Dr. Who 27x13 Confidential

Fenriswolf

Compared to the past Confidential episodes, this impressed me the least.

There was a final clip montage done as a tribute to the ninth doctor's reign, some information on the development of the supreme Dalek, a nice explaination of the regeneration sequence and for Jack's farewell kiss (the documentary makes it sound like he's gone for good), but the rest of it just feels like a recap of what was just shown in the main episode.

What I really wanted to hear about was a nice little tidbit about David Tennant's doctor to hold us over until December, but no such luck.

This one episode aside, the Confidential series really helps to show just how far the show has come since the early days in a way other documentaries couldn't.

I was very disappointed with the Dr Who Special before the actual episode. All it was was 10 confidential episodes compressed into 45 mins with nothing new or additional.

However I realise that not everyone has BBC3 so I guess that was the main reason for it..... I would've like a little something extra tho...

They have to keep a lot about DTs Doctor quiet' date=' the Xmas special is his first story so we're told - so in total his Doctor gets 14 episodes.[/quote']

Do you know something we don't? I thought that DT would also helm the TARDIS in the 2007 season...

So far, as fact we know the following.

Both David and Billy have signed on/contracts for the next series 13 episodes and the first Xmas special. They have not (yet) signed on for the 2007 (third series).

I am hoping that this is of course just because they haven't had time to sign paperwork yet, or they might be seeing how well series 2 does.

• 2 months later...
I believe now, DT's on for 2 series! wooooohooo!

Not sure about Billy, I'd like to see her stay for both 2 and 3.

Yes, I hope Billie stays for more. It's ironic when I heard she had been cast as the Doctor's assistant I nearly cried, but I don't want imagine the series without her now.

That tends to be the reaction of a lot of my friends who were dead set against her from the start' date=' but couldn't live without her now.[/quote']

I think she really brought the viewers into the show in a way that none of the companions ever did. I found it was very easy to identify with Rose and have a similiar viewpoint.