Your favorite empire

bbbb

I must say I am impressed with the knowledge of history shown on this forum. I'm sure the ottoman empire was not well known since it only lasted 300 years and was long the sick man of Europe.

The Byzantine Empire it conquered had lasted for 1000 years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I am impressed with the knowledge of history shown on this forum. I'm sure the ottoman empire was not well known since it only lasted 300 years and was long the sick man of Europe.

The Byzantine Empire it conquered had lasted for 1000 years.

The strugle between Byzantine (East Roman Empire) Empire and Bulgarian Empire is the reason to fall both . Almost 600 yeas of conflicts. Think about this ;)

I choose the chinese empire as it was far more developed in almost all aspects of life. Politics, administration , finance , medicine .

Next would be arabians with astrology and navigation tools.

THE BRITISH EMPIRE.

The largest Empire of all time that presided over 200 years of unprecedented global growth and stability.

Give US time - we ain't done yet!

captainamerica_215.gif

c4 :p

The American "Empire" is already in terminal decline, Niall Ferguson's "American Colossus" isn't really his best work but it makes the relevant points with sufficient strength.

All things being equal, China and India are going to be running the world before the century is out. Hell, maybe even before 2050.

But you know, it's the thought that counts and you did pretty well with the Cold War, having humanity worried for the better part of fifty years that the apocalypse was just a crazy button press away - don't feel too badly though :p