Star Trek XI (possible spoilers)

xyon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

Now, didn't WW3 happen in the 2060's in the Star Trek timeline? :p Thats what gets me.

From the article:

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

Now, didn't WW3 happen in the 2060's in the Star Trek timeline? :p Thats what gets me.

I'm pretty sure WW3 ended in the early 2060's, but I don't know when it started.

The Eugenics Wars were going on in the 1990's, maybe its that?

I think that the best move for a trek universe movie would to 'document' the massacer at Wolf 395 (or whatever it was called. When Picard was borg, Sisko lost his wife, etc) Seems as if that event is refrenced a whole lot, but we only get a small taste of it during the pilot for DS9.

make a whole movie about it!

a Movie 5 years from now, i think this realy suck. Star trek is suposed to make people dream about the future, we can easely imagine what the future will look like in 5 years......whats about 500 this is interresting, dont you think. what i would like to see in a next trek movie. a new enemy so powerfull, that starfleet will have to build a real warship. and i think Picard and his crew have given enough, i want see a crew whit some DS9 and Voyager caracter.....i miss 7of9 :p

So just what caused ww3 in the star trek universe (remember this isnt reality just some guys idea about a good story not real stuff get it) was it perhaps an alien race perhaps tryin to kill us all off b4 we perfected space travel ie warp or hyperdrive/lightspeed whatever you wanna call it its just fantasy get it trek isnt real (for all you trekies who disagree an say its all tru) who cares weather it fits into a storyline or not as long as its good and entertains us as a movie that ISNT REAL get it it ISNT REAL NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU SAY IT IS

So just what caused ww3 in the star trek universe (remember this isnt reality just some guys idea about a good story not real stuff get it) was it perhaps an alien race perhaps tryin to kill us all off b4 we perfected space travel ie warp or hyperdrive/lightspeed whatever you wanna call it its just fantasy get it trek isnt real (for all you trekies who disagree an say its all tru) who cares weather it fits into a storyline or not as long as its good and entertains us as a movie that ISNT REAL get it it ISNT REAL NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU SAY IT IS

My god. You really need to use punctuation(other than these). We understand it isn't real. Continuity is important in a story though. I for one would hate it in Episode three of Star Wars had Anakin become the hero of the Old Republic, and killed the Emperor. Or if they decided to kill off someone at the beginning of a movie and then half way through it the person is back with no explanation.

"Damn, I wish Timothy hadn't killed Jim. We sure could use him right now."

(Jim) "I'm right here guys! Let me take care of [this situation] for you."

"Yay."

"Damn, I wish Timothy hadn't killed Jim. We sure could use him right now."

(Jim) "I'm right here guys! Let me take care of [this situation] for you."

"Yay."

lmfao

Thats why I didnt really like ENT, it was just to un-cannon for me.

I would like to see a newer movie with the soverign class actually having more than 5 quantum torpedoes ffs. (The were depleted in like 5 mins, they are supposed to carry 250...sigh...)

Nemesis was a joke in that regard, and again with "what happened to all the upgrades from voyager?"

I would like the federation actually kick ass for a change, maybe build a new hybrid, valiant/promethius class with intrepid updates.

Well guys, i have to say, it was pretty interesting to view the "future" in the ST:TNG. All those different episodes showing what the future was like, even in Voyager. I would like to see what happens to the crew's and what new empires rise or fall. :cyclops:

If it is going to be set only 5 years from now, I doubt that it will be set on earth. I'm suprised no-one has thought of this yet; what if it was set on the earlier days of another civilization? Perhaps exploring a "contemporary" vulcan?

The article says

2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive

That pretty much means its on Earth.

Also, another civilisation would suck.

I'd like one final TNG film were we find out what happens to B4, but it'll never happen.

The Romulan Wars was an interesting idea but I'd rather see something set in the future or around the time of TNG - not a prequel (and yes, i realise that its all in the future, but you know what i mean)