The Return Of The Cybermen

Camallain

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but in an article in this weeks "What's On TV" Russell T Davies the shows writer commented when asked what wonders lie in store on the Doctor's continuing adventures ? ~

"Cybermen! We were going to keep it secret like we tried with the Daleks - but we knew their photo would be in the tabloids within five minutes.

Something to look forward too there.....now about these Ice Warriors

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... did they show any pictures? No, of course not... Ah, well ^^'

If it's going to be the best part of a year until we get the next series I would doubt the Cyberman costume has even reached the drawing board yet alone been photgraphed. Still, it's good to know they are on the way back!

When I first heard they were coming back I was so happy. I never figured out why, but I like the Cybermen better than the Daleks.

My favorite costume of theirs was the one where you could see the chin of the person inside. That was creepy.

Here is a link on BBC to some CGI Cybermen.

Cybermen

I have a feeling that they may well sleek them up a little and make them a lot less ponderous. That would be a nice contrast to the old Cybermen who always seemed to be the slow 'lumbering' sort...then again, they did supposedly weigh quite a bit.

When I first heard they were coming back I was so happy. I never figured out why, but I like the Cybermen better than the Daleks.

My favorite costume of theirs was the one where you could see the chin of the person inside. That was creepy.

Here is a link on BBC to some CGI Cybermen.

Cybermen

nawwwwwwwwwww always prefer the daleks to the cybermen

I always liked the Cybermen. Unlike the Daleks they aren't strictly "evil." They simply want to survive; they've no plans of "assimilating" the universe. But they were persecuted and attacked wherever they went.

Not saying I'd like to be one, of course!

I always thought the more advanced Cybermen had a brain only as the organic component. But hey, the brain still needs oxygen.

Maybe gold's the weakness because the production crew just had alot of gravel and gold paint lying around.... But yeah its silly, "glittergun" anybody?

Now me, I'd like to see the Master return in some form. And frankly I don't like the "I'm the last Time Lord" thing. If the Daleks survived then some other Time Lords could have too regardless of the Doctor's insistance that he'd "just know."

Or how about the Sea Devils?

I wouldn't expect an extreme update of the Cybermen. For continuity's sake, they're probably not going to diverge much from the one whose head was on display at the beginning of "Dalek".

I'm a recent classic series convert so I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about. I've never even seen any Cybermen episodes before. I downloaded "Revenge of the Cybermen" but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I'd love to see the Master return myself' date=' and some of the older classic Who villains. What could the team do with some of our old favourites I wonder?[/quote']

Hrm. The only "classic Who villains" I can ever bring to mind are the Daleks, the Cybermen, and the Master. (I suppose the Autons count now too, since they were in the new series pilot). Who did you have in mind? (Edit - counting Davros in with the Daleks, of course. Would be interesting to see his return.)