Why pick on Janeway?

Guest c4evap

Guest c4evap
WHAT-ever! You women should be asking your husbands what your opinion should be about Janeway' date=' in between taking care of the children and getting your man a sandwich / beer. Blah blah blah, you should be happy with the right to vote and drive, and leave it at that.[/quote']

I [heavy sigh] don't have a husband. My daughter is grown and on her own. I don't vote [what's the point] and most people wish I didn't drive [don't know why].

On the lighter side...

S0V13T...want a sammich and a brewski?

c4 ;)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought Voyager should have been darker, it all seemed too light-hearted for the unfortunate situation they were in. Janeway was a good captain, but not my fave of the franchise. Most of the characters were wooden at the start of each series, look at Sisko!

Although I'm disappointed that so many people hated Enterprise, I thought it was a really good series that should have gone on longer.

I'd probably rate my fave captain order as Picard, Kirk (just 'cos), Archer, Sisko Janeway. Sisko was better in the later eps (I still havn't seen season 7, dunno if the Beeb showed it) but I prefered some of the situations Archer got into.

5..is basically the same character at the end of the series as in episode 1. (i.e. virtually no character development , no progession , no growth)

Well, you completely missed something. Remember, as the Series started, Janeway ran everything by the book. Chakotay constantly had to press her to do anything outside regulations.

In "Equinox" she's willing to torture, or threaten with torture, StarFleet crewmen (Noah Lessing) in order to get what she wants, and Chakotay has to fight her on it.

Janeway is a touchpaper for conflict. People hate her or love her more than any other Captain. I love her. And most of it is pure taste. Geez, people hated her before the premiere because they didn't want female Captain. Phillistines...

5..is basically the same character at the end of the series as in episode 1. (i.e. virtually no character development , no progession , no growth)

Well, you completely missed something. Remember, as the Series started, Janeway ran everything by the book. Chakotay constantly had to press her to do anything outside regulations.

In "Equinox" she's willing to torture, or threaten with torture, StarFleet crewmen (Noah Lessing) in order to get what she wants, and Chakotay has to fight her on it.

Janeway is a touchpaper for conflict. People hate her or love her more than any other Captain. I love her. And most of it is pure taste. Geez, people hated her before the premiere because they didn't want female Captain. Phillistines...

The reason she was so angry in Equinox was that Captain Randsom and crew abandoned the prime directive just to get home quicker and this made her mad - i don't think she would have let Noah Lessing actually die just to get information.

^^^ = load of crap - now that is sexist by saying it should be captained by a real man and by saying she should do Womanly duties - take a look back a page and see the responses thevenq got for that kind comments. + she did actually get her crew home through exceptional odds

See Posting Rules

WHAT-ever! You women should be asking your husbands what your opinion should be about Janeway' date=' in between taking care of the children and getting your man a sandwich / beer. Blah blah blah, you should be happy with the right to vote and drive, and leave it at that.[/quote']

I [heavy sigh] don't have a husband. My daughter is grown and on her own. I don't vote [what's the point] and most people wish I didn't drive [don't know why].

On the lighter side...

S0V13T...want a sammich and a brewski?

c4 ;)

c4, I make it a point to never, ever drink alone. Gotta have company and conversation when ya drink (thats why I post here so often after the bars close, haha)! And as far as sammiches go, last I checked I was still on my way to getting my Red Seal (Chef's papers) so the only person making the sammiches while I'm around is usually me.

I don't vote either. Same reason, what's the point? One way or the other some other friggin' frenchman will get to rule Canada.

MODERATOR EDIT

The post quoted has been moved to Rura Penthe as an example of a post that will get a user banned with no further warning in the future. I should have done this originally instead of leaving it in place and editing it.

Janeway as a captain is the most ridiculus thing Ive ever seen. She carrys on and on about her "responobilities", but it come down to this.

JANEWAY=Cum Dump in an outragous outfit.

Im tired of listening to her wine, A real ship should be captaained by a REAL MAN- as far as cooking in the messhall, washing dishs, and other womanly duties-- Fine she can do that-- but thats IT!!!!!!!

That's by far the most fraked up thing I've read all day. As a culenery professional, and as a male, I can't help but to take a bit of offence to the idea of the kitchen being a womans place. Not a whole lot, mind you, just a bit. Slightly more offence then hearing a black guy say that white guys can't dance.

Guest c4evap
Janeway as a captain is the most ridiculus thing Ive ever seen. She carrys on and on about her "responobilities", but it come down to this.

Im tired of listening to her wine, A real ship should be captaained by a REAL MAN- as far as cooking in the messhall, washing dishs, and other womanly duties-- Fine she can do that-- but thats IT!!!!!!!

Very nice for your first post...[heavy sarcasm involved here]...

