Big Bad Wolf thread

Fenriswolf

Damn... :cyclops: if thats true about Adam that would be awesome. He wouldnt have to be a new Davros, but could be the original Davros..

Oh and BTW Boom Town does feature the gaseous creatures from the Undying dead (the gelf) as the Slyveen are trying to open the rift that the Gelf came through in Cardiff.

Open the rift so they can rip open the planet, they still want to use Earth as a giant source of fuel. Nice bit of continuity between both the UQD, AOL and this one.

Oh and the Power Plant's name: Bad Wolf, in Welsh.

And on: the http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ page hover your mouse pointer over the TARDIS.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Adam simply managed to retain some of the wonderful info that had been flowing through his head, and went from there?

Heh... y'know, maybe he COULD be the original Davros... they never were clear about where Davros came from in Genesis of the Daleks, way back when, never specifying whether he was just a clever Kaled scientist or a mutant (i.e. he didn't look anything like either)... and there WAS the matter of that eye located specifically where the trap door on Adam's head was... and after enough tinkering on one's self to prolong life indefinately, you're bound to look VERY different from original.

Also, given time, he may have forgotten the Doctor by the time he reached Skaro... Of course, it all falls down in the details (i.e. the big one is even Davros didn't know about alien life even if he suspected it, meaning he was Kaled or he forgot ever being somewhere other than Skaro)

They could be coming up, years and years later, with an origin of Davros!

... or not. It's cute to think about, though.

... which brings up a question... if Skaro was destroyed during Sylvester McCoy's doctor, how could the Master be executed by the Daleks on Skaro in the movie, and why would the Daleks help the Time Lords at all?

But I digress... it would be interesting if Davros (or a more advanced and vengeful Adam) were the Bad Wolf, assuming he didn't just vanish into enforced obscurity or was dissected.

It's part of the odd continuity problems with the TV Movie, even though it's canon, many things don't add up. I always was highly dubious of the Daleks helping the Time Lords period.

I am kind of hoping it's Adam, as that would fit perfectly with the little hole in his head. It would be such a cool and neat little slot-in homage to the old series.

I think the problem we all have is we are not sure how much Dr. Who mythos RTD intends to keep (if any) from the old show, because there were a lot of contradictions and so on. Or if he's trashing the old Who history as much as he can (via the Time War) and starting his own view of things.

I have a feeling it's a fan forum, but more power to them I say, for after all that's what it's all about. Enjoying something that was 15 years without a single showing, now back and really popular, not many programs can do that.

Adam was a bit of a prick, wasn't he? I think that the writers will have to stretch far to link Adam and Davros. I mean really, don't you think that Adam, super(possibly evil) genius, could make a kewler wheelchair that Davros'? lol

I would supe it up with rockets and blasters and lasers...can't forget the lasers.Evil voice OFF>

He might, tho remember this, he's got to have a grudge against the Doctor a mile wide by now. Since he left him stranded, with new-tech in his head and that had to be embarassing...regarding his mother.

*clicks his fingers*

She might have had him locked up, experimented on or anything.

Be interesting to see if it is him tho.

He's got the knowledge of time travel and what happens if one Dalek wasn't the only survivor from the Time War...?

Like the new Group btw?

If it does turn out that Adam is Davros, there is going to have to be a fair amount of exposition & explanation. Not all of the 6 million audience the show has at the moment is up-to-speed on Who history.

(In fact, the lack of use of Who history is probably why so many people like it)

... which brings up a question... if Skaro was destroyed during Sylvester McCoy's doctor, how could the Master be executed by the Daleks on Skaro in the movie, and why would the Daleks help the Time Lords at all?

It could be an earlier point in Dalek history that the Master was tried, before Skaro was destroyed. Or if you read the books, "War of the Daleks" explains that Skaro wasn't destroyed at all.

Hmm. I'd have to double-check the timing on the episodes, but is there any chance the kid who spray-paints "Bad Wolf" on the TARDIS could be a younger Adam? After all, I read that the establishing shot for Adam's house is supposed to match up with the road where Rose met Clive, so he may be in the same area...

Just don't remember off-hand what years Aliens of London and Dalek are supposed to be.

Hmm. I'd have to double-check the timing on the episodes, but is there any chance the kid who spray-paints "Bad Wolf" on the TARDIS could be a younger Adam? After all, I read that the establishing shot for Adam's house is supposed to match up with the road where Rose met Clive, so he may be in the same area...

Just don't remember off-hand what years Aliens of London and Dalek are supposed to be.

Aliens of London is a year from now, roughly 2006 (Rose makes the comment about how would she know who the Prime Minister was and the latest election was this year 2005); Dalek was 2012.

Maybe there was a treaty established during Doctor 7's time where they sent all the war criminals to be executed by Daleks or maybe he was just executed by them and they allowed him to take the master's remains.

Given that time is reletive it could be Adam from 2022 who has spent time learning about the Tardis tech or perhaps the Jagrafess downloaded some info into his memory when Adam was being downloaded.

Well, only two more weeks to go...

It could be an earlier point in Dalek history that the Master was tried, before Skaro was destroyed. Or if you read the books, "War of the Daleks" explains that Skaro wasn't destroyed at all.

Actually, haven't read any of the more recent Doctor Who books, just novelizations of episodes back when the classic series was still running... I plan to fix that lack sometime, probably after listening to all the Big Finish audio plays ^^