Your favorite empire

bbbb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really tough and cruel question. I'd automatically choose chinese coz thats what I am and thats what I always choose in Civilisation games. Thats just not fair. Like StitchInTime said, all empires have their pros and cons. I'd say the only Empire worth mentioning is the one that'll unite all of earth. However the only way thats gonna happen is if Bill Gates bought over the whole world, or WW3. War is how empires are formed. Take our history and Star Wars as a prime example. Its sad isn't it?

=Han=

This is a really tough and cruel question. Its sad isn't it?

=Han=

Got serious quick....

I have no favorite, but the Germans have interested me more than others. I have some German in my family, but I don't know how much is mixed with English, Indian and who knows what else.

I am pleased to see that some of you have interest on the subject. I did not put any of our favorite sci-fi empires in because I felt that focusing on historical empires would be a change from the sci-fi and philosophical topics that permeate this site. Due to demand I will create a new poll on the imaginary empires, feds, klingons, etc.

the Roman empire gave us technological advances at the time and was certainly the most intriguing . you left out two modern day empires ... the US empire and the Russian empire .

these two empires have shaped the world as it is today

The Dutch Empire!!!!!!

He where's the great Dutch empire :)

Before the British the Dutch were the world's dominant trade nation..... why does everybody forget we weren't always an useless tiny country.....

The second anglo-dutch war:

In June 1667 when a flotilla of ships led by Admiral de Ruyter broke through the defensive chains guarding the Medway and wrought havoc on the English ships, ended the war with a Dutch victory. For a few years the greatly expanded Dutch navy was now the world's strongest. The Republic was then at the zenith of its power.

Allthought after the fourth anglo-dutch wars we were history......

Long live the united provinces/batavian republic. :cyclops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_colonial_empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Dutch_Wars

Where is the Ottoman Empire? I'll surely vote for that. Janiseries marching across Europe. Nah those days are gone now. But new empires starts as the old ones dissapear. Like U.S empire, corporate empires etc..

The British Empire, of course!

Think of honour, Queen and country,

You're a blessed son of the British Empire,

God's on our side and so is Washington.

Come out on the hills with the little boy soldiers.

Come on outside - I'll sing you a lullaby,

Or tell a tale of how goodness prevailed.

We ruled the world - we killed and robbed,

The fucking lot - but we don't feel bad.

It was done beneath the flag of democracy,

You'll believe and I do - yes I do - yes I do -

yes I do -

- The Jam, 'Little Boy Soldiers'

The Swedish "Empire" was pretty large and strong (ruled northen parts of Europe) a long time ago, until Carl the XII fucked it all up :D which in the end was good I suppose

probably only a notch in history but could have been relevant - just felt like adding it.