Why pick on Janeway?

Guest c4evap

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[
Garett - yeah, she lasted a long time huh?

Ivanova - soviet answer to femininity!

Weir - where?

Roslin - she's dying, she's a lame duck.

Carter - OK. I'll give ya this one. She IS good!

...*mod-edit*Your attitude is disgusting (replacement suggestion: offending).

troy

You have some nerve connecting me with *mod-edit*. I am entitled to my opinion just like you are..

You're entitled to your opinion, true. But I am *also* entitled to call your opinion sexist. Which I did.

*mod-edit: Only if you give a very good reason for calling her opinion that! Some people do get offended if you call them or their opinions sexist. It is not allowed to offend people in a hurtfull manner (or any other matter)!*

If you can't handle people calling your comments "sexist", then maybe you should stop spouting sexist nonsense?

troy

Guest c4evap

Weir - where?

troy

You have some nerve connecting me with *mod-edit*. I am entitled to my opinion just like you are..

You're entitled to your opinion, true. But I am *also* entitled to call your opinion sexist. Which I did.

*mod-edit: Only if you give a very good reason for calling her opinion that! Some people do get offended if you call them or their opinions sexist. It is not allowed to offend people in a hurtfull manner (or any other matter)!*

If you can't handle people calling your comments "sexist", then maybe you should stop spouting sexist nonsense?

troy

*mod-edit*

Nowhere did you use the word sexist. If you had I would prolly not have said anything *mod-edit*...

And speaking of sexist...

Where do you see ANY sexist comments??? If I was a male than maybe (maybe) you might be able to call me that. I am a woman you *mod-edit*. See the female symbol at the bottom of my posts??? DUH! That means I'm female. You know...the opposite of male. The other gender. Need more clues?

c4 :thinking: ~ me thinks this person is BorisP in disguise!!!

Guest c4evap

Hey! Soviet women are the pinnicle of feminity! Your just jealous becuase you dont have that amount of body hair, and a tail.

// We all have tails. //

Sorry S0V13T. Didn't mean to offend. Actually I find Soviet woman very sexy (in a kind of Sci-Fi way) ;)

Personally.. I think Janeway's just a bitch. That's all the reason I need to pick on her.

Interesting choice of words.

c4 B)

Enterprise was an atroscity.... It was so uncannon and "just not ST".

1st: Picard... all hail Locutus.. easily the best.

2nd: Sisko... Good actor and I liked the quirky eps in DS9.

3rd: Janeway... Ok acting imo, Voyager as a series was probably the best as far as entertainment went.

4th: Kirk... funny guy, but im to young to really like 60s SciFi

5th: Arch... dosnt even deserve to have a full name, should go back to quantum leap ffs...

I liked Janeway when Voyager started. Then, she just got boring, quite boring. Actually, the same thing happened to Archer. Bad scripts, I think...

I like Kate Mulgrew and Scott Bakula though. :)

Janeway was great when the series first started then her role became a little to uptight and I dreded every week I had to see her. My favorite episode of her was the voyager finale, I felt it did her some justice.

Guest c4evap
Use the CForce....

Uh, Ah,..Let 'em have it!!

C4, you should be getting a cape to go with those pips. Voyager had a better run than Archer got... what can you do?

Do I get a cape? I want a cape! :p

Hey Suiciderain - nice avatar!

an22dx.gif

c4 B)

Weir - where?

BTW, I forgot about Captain Kira... another excellent commander.

troy

Ok. troy, first and last warning: You're treading a thin/fine line here...watch it with the personal attacks, if you make another one you're going to find that this wolf has sharper teeth and claws than /anyone/ you think you know.

1..because she's crap in the role as an actress.(someone should tell her facial expressions are an integral part of an actors job - coz she's missed that class at actor school for sure)

2..makes self righteous speeches all the time as if she's morally superior to everyone else (i.e bad scripts)

3..has a virtually 2 dimensional character (yes some stuff got added in later series but for the first 2 she was nothing)

4..the character has virtually no concept of humour , or "human failings" or any other "defects" - that would make her interesting to the viewer - Instead she's just a groomed Federation Mouthpiece and nothing more.

5..is basically the same character at the end of the series as in episode 1. (i.e. virtually no character development , no progession , no growth)

NOW , yes , you may well find a few examples in odd episodes that go against those sweeping statements I just made - but I made them bearing in mind the whole Voyager set of series and are indeed generalisations.

..and yes , I do personally believe that Voyager is by far the worst ever Trek production ever made and is a blot on the otherwise excellent Trek legacy. (TNG & DS9 were great for example)

..and yes I cannot personally stand that stuck up b*tch's "holier than thou" attitude.

You can think she's "wonderful" if you want - that's up to you - but you asked for an *opinion* - so you got one.

