Here is what your head can be like

BorisP

Everyone acts like I am an ogre or something so I been avoiding some of the threads. Like the "are you an alien thread". I want to provoke discussion. We cannot really reach a conclusion. I think there is enough evidence of skull shape and that alien skull to make anyone wonder what is going on. I can post 100 corroborative photos and people can still say no it is nothing.

I did my job. I got people thinking.

So let's talk about how your head works. Maybe that is interesting. Lot's of people think there head sits on top of their neck and turns. If a person has had anatomy or a health class, they might know the head is sitting on the neck and know the names of the muscles that move the head and neck.

In this view of the head, the individual muscles are discrete units that act on certain areas do to certain things. Each muscle has a name and an action it performs. This view of the head is correct as far as it goes.

There is another much deeper level that your head acts on though. You either get born lucky and have this naturally, or you do something to make it grow within you. The evolution concept I am always bringing up.

Your head is like a psuedopod. You know what that is right? Your arms and legs are like pseudopods too. I got a theory that says you are a big Amoeba. Your head and arms and legs are psuedopods. The skeleton is there to provide something for the psuedopods to grip on and act against when they move the human body.

I told this to SoulReaper privately and he said "What?". You need to learn how to talk normal. ;)

Since words do not explain what I am saying very well, I always use video and pictures. They are more intuitive. There is a perfect movie to explain exactly what I am talking about when I say the human body is a big Amoeba and the head, arms and legs are psuedopods. It is called The Abyss.

You will have to accept something if you learn about subjects like this. There is this priniciple that says "You cannot see something you cannot do or do not understand". I learned this in kung fu. If you can't do something, you cannot understand how others do it. Even if they stood right in front of you and demonstrated, you still cannot see it. Your eyes or brain are not developed to see it.

That is how lots of my ideas are. They sound odd not because they are odd, but because most people have not developed in a way that allows them to see the clues that verify I am onto something. Then when I tell them that, they get mad. "What do you mean I can't see it? Are you trying to say you are better than me?".

In the most simple way I can think of to describe it. Your eyes and your head are spheres. Imagine that only half of your eyes and head are stimulated and working. Do you think you can see everything in front of you? Only half of the eye and brain are working. Then someone like me, for whatever reason, has maybe 5/8ths of the brain and eye working. I am not better than you. I just have 1/8th more of the spheres of my eyes open and 1/8th more of the sphere of my brain working than you do. Nothing special. If you want, you can go work to make your eyes and brain work 100%. It is just work. The decision is yours.

Anyways. This video from The Abyss demonstrates how your head and arms and legs can work. It is a video of a psuedopod made from water. Pay special attention when the face pops up. You might even pause it and just look at the face. Pretend that the far end of the pseudopod goes down into your torso instead of out of the door of the complex. Your arms and legs can be trained to move the same way.

http://www.happeh.com/Videos/Head.avi

22 Meg Xvid MPEG 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not what you wanted to talk about, but I wanted to point it out to you anyway. I think you've got some ideas mixed up:

If you can't do something' date=' you cannot understand how others do it[/quote']

It should read: If you can't understand what/how others do something, you can't do it yourself!

This is a much more acceptable and logical statement than what you were saying!

But, as I said, I'm pretty sure you didn't want to talk about that, so I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;)

I know this is not what you wanted to talk about, but I wanted to point it out to you anyway. I think you've got some ideas mixed up:

If you can't do something' date=' you cannot understand how others do it[/quote']

It should read: If you can't understand what/how others do something, you can't do it yourself!

This is a much more acceptable and logical statement than what you were saying!

But, as I said, I'm pretty sure you didn't want to talk about that, so I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;)

Huh? Why are you so sure I don't want to talk about it?

I meant exactly what I said. Logic will take you so far. Then it becomes an anchor around your leg.

Since you being sarcastic, ;), I let you keep your belief.

