ENT: Enterprise - 4x11 - Observer Effect

martog

I think the actors did a really good job, and I liked the character development dialog. We got to know Trip and Hoshi a lot better. My favorite scene was Archer's 'sympathy' speech at the end. It showed that regardless of the Xindi incident, human's are still 'humane'. It was also interesting how the aliens claimed that humans were different because of their sympathy.

It wasn't the most 'action-packed', but it was a good episode, reminiscent of the first 2 seasons and TNG.

It was definitely a TNG type of episode which I enjoyed. Acting is getting better including the captain.

The thing that made TNG good was the cool stories and the great acting from pro's like Data, Picard and others especialy the guest actors that would come on TNG.

And in the fall of season 4 we just saw great acting by the return of people like the vulcan high command (sarek) and Sung. That brings along with them great stories.

But this episode brought a great story with good acting from the crew. Tucker which i always thought acted mechanicaly before proved excellent in the form of the alien. This leads me to believe that their acting is controlled by the director. In this episode they were let out of the shell of being commander tucker into being an alien.

First post!

Agreed, this was a good episode that just adds to the great things they have done with season four. The arcs are as good as ever and although I think Daedelus was a little bit of a letdown, Observer effect was a great episode that was completely enjoyable and didn't bore me at all like some past stand-alone episodes. If the upcoming Romulan arc flies and the ratings go up with it-- I think we will be able to enjoy Enterprise for the full seven season that it was meant to have with more time for stand-alone episodes like this after the next arcs come to an end. Off-topic: I can't wait for the federation to be born!

That;s my two cents!

Wondeful episode, it was nice to have some species prove to be mostly benevolent, instead of bent on evil like a lot of the alien intruders are... a nice twist from the standard "evil entity" posses crewmember formula.

This is exactly what many of us have been asking for: good writing, good acting, and a simple but descent story.

i know im alone here but i though that it was just ok, maybe i missed something. i dont like the idea of the crew dying of some disease, i'd rather it be from a phaser or a shuttlepod landing on their head or something or some rabid klingon. it was good acting though

No one died though, as for the phaser blasts, most of us are fans of other series and our fandom has just carried over to the newest series.

For me, TNG is my fav, although I do like enterprise more since the xindi season. In TNG, the risk of getting blown up was not an issue, it was how humans can deal with a dangerous and unknown parts of science, this newest episode wasnt just watching humans react....it anylized them....it truly was a really deep TNG ep.

Two Thumbs Up for what will become a classic startrek episode, and I take back everything I said about 410, the writers probably rushed through that so they could perfect this episode.

As for cancelling enterprise...i can now see it happening, it seems they are building up to a new series....my guess they will call it something like "Star Trek: Federation"

bah.

They have too much tradition to follow.

This was a good episode.

They'll go 7 seasons cause they'll use the same writers for the next season. They'll need the practice.

They can say that they did a poo poo job and pay them less to make more money from a new show with better ratings!

I have a big issue with the writers not researching some of the scientific issues throughly enough.

For example, I was disapointed when the doctor said that this is a silicon based virus and our immune system cant fight it. Thats a big big mistake.

Ok so I am in the health field and I know that our immune system can fight almost any type of substance but I would guess most other people would know that too. For instance why do people have allergies to platinum or gold?? Allergy is an immune reaction and therefore our immune system can attack gold or platinum.. it can certainly attack silicon.

But I dont even have to give you the gold example. A more direct example is "Silicosis". It is a disease of the lung after people have inhaled silica and our immune system has been stimulated and therefore causese severe inflammation.

One of the reasons TNG was such a big success was that they pretty much researched their science..the mistakes they may have made were in theory, not in facts.

The German fandome seems to be really harsh with this episode - I can't understand that, I like it a lot. Probably they want a perfection they will never get.

My personal fav-list now looks something like this:

1. Shuttlepod One

2. Observer

3. A night in sickbay

You see, I'm a fan of bottle-shows ;)

The German fandome seems to be really harsh with this episode - I can't understand that, I like it a lot. Probably they want a perfection they will never get.

My personal fav-list now looks something like this:

1. Shuttlepod One

2. Observer

3. A night in sickbay

You see, I'm a fan of bottle-shows ;)

I'm part german & I liked it, so don't worry about it.

;)

I'm part german & I liked it' date=' so don't worry about it. [/quote']

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Fellow warrior! :)

As for you, dabrood, failure to understand anothers judgment is not a grave wrongdoing. Only if you decide to judge the judgement you do not understand, you're wrong.

(not that you're doing that, just take an old man's advice)

I did not like the episode.

Mainly because I failed to see through the impersonating Organians in the first scene (between Reed and Mayweather in the cantina).

Nevertheless, it's Enterprise, so it's actually better than Friends... (or will I now be covered with tar and feathers?)

With the greatest respect,

Elladan

I'm part german & I liked it' date=' so don't worry about it. [/quote']

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Fellow warrior! :)

As for you, dabrood, failure to understand anothers judgment is not a grave wrongdoing. Only if you decide to judge the judgement you do not understand, you're wrong.

(not that you're doing that, just take an old man's advice)

I did not like the episode.

Mainly because I failed to see through the impersonating Organians in the first scene (between Reed and Mayweather in the cantina).

Nevertheless, it's Enterprise, so it's actually better than Friends... (or will I now be covered with tar and feathers?)

With the greatest respect,

Elladan

There's a little missunderstanding here: I just don't like the way how they critisize it on their Forums. Just because the story reminds them of TNG they instantly seem to hate it.

Maybe be I should make the irony clearer next time ;)

I'll think about the advice of an old man B)

Again, I accept any oppinion as long as it's explained fair and logically.

I have a big issue with the writers not researching some of the scientific issues throughly enough.

For example, I was disapointed when the doctor said that this is a silicon based virus and our immune system cant fight it. Thats a big big mistake.

I think it was more that it was silicone based, rather than the fact it had silicon in it... it is just like saying it was a carbon based virus, but since humans had never encountered anything like it, our immune systems are ill-equipped to handle it. Silicon was chose probably due to the popular knowledge about silicon being a possible basis for other life.

That's how I read it anyway. I think I'd have written it to say something about how smallpox was introduced to people who had never experienced it and were unable to cope with it.