adware removal

rick150186

i have some adware i cannot remove even with norton and mircosoft antispyware, they detect the files and delete them but they never do get delted, tried delating the source file but they are being used by something else i do not know wot, but i cannot remove them. i continuosly have firewall detecting connections to these files to the internet and i keep blocking them any help would be greatly recieved. i dont want to format as i dont want to loose alot of files.

I also have the same problem before. Usually I check my task manager if the program running in it. After you end the process then you can remove the source. Make sure you know the name of the program that you want to delete it.

I found a little console program called "ForceDel". It's just like the DEL command but it forces any programs taht are using the file to close so that the file can be deleted.

Find and download this little program. Then, in the AntiSpyware program, make a note of the full pathname of the files that won't delete. Open a command prompt, go to those folders (CD C:\Program Files\...) and run ForceDel [programname.exe]. It will take a few minutes to close the programs and delete the file.

You might also try the program Hitmanpro.

You can download it from www.hitmanpro.nl

It is a small program that downloads multiple established Spywareremovers and protecters (like spybot and ad-aware and others) and runs all those programs automatically, clearing your PC of all Spyware. After completing the programs, the components will automatically be removed again, except for Hitman Pro itself.

It is top rated in the Netherlands, so I guess it's worth a shot. It always worked perfectly for me.

Guest c4evap

Not a suggestion, just something I do when I can't delete a spyware file from within Windows: I reboot using a DOS disk and delete the offending file that way. Works every time.

c4 B)

Download the program called Bazooka scanner (click). Tghis program finds MOST adware and spyware. It has a more comprehensive database than Ad-ware and Spybot, and is used by sites to detect spyware that adware and spybot didn't find during test runs. It will not remove the spyware, but it will tell you if your PC is infected, and what with. After that, you can just search it in google for a free removal tool, or how to remove it on forums etc.

Guest Mrthumps
Two words: ad-aware and spybot

I'd add on Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster to that.

All are free and really do get rid of things rather than forcing people to fumble around trying to alter things in their windows files and what not they may not know how to do properly.

Hope this helps you out.

i have some adware i cannot remove even with norton and mircosoft antispyware' date=' they detect the files and delete them but they never do get delted, tried delating the source file but they are being used by something else i do not know wot, but i cannot remove them. i continuosly have firewall detecting connections to these files to the internet and i keep blocking them any help would be greatly recieved. i dont want to format as i dont want to loose alot of files. [/quote']

I've found that I need multiple spyware programs. Ad-aware and Spybot S&D seem to work pretty well - as well as using FireFox instead of IE as a browser.

I once had to clean up a computer that was badly infected (no antivirus or anti-spyware s/w). It took about 12 hours. I ran Norton & it detected a bunch of stuff, but couldn't remove it all. I had to manually delete lots and lots of files and registry entries. That may apply in this case.

There sure are alot of Anti-Spyware software out there. Makes you wonder if the vendors are not part of the problem in the first place. :D :D

I would wonder about that indeed, if it were not so that all these programs are actually free. So where's the profit then?