

Huh? Who is "Shurly"?

oh wait, maybe you meant surely.

I'm not sure I understand you, you wanted to see Enterprise canceled?

What you ask, would be like asking how much it would cost to purchase the rights to the Lennon/McCartney song rights, that Michael Jackson now owns. The net worth, would be in the high millions of dollars $ US, if not over a billion now. Go ahead, buy them.

Anyone who donated money to that "save Enterprise" worthless endeavor, and Loki-torrent, etc., was a fool. If you want to donate money somewhere, donate where it may count, at sites like this.

Perhaps in the "Trek Future' date='" fools do not exist anymore.[/quote']

Guest c4evap
Anyone who donated money to that "save Enterprise" worthless endeavor' date=' and Loki-torrent, etc., was a fool. If you want to donate money somewhere, donate where it may count, at sites like this.[/quote']

I agree. Donate right here.

c4 B)

I personally would have just preffered to have them not cancel enterprise, I mean come on it only had a four year run, next gen ds9 and voyager all had like seven years, so why so short on enterprise, which in my opinion was the best series they made.

lmao you must be joking Enterprise was basically crap compared with the rest of ST.

They couldnt raise more than 3 million not to mention 200 million plus, time to wake up and smell the coffee IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

well personally I'm a history nut, even with sci fi history that never really happened, so a show set 100 years before TOS and even before the birth of the federation (and I don't meen the game) had.....well alot of appeal to me......now if you'll excuse me I'm goign to go back to reading my ST Chronology............

Guest c4evap
If people keep calling Enterprise crap' date=' they had better leave the forum, because they don't understand Star Trek at all.[/quote']

...must resist...must resist feeding...must reread rule 4...

4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

-- If we are to build a community, let us be helpful and kind to those asking for our assistance.

c4 :(

If people keep calling Enterprise crap' date=' they had better leave the forum, because they don't understand Star Trek at all.[/quote']

Lol..I have been a fan since a kid and watched almost all of them not to mention bought alot on video and dvd, what I was meaning is if you compare Enterprise with the rest of the others such as TNG, DS9 and Voyager you will see that it is nowhere near as good

1. Character building, apart from Trip and tpol it hardly got worked on. Star Trek is only as good as the characters that are made within the series

2. Weak stories, I have lost count of how many average or lower episodes i have seen (there where some good ones thou).

3. A lack of humour, look at

TNG - data was well funny at times and Q when he appeared

DS9 - Banter between Odo - Quark, Banter Between Garek and The Doctor.

The odd episodes that where light hearted like the tribble episode.

Voyager

The holographic doctor

There are plenty more funny and intresting scenes within the older series that I have missed out but my point is it was almost not there in enterprise.

Finally Enterprise got out classed by BSG.

According to this article the franchise generates $200 Milliion per year in sales of merchandise, DVDs, etc.

You're looking at having to pay $200, minimum, and the price goes up from there.

Interesting note about that article. It was written in May, 2004, and there was serious talk then about cancellation of ENT for this season.

Add a billion on to that and they might sell the rights to you.

Well, in my opinion Enterprise was not so good - if it was, they WOULDN'T cancel it, would they??? It didn't bring them money enough, or at least not THAT MUCH MONEY as the other series, and I guess the money is most important to Paramount... You think they care about us?!?!?!?!?!?! YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is very right when they say that Star Trek died along with Gene Roddenbery... E.g. with TOS and TNG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I also think Paramount help it die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

As far as the suggestion for bying Star Trek - it is an exsellent idea! Thus all the trekkers/ trekkies (whatever any fan feels to be :) ) will have their access to episodes, movies, etc.

Maybe someday it WILL happen.

PS: Hope no offended on what I said about ENT.

IT IS ONLY MY OPINION. I HAVE THE RIGHT OF IT AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AGREE !!!!!!