By the way. What happened to Michael Jackson thread? Did I miss something? I could swear it was in these forums?

Doesn't pique anyone's interest huh? I was hoping for a why or who cares or what is the point or something.

How sad I felt when I read someone's comment that they see the big posts and ignore them. I never understood that. In depth understanding usually takes heavy reading. I guess what I am really saying is I never understood people with no drive or ambition. ( If they don't like reading because of the site style, I could agree with that. The little skinny white font on black background is really hard on the eyes).

I like politics. There was some article came out today. It was like 60,000 words or something like that. OK. Even I skimmed that one. It was a heavy article on why the economy is going to crash and the world is going to go to hell in the next 5, 10 years. If some guy writes 60,000 words, I accept what he says. I don't say, "Ya he is a bozo, what does he know? I am not going to read his article and present my reasons why he is a bozo. I just know he is a bozo".

I know life is easier and more relaxed when a person does not care to know anything. Maybe what I am saying is that I don't understand how Sci Fi people could be like that. I have come to expect no ambition from sheeple. But from people who admire Spock and Data, people who claim to think Space Travel and Technology is the greatest, to hear them say they don't like to read? I want to grab them by the panties and rush them right out the door to join the rest of the sheeple.

If you told Star Fleet Academy that you didn't like heavy reading, they would put you thru the degree course for janitorial services. Janitorial services never starred in any episode of Star Trek I recall.

;)

Hey guys, come over here for a second.

*lights smoke*

My Name is Rickey, I'm from the Sunnyvale Trailer Park, and I just wanted you guys to know that I've been drinking all day, I'm drunk outta my mind, been driving around in my car all day, I'm on drugs - been smokin' dope and driving in my car all day, and I wanna go back to jail.

*pulls out a loaded hand gun*

I've got a loaded hand gun here, and I think I'll start fireing it off here in the parking lot *shoots 5 shots into the air*

Hey, where ya guys going? Arnlt ya gonna call the cops? Please call the cops, I wanna go back to jail.

I'm not quite sure what your trying to get at?? is it like a fantasy idea or something??? like that would be neat if things were that way?? one thing though is you should do a little more research into evolutionary theory since from your posts you seem to have more of an understanding of the deffinition of evolution and less of evolutionary theory.

Oh also so is this what my head could be like like that water dude?? like over extremelly long periods of time or through like muscle control or??? You should check out this documentary called "the future is wild", its all speculation on possible evolutionary advancements, its pretty cool, all just fantasining pretty much but deffently cool with good thought put into it, what i think your trying to get at, reminds me of that.

What makes you say that we dont like to read? there are a few posts where people are discussing their favourite authors.

in addition to that in alot of posts where you have raised interesting ideas there have been many requests for references to scientific journals so we can read into it more. So far all I have seen is the occasional photo and video clip. I'm a wiz with photoshop and can doctor anything to support my theories so I dont consider them to be proof.

If there arent any journals or thesis to support your ideas maybe you should consider writting some. Share your ideas with the intellectual communities as a whole so they can be better discussed and examined.

you are too defensive, half of your posts are about how right you are and how everyone is persecuting you. try just presenting your ideas "what do you think of this...check out more [reference]" rather than your current approach "i'm right! I have proof! everything you are going to say is wrong so dont bother!"

I'm all for discussion, I love it, but I'm not going to waste my time (that I should really be spending stuying :rolleyes: ) if the other people have closed their minds from the word go

B)

Borisp:

In the most simple way I can think of to describe it. Your eyes and your head are spheres. Imagine that only half of your eyes and head are stimulated and working. Do you think you can see everything in front of you? Only half of the eye and brain are working. Then someone like me, for whatever reason, has maybe 5/8ths of the brain and eye working. I am not better than you. I just have 1/8th more of the spheres of my eyes open and 1/8th more of the sphere of my brain working than you do. Nothing special. If you want, you can go work to make your eyes and brain work 100%. It is just work. The decision is yours.

