I give you a break. Maybe you all are ignorant.

BorisP

I said the other day I was angry. Then something happened that made me think I could be wrong. I think people purposefully cause me trouble here. I am open to the possibility that people are simply ignorant. Allow me to explain.

I participate in political discussions. My opponents include very evil people. These evil people will say anything, anything at all to destroy my arguments or my credibility.They do this according to a scientifically derived set of rules.

Why do I blow my top and get angry here? The attacks on me here feel like I am being attacked by those political people using those psychological principles. No one is discussing sci fi, dissecting my ideas like they would a chemistry experiment. My ideas are met with "you're stupid, that idea is stupid, you need to be banned".

There are two principles at the top of my list that have been used against me here in almost every single sci fi discussion I have tried to start. Data has energy. Dr who has energy. Gay will make you sick. Alien Skull. Every single thread contains attacks based on these psychological principles. Here are two that apply:

9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues except with denials they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.

Example: 'Nothing you say makes any sense. Your logic is idiotic. Your facts nonexistent. Better go back to the drawing board and try again.'

In my opinion, I say obvious stuff. I feel like I have to explain basic things like how to think rationally or how to scientifically examine a new idea for holes. Half the people here have told me "your facts are non existent". A line straight from the disinformation example. I think soulreaper and elderbear told me to go back and try again, another line straight from the example above.

Here is the other disinformation principle.

"5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary 'attack the messenger' ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as 'kooks', 'right-wing', 'liberal', 'left-wing', 'terrorists', 'conspiracy buffs', 'radicals', 'militia', 'racists', 'religious fanatics', 'sexual deviates', and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

Example: 'You believe what you read in the Spotlight? The Publisher, Willis DeCarto, is a well-known right-wing racist. I guess we know your politics -- does your Bible have a swastika on it? That certainly explains why you support this wild-eyed, right-wing conspiracy theory.'"

I have talked so much about people calling me names that everyone is sick of hearing it. Doesn't matter if it is true, people just get sick of hearing it. Every new subject I start, Alien Skull etc, I am "nuts", I am "a kook", I am a "racist", I am a "homophobe". I am none of those things so I conclude that evil people are cynically using these psychological principles against me here like the political guys do.

Maybe the problem is me. I think everyone here is smart sci fi and knows all this stuff. No one would use disinformation except for it's intended purpose. To disrupt my work. I can't decide if people are evil and lying about their motivations, or if they are truly ignorant.

The problem for me in making this decision is that the evil people in the political forums? They always act innocent too. They never admit "Yes we are using disinformation techniques in order to stop you." Every word out their mouth is a lie. I am so used to people lying that when I hear intelligent sci fi people deny they are using disinformation techniques to stop a conversation, I simply don't belive it. Sci Fi people are smart, not ignorant. They must be aware of disinformation techniques.

If you are ignorant of disinformation techniques, here is a link for you to learn from. This is for all you people that won't listen to anyone but experts. Experts wrote up this list on how to stop anyone from talking about something you don't want them to.

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/disinfo.htm#Play%20Dumb

Actually it would be nice if you guys are ignorant. Right now, I don't really trust anyone because I can't accept they don't know this stuff. But if you are ignorant of this information, then people are not bad like I think they are. They are just being accidentally rude and hurtful instead of knowingly and maliciously trying to stop me from sharing my knowledge.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys, at least his intend is good! Try helping him in a positive way. He has a different opinion about a lot of things, but that is the way he sees things. We may not agree or even find his proof flaud, but it is his way and we should respect that! Then again, he should also respect ours!

Heck, I don't agree with him, and I don't know how he got these strange ideas, but I recon it's going to be just as hard for us to convince him we're right, as it is for him to convince us he's right. Things that are totally obvious for him can be completely opposite for us. It is very hard to have a decent discussion about peoples deepest way of seeing things over the net.

In one way, we could even see him as a minority and as such he deserves at least some credit!

All the discussions mentioned go back to the principles of wich he is convinced they are right and we are convinced they are false. Until these issues are met all further discussions will be pointless. We need to deal with this and if it is clear that there is no convincing possible, then it is also clear that all further discussions involving these differences in 'science' are pointless as well.

To BorisP:

I'm pretty sure that most people are not willingly trying to be 'evil' against you, but it is frustrating that you are nearly 'unconvincable'. Probably you're frustrated about this fact also in relation to us, but I'm sure you've met some opposition about these thing before and most people have never really spoken to someone who thinks the same about things as you do, so you should be extra patient and convincing to deal with that.

By saying this I probably get both factions on me, I hope not, but we should all remember that we should all try to remain reasonable at all cost!

Boris, Anytime you present ideas or information that goes against the mainstream or the norm (however true it maybe) will get you all kinds of responses. The best thing you can do is to deal with it and just not let it get to you.

