09:An Empty Child

d23

Well, I've seen it 3 times now and I am in the middle of a 4th, and I didn't notice a "Bad Wolf" reference... anyone know if there was one?

Anyway, "Empty Child" is one of my favorite new Dr. Who episodes to date. I think this is as close to classic Who as they have gotten so far; I mean it is following one of the classic Dr. Who story patterns, right down to the monster POV shots.

I have a question though... isn't this thing about the TARDIS call-box phone different than the classic series? I could swear that the rule in the old series is that the camoflage circuit creates a *working* item that fits in with the surroundings. We saw this with the Master's TARDIS several times, and I could of swore there was an episode where a policeman used the TARDIS call-box phone to call in to his station!

The change is functionality is the only thing that bothers me with the new TARDIS design... I don't like the door going directly outside because I think that someone should be able to go INTO the call box and still not know it's a TARDIS. Maybe that change is for expediancy in the new series... I dunno...

The Classic ep you're referring to is Logopolis. In that the policeman was using an actual London police box phone when the Doctor's TARDIS materialized around it. Then the phone went dead. So I'd say it isn't new to the series. That phone never worked.

One change though. The old phone was a black, standalone rotary dial circa 1950's. The new phone is a wall hanging phone circa 1930's.

IIRC

I, too, am wondering about the Bad Wolf reference. I could find only one thing, and even to me, it sounds a tad far-fetched...

When Nancy wonders how the Doctor could have follwed her, he says something about special powers, and she comments about his nose, somewhat implying that it looks, to her, rather large (though she doesn't say it out loud).

'Grandma, why do you have such a great nose?" - "The better to smell you with"...

Yes, like I said, it sounds like grasping for straws to me.

Classic Hinchcliffe/Holmes style DOCTOR WHO. That's ALWAYS a good thing.

I liked how they changed the cliffhanger style, too, so you get the music cue at the end of the actual episode there, then follow up with the trailer after the credits.

Yes Im glad they changed the trailer to the end of the credits to give those who wish to remain suspended til next week a chance to look away. But for once I wish they wouldnt talk over the credits, just once, please BBC! :)