If you met "The Doctor" and could ask him one question?

dingding100

Heh... I'm amazed the most common question, "Mind if I tag along?" or some variation thereof, wasn't one of the questions in the poll. I figure MOST Dr. Who fans would ask THAT (as probably represented by the massive 'Other' result in this poll)

Ah, yes. I am the -- no wait, that's not it. I don't need no-one obeying me. In fact, hanging with the Doc sure is tempting, but I think I'd take it one step further and ask him how I build my own TARDIS with the limited resources at my disposal in this time and place and then how to pilot it?

Of course, I would have to stipulate that I also require Symbiotic Neuclei and would require the telepathic translation curcuits be fully functioning. Won't do me much good speaking just English, French, German, Italian, Russian and with the wife Chinese and Japanese. Yes, that would cover a lot, but what fun would it be if I couldn't visit ancient Babylon or Greece, never mind finding me some genuine Aliens. :) Oh, and if my Chamelion curcuit must also be broke, I want my TARDIS to be stuck in the shape of an Arabian Horse. :)

Ah, yes. I am the -- no wait, that's not it. I don't need no-one obeying me. In fact, hanging with the Doc sure is tempting, but I think I'd take it one step further and ask him how I build my own TARDIS with the limited resources at my disposal in this time and place and then how to pilot it?

His answer?

"You can't! You're too primitive, and we don't need any more primitive apes crawling about through time!"

Edit: around -> about... closer to how he'd say it ^^

The first poster had it right: "Can I come along?"

The next best thing (or possibly even better thing) is to be your own time traveller. The Doctor doesn't just "give away" the secrets of time travel, as Doctor Who fans are well aware. (Just how many stories feature some villain trying to extract the "secrets of time" from the Doctor?) However, one could always hitch a lift to Gallifrey (whoops) or, say, wherever Cpt. Jack is from and "borrow" a TT capsule. Only temporarily, of course.

While you're there, might as well get the nuclei, regenerative powers, Rassilon Imprimature etc etc... wouldn't want to lose everthing because of a freak tower accident, would you?

Well, until I hear a wheezing, groaning sound in my neighborhood... build high for happiness!