Have you watched this AWESOME show?

NiteShdw

It makes better sense now that I watched them all. I don't like when shows go over your head so much that you can't watch. Enterprise season 3 was like that in so many ways, I wonder how the average viewer saw it.

I couldn't keep up with who was a cylon at first. Sleepy kind of story.

It's on a low budget? I wouldnt have guessed. It certainly isnt lacking in the fx department. I found the same air date, mid july. Wont be here in Australia for a long time yet so I'm counting on someone uploading :D

I definately recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it, what rock have you been under?

I'm hoping the spineless dr gaius baltar gets what's coming to him SOON!!

I second the request for an upload! We'll be lucky if we get it at all :(

I think it's the most outstanding SciFi show that been released for years. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard Trek fan and always will be, but it's just so compelling and unlike anything else that's on. It got me right from the mini series and I can't wait to see what happens.

SPOILER ALERT

As an aside, Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) has been cast as Cain for a season 2 story arc.

• 2 weeks later...
It's on a low budget? I wouldnt have guessed. It certainly isnt lacking in the fx department. I found the same air date, mid july. Wont be here in Australia for a long time yet so I'm counting on someone uploading :D

I definately recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it, what rock have you been under?

I'm hoping the spineless dr gaius baltar gets what's coming to him SOON!!

I second the request for an upload! We'll be lucky if we get it at all :(

I think it's the most outstanding SciFi show that been released for years. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard Trek fan and always will be, but it's just so compelling and unlike anything else that's on. It got me right from the mini series and I can't wait to see what happens.

SPOILER ALERT

As an aside, Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) has been cast as Cain for a season 2 story arc.

Cain, isnt that the commander of the pegeus? certainly a intresting thought, makes me wonder if we will see the count and a remakes of the episodes with the god like ship which was one of the high-lights of the old series.

Yes, the Pegasus is making an appearance for a few episodes that I know of.

There has been a lot of debate about how many original storylines should be reincarnated. I myself am not too keen on too many being redone, I don't think many would fit into the feel of the show.

One thing I do know is that hardly anyone wants a reappearane of Count Iblis :rolleyes:

Yes, the Pegasus is making an appearance for a few episodes that I know of.

There has been a lot of debate about how many original storylines should be reincarnated. I myself am not too keen on too many being redone, I don't think many would fit into the feel of the show.

One thing I do know is that hardly anyone wants a reappearane of Count Iblis :rolleyes:

shame as the count was a great character, but i do think that pattrick macnee (think thats his name) did actually play the role quite well. I do think that they should re-make the gods episodes actually as it was one of the best eps in the orginal series.

I tried getting into it last night. I've seen a few episodes, but the pilot put me to sleep. I'm rested now so I'll try again later tonight after I take my girlfriend to work.

The effects seem really good though, that's one of the things I like about good scifi

incredible show. almost finished the 1st season... thoroughly enjoying it. The original was about as believable as Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, whereas this is dark, scary and labyrinthine...which fits the scenario so much better than the original, 'Starbuck and Apollo impress the girlies with their hot rods', format.

Fave characters are Adama and Col. Tigh, i like the comm officer too...what's the character and actor?

My mate says Starbuck is a Cylon; I say Adama is.

The truth is, ANYONE could be, and that makes it all very compelling.

Ron Moore was my favourite Star Trek writer (watch Tapestry if you don't know what I mean) and he was the main reason I checked it out at all. He's has outdone himself with this excellent example of contemporary sci-fi.

------------------------------------

'Every moment we live, we are moving through time...we've earned the right to choose which direction.'

Vosk, Storm Front II

incredible show. almost finished the 1st season... thoroughly enjoying it. The original was about as believable as Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, whereas this is dark, scary and labyrinthine...which fits the scenario so much better than the original, 'Starbuck and Apollo impress the girlies with their hot rods', format.

Fave characters are Adama and Col. Tigh, i like the comm officer too...what's the character and actor?

My mate says Starbuck is a Cylon; I say Adama is.

The truth is, ANYONE could be, and that makes it all very compelling.

Ron Moore was my favourite Star Trek writer (watch Tapestry if you don't know what I mean) and he was the main reason I checked it out at all. He's has outdone himself with this excellent example of contemporary sci-fi.

------------------------------------

'Every moment we live, we are moving through time...we've earned the right to choose which direction.'

Vosk, Storm Front II

I think you are referring to Petty Officer Second Dualla, or just D. The actress is Kandyse McClure.

The other main bridge officer is Tactical Officer Lieutenant Gaeta, Alessandro Juliani.

I gotta agree with niteshdw.....If you think about what budget this show is on (which is stupidly less than star trek) It is presented with such style and shown in such a way that it becomes almost real.....now pls tell me,apart from big budget movies that cost 100 mil + ,what sci-fi tv show on this earth has presented these kind of fx(that are not only there for show but to help the story along) That create that type of realism and reality while knowing its all cgi?

That in itself needs some proper respect because personally i cant think of another show..can you?

EDIT: ok i know SG has some decent effects but looking at the bigger picture they are hardly believable are they?

just my 2 pence worth of course...respect! ;)

Also as i cant help myself after reading the other comments(meaning the ones about Dr Who).

Being british and seeing something like that being brought back it was complete and utter terror...what i mean is that seeing the old stuff now is almost too cheesy that there isnt a word for it...even if i loved it as a kid when i was growing up.

So my point is about the new series is........Thank fuck the bbc for once spent the publics licence money on a tv show that is nostalgic while being modern and refreshing.

If this is a sign to come for uk sci-fi then america had better watch out because we have the first series of a diamond of a show and (DR) who (gettit :P ) knows whats nxt ;)

I tried getting into it last night. I've seen a few episodes, but the pilot put me to sleep. I'm rested now so I'll try again later tonight after I take my girlfriend to work.

The effects seem really good though, that's one of the things I like about good scifi

arrrrrh but you dont need dogs bollocks in sfx to make a good si-fi show...something that george lucas seems to of forgotten...juts look at the BBC's Dr Who :p

I flip flop on my opinion of this new BSG almost weekly. I did NOT like it when I first saw the mini-series. I actually watched most of the first season before it started to grow on me. By the end of the season, I was hooked. Now with the start of the new season, I am once again not feeling very enthused. It's been a struggle to watch the first few episodes. I hope it gets better. Quickly.

according to tv.com the schedule is as follows:

20: The Farm 8/12/2005 2 - 5

21: Home: Part 1 8/19/2005 2 - 6

22: Home: Part 2 8/26/2005 2 - 7

23: Final Cut 9/2/2005 2 - 8

24: Flight of the Phoenix 9/9/2005 2 - 9

25: Pegasus 9/16/2005 2 - 10

26: Resurection Ship 1/11/2006 2 - 11

99: Mini Series (1) 12/8/2003 ( 2 - 99)?

• 1 month later...

I have just started watching the series and very much enjoying it. I was a little kid when the original was out but I was hooked. Too bad I don't still have all those BSG comics! Wish they would have done away with the Star Wars like fighters looking like they are flying in atmospheric pressure but I'm sure that would have made it too dull for the masses. Would have appreciated more Sci then Eye-Fi. Starbuck seems to be carrying around too much angst for someone so cute... (but admittedly I need to watch more before I make a judgment) She’s just too much of a fighter to not have some scar on her face or something.

I have to agre, I'm totally hooked. Boomer is my fav. character and I'm in love with Grace Park, almost as much as I'm in love with Jolene Blalock :D

i can't wait to see the continuation/series premier in January, does anyone know what it's called?