Thanks for your "opinion".

I have one question...

Did you type that with your 2" penis or what?

shameonyou.jpg

To all of you guys that came down on this poster for his idiotic remarks...You are the real men here! A real man is not afraid of a strong woman. You guys are sooooooooo cool!

c4 B)

Guest c4evap

The reason she was so angry in Equinox was that Captain Randsom and crew abandoned the prime directive just to get home quicker and this made her mad - i don't think she would have let Noah Lessing actually die just to get information.

It's not the fact that Captain Ransom (corrected spelling) and crew abandoned the prime directive that so enraged Janeway. There are many ways to violate the prime directive (just ask Janeway). Captain Ransom ordered the killing of another species to make "fuel" that would help their ship achieve greater speeds. It was the "killing" that pissed her off like a mofo (IMHO).

c4 B)

Guest c4evap
c4, I make it a point to never, ever drink alone. Gotta have company and conversation when ya drink (thats why I post here so often after the bars close, haha)! And as far as sammiches go, last I checked I was still on my way to getting my Red Seal (Chef's papers) so the only person making the sammiches while I'm around is usually me.

I don't vote either. Same reason, what's the point? One way or the other some other friggin' frenchman will get to rule Canada.

Sounds like you're flying solo like I am. Sorry to hear that!

c4 B)

Nicely said, you just earned yourself a PM buddy. (note the sarcasm)

People... behave - has that sense of common sense and respect gone out the window since I took a break or what? Does most of you consider yourself adults or near-adults?

Or am I mistaken and you're only adults "physically" ?

What were those commonly accepted rules again about trolling and flaming..?

Didn't we recently go through these?

Listen to Fenriswolf, do yourselves a favour and stop embarassing yourselves, be who you are, don't be who you are not even tempting as it may be..

I'm going to add my own opinion to this thread:

I concur with Madmartha, I didn't like Janeway, I even wanted to try, but I'd rather say that in the rank of captains my list would be:

1)Picard

2)Sisko

3)Archer

4)Kirk

5)Janeway

and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman. I respect women, a great deal.

Personally I think DS9 and Enterprise were the best, and also the only 2 shows who dared experimenting a little more, packed with character development.

/A

Guest c4evap
People... behave - has that sense of common sense and respect gone out the window since I took a break or what? Does most of you consider yourself adults or near-adults?

Or am I mistaken and you're only adults "physically" ?

What were those commonly accepted rules again about trolling and flaming..?

Didn't we recently go through these?

Listen to Fenriswolf, do yourselves a favour and stop embarassing yourselves, be who you are, don't be who you are not even tempting as it may be..

I don't know what's going on here lately Soulreaper. Seems we are getting an influx of new crewmen equipped with motormouths. They seem bent on starting fights. I thought a current group member had to recommend someone before they could join. Wasn't/isn't this the case???

c4 :thinking:

I don't know what's going on here lately Soulreaper. Seems we are getting an influx of new crewmen equipped with motormouths. They seem bent on starting fights. I thought a current group member had to recommend someone before they could join. Wasn't/isn't this the case???

c4 :thinking:

Don't worry c4, just let me know if something's way out of whack and I'll be around to whack things back in.

Dang! It was getting kinda confrontational in here. Come on, people. We're all Trekkies here, and that makes us geeks. Let's not be sexist geeks. Don't we get enough grief as it is? Can't we just get along? We should band together. The world's geeks unite! Geek pppppooooowwwweeeerrrrr! :D

As for the main topic, I do find Janeway's character a little "wooden". But then, I'm only in season 1 right now, and we should allow time for development. I remember how ridiculous Sisko was in the first few seasons. :)

P.S. Just kidding about the "geek" comment. ;)

Well.....I know i'm not a geek - I know nothing.....I don't actually know why watching Star Trek would make you a geek......some of the really amazing fans that have seen every single episode a hundred times and dress up as a Klingon in public are a bit weird though......funny too!!!

Guest c4evap
Dang! It was getting kinda confrontational in here. Come on' date=' people. We're all Trekkies here, and that makes us geeks. Let's not be sexist geeks. Don't we get enough grief as it is? Can't we just get along? We should band together. The world's geeks unite! Geek pppppooooowwwweeeerrrrr! :D[/quote']

Good idea. I've decided to go further. Here's a pic of my bro in my "WayBack" Machine ©. He's going back in time to "preempt" these confrontational posters!

vs-image-geek-full-001.jpg

As for the main topic, I do find Janeway's character a little "wooden". But then, I'm only in season 1 right now, and we should allow time for development. I remember how ridiculous Sisko was in the first few seasons. :)

P.S. Just kidding about the "geek" comment. ;)

Yes. You have six more seasons to go through. Enjoy!

c4 B)