And secondly, if I maybe as bold to point out that you may benefit from some of the same 'advice' you are giving in your long post here. You call people evil, ignorant or stupid. Its not going to go well with people. I believe my first direct encounter with you was when you posted something about my parents being 'stupid' for having circumcized me. You can use your own logic in this thread and figure it out. I am only pointing this out because sometimes its very easy to see what others are doing to you but you dont think about what you are doing yourself.

Anyways, I kinda like your posts. I may not agree with most things but it makes for a cool discussion.

Just like in star trek, people would not agree with the Ferengi way of life (for instance keeping their women naked) but they are quite interesting and people stil get along with them just fine--

hmm.. come to think of it, it may not be a bad idea to ban clothes for women! ;) j/k.

C'mon guys, at least his intend is good!

Sorry buddy, I completely disagree. His intention, in my eyes, was to continue to belittle people here, while at the same time trying to soak up even more attention.

Besides, all thru the above post and in others from the past few days from him, he sees us here as a bunch of ignorant low life worms, that need his "teachings," and from what I gather, he considers most of us just a bunch of scumbags and lowly swine (that border-line on being evil may I add).

Obladi oblada life goes on bra

Lala how the life goes on

C'mon guys, at least his intend is good!

Sorry buddy, I completely disagree. His intention, in my eyes, was to continue to belittle people here, while at the same time trying to soak up even more attention.

Besides, all thru the above post and in others from the past few days from him, he sees us here as a bunch of ignorant low life worms, that need his "teachings," and from what I gather, he considers most of us just a bunch of scumbags and lowly swine (that border-line on being evil may I add).

Obladi oblada life goes on bra

Lala how the life goes on

Well, I haven't really been paying such close attention to BorisP's posts, but I sure do hope you're wrong about his intent. If not, my post above was utter bullsh|t. :)

Here, maybe this will help;

As for "Believing I am right and everyone else is wrong".....It is true. You want me to lie? The people that I treat as if they do not think good should only be the ones that told me I was stupid or whatever. Sometimes I believe in giving back what a person gave to me so they can see how it feels.

http://tracker.thompson-web.org/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=3197&min=15&num=15

And so on and so forth....

Jeesh, just look at the title of this thread:

I give you a break. Maybe you all are ignorant.

If that isn't a hostile entity/thing person saying it, I'm not sure what is. It surely is not a nice thing to say to ALL people here, across the board like that, and NOT directed at anyone in particular. That is something you would say to people you hate, or the type of speech one would use towards one's enemies.... or maybe those you feel have "hurt" you.... (thus the Cheese and the Whine above).

And I'm totally fed up seeing his whining, and wanting for attention, since he sees himself as some "great teacher" of humanity.

Blah.

You teach by example, not by force, and ridicle and belittlement.

I do believe by now, most here are getting a bit sick of the BS. It is surely not attracting any new "customers"....

I said the other day I was angry. Then something happened that made me think I could be wrong. I think people purposefully cause me trouble here. I am open to the possibility that people are simply ignorant. Allow me to explain.

Ignorant vs. evil ... what a choice. I leave you to your own judgments about me. I don't willingly choose either of your options. But you don't seem to be considering any other possibilities.

:(

To each their own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but you just have to stop..... Why do you try to convince us, you can state an opinion, but you can't say that everybody who doesn't believe you is ignorant. Most of us are educated people, we know the facts, but we are also open to new ideas. But please don't try to convince us if we don't agree. And try to think that maybe someone else could be right.

We do (at least i do) respect your ideas, but do not agree with them and will never agree with them. So state them as an opinion and not as an fact. And don't insult anybody who doesn't agree and uses valid arguments against your ideas.

Let's hope this doesn't end in an poll to vote borisp out....

borisp, with all due respect. i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve on this message board.

you come up with some very accurate observations at times but the vast majority of your postings seem to be your opinion and you vehemently deny in some cases the possibility that anyone else has something of value to add to the discussion.

i enjoy seeing individuals in the world, even the ones i dont get on with and will never be my friends but at no point would i ever be tempted to disrespect them based on their experience in the world. i dont know what yours is but it seems you are in need of understanding. the ideas you present to us do not always seem to be up for discussion. they do seem to be an avenue for you to express yourself. however you may have noted some dis-satisfaction among posters in here who do not share your views. but it seems that it is difficult for you to accept that.

it also seems that you are unable todiscuss ideas with other membersof the board, simply state your opinion and then get upset about their reaction. you, it seems have no patience and understanding. the very thing you demand from others.

i do not wish to be in conflict with you, but ask yourself whether this discussion group is the community you wish to be in.

perhaps another group with a more philosophical basis would meet your needs.

ask yourself borisp what you want from here and if you arrive at the conclusion that you cant get it then perhaps you might want to try other communities.

good luck whatever you do, but if you continue to post here i hope you treat people better because although people are tolerant and accepting you may end up alienating yourself.

borisp' date=' with all due respect. [/quote']

Mav,

That's very noble, and very nice, but at this point in time....

I, have LOST all my due respect. At this juncture, I'm sick to death of being nice, and trying to defend him... "to give him a break" etc....