----------------

Is this an example or do you truly belief that you use more of your brain..... No disrespect....

I really thought sci fi people would be different. I can hear jeering at any public forum. I can go to yahoo forums if I want to hear jeering. I thought people here would be thoughtful, understanding, considerate. I thought that each person would have their own Sci Fi idea. I though each person would be considerate to others because they did not want their own ideas jeered at.

The idea behind the abyss clip is that if you learn how to use your body in a certain way, your head and your arms and legs will behave in the way shown by that water pseudopod. They will emerge from your belly/torso and move out to the extremities.

This is a totally different body view than thinking you are a torso with wooden plank like arms and legs attached with pins and a head spiked down into the top of the torso.

I would bet none of you guys have spent even one minute of your lives really considering how you move your body. If you had, you would have an inkling of how powerful these ideas really are.

The point in bringing up the Abyss clip is that it provides a foundation for the origin of the human cultural item, The Mask.

Of course the all knowing here are like "Hey, I know what a mask is. It is something I wear on Halloween".

People like me, who think and analyze everything, like a Star Trek away team member, we want to know why were masks developed. Why do they look like they do? Why weren't they designed some other way?

I swear I wrote this post before. Probably been deleted like half the others. You got your sheeple who believe in experts. I think there is another one a few posts up saying he won't accept anyting not signed by a known scientist. You got your sheeple who think that FOX style jeering is scientific discussion. Then you got your sheeple who care about nothing but what is on TV tonight.

Show me one, just one, Star Trek show where the captain jeered Spock. Show me one Generations show where Picard jeered Data. Neither Kirk nor Picard understood Spock or Data. They were captains, not science officers.

But they respected the science officiers. Even if they didn't understand, they took Spock and Data's recommendations because they knew that Spock and Data were smarter.

Still not proof, just movie clips and hypotheses with no grounding that I can find anywhere. It's not about 'being signed by a scientist', but as something tried reproducably by several unrelated scientists, or at least an experiment proposal.

You speak about thinking things through, and yet give no real data or reproducable mechanisms by which your hypotheses can be tested or proven. You show clips from movies that usually have nothing to do with the points you argue, and seem to think computer generated animations are things that can be done in real life. Can anyone blame me for not believing you?

*sigh* I won't waste any more time trying to get real science out of you, since you obviously don't want to supply any. Talk sensibly, support what you're saying, or be ignored (at least by me.)... and I recommend others ignore you too until you DO start backing up what you say with actual evidence, or even workable and testable theory and hypotheses.

Still not proof, just movie clips and hypotheses with no grounding that I can find anywhere. It's not about 'being signed by a scientist', but as something tried reproducably by several unrelated scientists, or at least an experiment proposal.

You speak about thinking things through, and yet give no real data or reproducable mechanisms by which your hypotheses can be tested or proven. You show clips from movies that usually have nothing to do with the points you argue, and seem to think computer generated animations are things that can be done in real life. Can anyone blame me for not believing you?

*sigh* I won't waste any more time trying to get real science out of you, since you obviously don't want to supply any. Talk sensibly, support what you're saying, or be ignored (at least by me.)... and I recommend others ignore you too until you DO start backing up what you say with actual evidence, or even workable and testable theory and hypotheses.

Very true, you seem to be talking about evolution but you don't know what it is, you claim to know something about history but do not know when the egyptians lived. This is not wierd but don't expect us to believe everything you say, because i can not find much science in it. But this doesn't mean i find your posts useless. Most of them are rather interesting, but don't expect them to be the truth.

Borisp said:

I would bet none of you guys have spent even one minute of your lives really considering how you move your body. If you had, you would have an inkling of how powerful these ideas really are.