After myself having lurked here and there in a few threads, and commenting here and there in a few threads, seeing this one right after I got home from work today, was a breaking point for me.

Jeesh, we are all a bunch of ignorant morons here who need your teaching(s).... oh, okay.... Boris

Start your cult somewhere else.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttt......

I'm going back to kindergarten now... and Boris is my Teacher. Oh brother.

P.S.

Boris,

You see my Avatar? What does that mean to YOU? Why would someone like me, an ignorant person, choose to use "SHIVA" as my Avatar in a Sci-Fi forum???? And for that matter, when did Sci-Fi ever mean Science fact?

I hope the above comments gave you the attention you needed, or, the energy from us that you probabaly will soon suck into your "belly" that you needed. My SHEILDS are up tho...

I'm begining to see you (Boris) as a parasite, and parasites suck life force/energy from others, not give it. If I see it that way after all this time now, and after all the hope I have personally given towards you, then maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself and your actions, or at least how you seem to want to project yourself in public, or be perveived here. If I see it that way, then there is a good chance that others see it in a similar way, tho in different words, known to them. And, I bet, most others are FAR less tolerent then I am....

No wait, now you'll wait a day or three, and start a new thread, and cut us all down from here in there, okay, I get it now.

I'm just an ignorant moron, ignore what I typed above, please. It didn't mean a thing,

Elderbear.... do you have my meds on hand? I think I need them, now....

Thorazine would help me right about now... oh yea, and don't forget my dose of Melaril and PhenoBarbital.... that is after I take my Prozac....

Guest c4evap

A four letter word that should be included in any statement...

imho.jpg

... in my humble opinion that is...

c4 ;)

Ignorant Fools - The Trickster Wisdom of BorisP

I think I've actually learned something out of all this. Just opened a new topic.

And I'm done banging my "ignorant" and/or "evil" head against the wall.

Thanks everybody for abiding by the posting rules!

And BorisP, I thank you for what I learned, even though I don't think it was what you meant to teach. Doesn't matter. When the student is willing, the teacher will appear.

I think people purposefully cause me trouble here. I am open to the possibility that people are simply ignorant.

and

Here is the other disinformation principle.

"5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule.

I have not read any of your other threads, so I can't comment on them. However, one word of advice if you care to listen: you do yourself a disfavor when you do the very thing you accuse others of doing.

A four letter word that should be included in any statement...

imho.jpg

... in my humble opinion that is...

c4 ;)

Absolutely! The Humble part isn't always necessery, of course, but the general idea is as non-aggressive, and open minded as one can get.

I personally don't like cats. I'm alergic as hell to them, and I've been sent to the hospital over them 2 times (so far). Growing up, my parents always had a few dogs around the house as pets, becuase cats and I just didn't jive well together. Now as an adult, I have my own dog, and I just can't imagine NOT having a dog around. The reverse is same for cats. I couldn;t imagine myself ever having a cat (if I wasnt alergic).

With that back story in place, what makes me sound more reasonable, and witch makes me sound as if I'm I'm launching the nukes?

I like dogs better then cats, becuase cats make me all itchy / unplesant. Personal preference thing really

or

Many scientests have agreed that a certian molicule in cat dander willingly attacks, and disrupts bodily functions in people that have a genetic flaw in their bodies that cannot defend against. This flaw has been directelly linked to their masturbation habits, sexual preferences, dominate hand for drawing, shoe size, and wether or not they liked Deep Space Nine better then Babylon 5.

Below is an image that I've marked of a person that is alergic to cats, so you can see their inferiorities. You can train yourself to spot the diseased if you train yourself properly.

Figure 1) A Frank Zappa concert poster, that has Alice Cooper Opening for him. Clearly only people alergic to cats enjoy those bands.

Figure 2) An Iron Man Trade Paper Back. People that are allergic to cats read Iron Man, becuase they secretelly wish that they had a suit like Tony Stark to filter out the cat dander.

Figure 3) Shadow of a black trench coat in the closet. Long, black, covering the body, and blending into the night so they can hide their filthy shame. What ELSE is hiding "in the closet" S0V13T? Johnny Smith, from The Dead Zone is also a known homosexual, and is also known to be alergic to cats, and he also wears a black trench coat. Coincidence?

Figure 4) Facial / body / long hair. The this inferior breed of subhumans typically grow their hair long, and expose body hair, becuase they secretelly wish that they can inflict Cats that are alergic to humans with their own, weaker breed, of human dander. The fact that this specimin was born in Northern Russia, about a 20 miniute trip from the fabled Siberian Salt Mine Goulats and his ancestors probabally needed more hair to stay warm is clearly not a factor in this assessment.

Guest c4evap

You really had me going there for a moment S0V13T. I read the part about Frank Zappa and Alice Cooper and (being a cat fancier and not being alergic) I was about to post a reply (before reading the rest of your post). And the pic...OMG! I am gonna laugh till I fall asleep!!!

:p :p :p

c4 :D