-------------------------------------------

I know how i move my arms and legs, it is done by my cerebreal cortex, in which my frontal lobe association areas make an general plan for any action i want. Next my premotor an supplementary motor areas convert this plan into neural programs for movement, which are then executed through connections to the primary motor cortex or through downward connections to the cerebellum and basal ganglia. after that neurons deliver the information to my muscles by means of electrical pulses. (Evarts, 1979; Kornhuber, 1974)(Passingham and others, 1983)(Peterson and others, 1989;Sanes and others, 1995)(Krakauer and Ghez, 2000)(Roland and others, 1980)

Full literature list to be found in Peter Gray; Psychology, in the reference list in the back of the book.

Show me one, just one, Star Trek show where the captain jeered Spock. Show me one Generations show where Picard jeered Data. Neither Kirk nor Picard understood Spock or Data. They were captains, not science officers.

But they respected the science officiers. Even if they didn't understand, they took Spock and Data's recommendations because they knew that Spock and Data were smarter.

No. They took Spok and Data's recommendations for two reasons:

1) Each had a proven track record.

2) Each could explain (sometimes after the fact) the reasons for their recommendations - and their explanations were based on logic, reason, and facts, not fantastic leaps based on a clip of somebody's holodeck program!

2.a) Yes, I know there were times when holodeck programs were central in solving problems - but each time the solution was based on reality, not fantasy.

Of course the all knowing here are like "Hey, I know what a mask is. It is something I wear on Halloween".

You got your sheeple who believe in experts. I think there is another one a few posts up saying he won't accept anyting not signed by a known scientist. You got your sheeple who think that FOX style jeering is scientific discussion. Then you got your sheeple who care about nothing but what is on TV tonight.

You are putting everyone down without even getting to know them. you assume that any idea that differs from yours has to be wrong and the person must be stupid. even in your first post, before anyone had responded you had the attitude that everyone but you is wrong.

Do you really think we want to have a discussion with someone with that sort of attitude.

it is interesting that you bring up the issue of respect. It is clear from your posts that you have no respect for anyone other than yourself. I'm sure that data and spock would never start talking to the captain with "I doubt your underdeveloped sheepish mind could even grasp the concept, so dont dare question my intellect because I am right, not that you will ever be smart enough to realise it."

It seems it is you that is jeering us.

I tonight.

You are putting everyone down without even getting to know them. you assume that any idea that differs from yours has to be wrong and the person must be stupid. even in your first post, before anyone had responded you had the attitude that everyone but you is wrong.

Do you really think we want to have a discussion with someone with that sort of attitude.

it is interesting that you bring up the issue of respect. It is clear from your posts that you have no respect for anyone other than yourself. I'm sure that data and spock would never start talking to the captain with "I doubt your underdeveloped sheepish mind could even grasp the concept, so dont dare question my intellect because I am right, not that you will ever be smart enough to realise it."

It seems it is you that is jeering us.

You are right. I have been avoiding threads because I felt that way myself before I ever read this reply.

As for "Believing I am right and everyone else is wrong".....It is true. You want me to lie? The people that I treat as if they do not think good should only be the ones that told me I was stupid or whatever. Sometimes I believe in giving back what a person gave to me so they can see how it feels.

I have a problem. I am an...ambitious and driven person. If someone tells me I cannot do something, you can bet I am going to do it. No matter what. I am one of those people that thinks and talks a million miles an hour. I can finish your sentences for you after 2 or 3 words come out of your mouth. I pull my hair out in frustration with people because I can see the thoughts originate in their brain, slowly travel down to the mouth, then activate the tongue to produce the sounds meant to represent the thoughts. You know how agonizing that is? It is physically painful to stand there waiting on people brains. I want to reach over, grab their jaw with my hands and make it move up and down to speed up their speech process.

When people talk to me, they think I am a space cadet because I don't pay attention and stare off into space. I am not a space cadet. I am bored to death. I say my piece and then in the intervening minute or two while I listen to their brain creak and groan and begin to start working, I can be thinking about 20 other ideas. I am staring off into space because I am entertaining myself with intriguing thoughts while their brain trudges into action.

I want to motivate people to think. I think they are like me so I tell them stuff like "you can't do it", "you are not so smart". It is insulting I agree. For me, those challenging statements would be guaranteed to light a fire under my behind.

Most of what I have heard is "I can't be bothered to research", "I can't be bothered to think", "I can't be bothered to read big pieces of text", "I won't listen to you unless you provide experts". All kinds of excuses. If I was a drill sergeant and you were new recruits, I would kick all of your booties. ;)

I really am at a loss as to how to motivate people. If I ask nicely, people say "your stupid" and walk away. If I challenge them by insulting their intelligence, they get angry and walk away.

What really disturbs me is why any of this is necessary. When I think smart or sci fi people, I think people talking a mile a minute about every subject under the sun. I throw out a subject and I expect anything. Any kind of take on the issue from any perspective. I never in my wildest dreams expected to hear boredom or resistance from people who claim to love sci fi.

As for "Data and Spock would never jeer Kirk and say - you don't understand because you are not smart"......I disagree. You don't know intelligent people. Intelligent people communicate with body language, gestures, facial movements, sentence fragments.

Data and Spock ARE telling the Captains they are stupid. You just don't understand it. When Spock tilts his head and lifts his eyebrow, that is intelligent shortspeak for "you are a fool but I will be patient with your inferior brain". Data did it the other way. Data played the fool to show his superiority.

If someone is not so smart, a smart person might lower themselves to an even lower level in order not to threaten the other person. I usually speak on the internet in Child Speak. If I talk like myself, no one understands me. Or they get an inferiority complex. To get people to relax and accept me, I have to talk like a high school kid.

I apologize for being harsh to anyone who is offended. My method of motivation apparently doesn't work.

you are too defensive, half of your posts are about how right you are and how everyone is persecuting you. try just presenting your ideas "what do you think of this...check out more [reference]" rather than your current approach "i'm right! I have proof! everything you are going to say is wrong so dont bother!"

you assume that any idea that differs from yours has to be wrong and the person must be stupid. even in your first post, before anyone had responded you had the attitude that everyone but you is wrong.

Exactly

Everything starts at the bottom and works up. I got this theory that says that you can view your body as a big Amoeba. People got trouble understanding what I mean. The clip from the Abyss is supposed to show how this big Amoeba would work. It is deformable like the water thing in The Abyss. It can move over distances like that thing in The Abyss.

I said that the thing in The Abyss could be viewed as moving out into your arms or legs or up into your head. That this was a more accurate view of how the human body functions.

I used that clip on from The Abyss because the section where the face forms on the psuedopod was perfect for a description of why the tradition and construction of masks was developed in various cultures. I didn't see any interest.

The big Amoeba inside of you can be viewed as residing in your belly. Then the pseudopods reach out from there to wherever they are going. If you watch Japanese Anime, you know they have a real thing for psuedopods. There is a reason for this. The Japanese understand how the basics of the human body work. They know it is like psuedopods like I am talking about and they include that knowledge in their culture.

This is a clip from a Japanese Anime about robots.

http://www.happeh.com/Videos/AnimatedPseudopods.aviIn this clip, a robot in the form of a human throws off it's human disguise to reveal it is a robot. When it does, a large group of pipes or psuedopods drive down into the floor. A few seconds later, the robot will attack some opponents by driving another group of pipes/psuedopods at them where they slam into a wall.

Those pipes/pseudopods are a reasonable visual representation of how the pseudopods within your body work. Instead of driving down into the ground or into a wall, they drive out into your 4 limbs and head. They wrap around your body and go just about everywhere.

What good is this knowledge? Heck. I don't know. If you are a knowledge lover, what more is there? You can't sell it. If you try to incorporate the knowledge within yourself, it will probably take you years. I thought it would sound interesting to people interested in sci fi.