:D

MM

First,& now you listen: most of us probably DON'T like your opinion so DON'T bother giving a new one. Second,i won't say Janeway is i dunno what,but however Voyager as a series is the BEST in the whole ST "legacy"(BTW,what's with that word? LEGACY?What freakin' legacy? Come on,get a life,for f*** sake!)Only TNG is better. To conclude this idiotic post of mine,DON'T,& i repeate,DON'T go trashin' Voyager. It's not nice. B)

Personally I liked Janeway from the start. We need more female characters with such strength, nobility and compassion for little girls to admire, rather than the gutter skanks you see on every other TV show. My only real problem with Janeway was the fact that she wasn't stern enough with her shipmates. Whenever anyone messed up or occassionally flatout disobeyed her, she wouldn't punish them justly. Can you imagine Kirk or Piccard putting up with the BS some of the Voyager crew got away with, especially that borderline traitor Chakotay? Not a chance. I think the there is a deeper issue here I'll expose through a parallel comparison: Consider the Janeway character and Agent Scully. They were both dignified, honorable, logical, caring women. And both could be considered bitchy by the current, disstorted views on womanhood. Yet, pretty much everyone loves Scully and dislikes Janeway. I think it's due in part to the fact that Scully while strong and vital, was always subordinate to Muldar. They are given equal billing, but the show was about his quests taking dominance. Even though they rarely admit it, or know it themselves, men have difficulty accepting a female having the power of control. Not me. I like a woman who can slap me around when necessary.

Another example : CJ Craig in the West Wing. A powerful woman in the White House. She even bosses around the president! Good stuff.

Some people here said I'm "anti-woman", but that's not true in any way, shape, or form. I just don't like the Voyager or Enterprise.

And, I owe C4 an apology.

Sorry C4!

When I read your comments about Ivanova/Roslin/Weir, I thought you were bashing women. To me, those are all strong leaders. Sorry for mis-interpreting.

troy

Guest c4evap
And in general' date=' c4, don't rise to the bait...[/quote']

It doesn't help when I tell myself the very same thing! I know I shouldn't react...and usually I don't...but to be linked with the KKK was, for me, a real slap in my face and I just couldn't resist. I really don't have much of a temper...but when it gets up and gets going...well...

And, I owe C4 an apology.

Sorry C4!

When I read your comments about Ivanova/Roslin/Weir, I thought you were bashing women. To me, those are all strong leaders. Sorry for mis-interpreting.

troy

Apology accepted. But I'm still trying to puzzle out just how you connected "sexist remarks" and the "KKK". That one has me stumpted!

c4 B)

Guest c4evap
1..because she's crap in the role as an actress.(someone should tell her facial expressions are an integral part of an actors job - coz she's missed that class at actor school for sure)

2..makes self righteous speeches all the time as if she's morally superior to everyone else (i.e bad scripts)

3..has a virtually 2 dimensional character (yes some stuff got added in later series but for the first 2 she was nothing)

4..the character has virtually no concept of humour , or "human failings" or any other "defects" - that would make her interesting to the viewer - Instead she's just a groomed Federation Mouthpiece and nothing more.

5..is basically the same character at the end of the series as in episode 1. (i.e. virtually no character development , no progession , no growth)

NOW , yes , you may well find a few examples in odd episodes that go against those sweeping statements I just made - but I made them bearing in mind the whole Voyager set of series and are indeed generalisations.

..and yes , I do personally believe that Voyager is by far the worst ever Trek production ever made and is a blot on the otherwise excellent Trek legacy. (TNG & DS9 were great for example)

..and yes I cannot personally stand that stuck up b*tch's "holier than thou" attitude.

You can think she's "wonderful" if you want - that's up to you - but you asked for an *opinion* - so you got one.

:D

MM

First,& now you listen: most of us probably DON'T like your opinion so DON'T bother giving a new one. Second,i won't say Janeway is i dunno what,but however Voyager as a series is the BEST in the whole ST "legacy"(BTW,what's with that word? LEGACY?What freakin' legacy? Come on,get a life,for f*** sake!)Only TNG is better. To conclude this idiotic post of mine,DON'T,& i repeate,DON'T go trashin' Voyager. It's not nice. B)

YO! RECRUIT! LIGHTEN UP! Her opinion is valued here as is everyones.

c4 B)

WHAT-ever! You women should be asking your husbands what your opinion should be about Janeway, in between taking care of the children and getting your man a sandwich / beer. Blah blah blah, you should be happy with the right to vote and drive, and leave it at that.

// takes of KKK mask //

Oh dear. I'm terriblly sorry about that. As I was saying, sure in the first 2 seasons Janeway was a little wooden. Everyone was, it's called 'finding your charecter'. I felt that Janeway did her job as Captian well. Just becuase she's a woman, dosen't mean that she should be on a different rating system against Piicard or Sisko.

Picard was in a hopeless situation many times over, where he had to make tough calls. Sisko was in the Dominion war, where every day he made life or death situations for the entire human race, and the federation. They both had to be hard asses to their crew in some respect every episode. JANEWAY was trapped 70,000 light years from home, brave through hostile species after hostile species, the Borg, the Herogin, etc.

And it seems as if the general concensus here is that it's cool for Picard and Sisko to be stern,serious, and detached to their crew, but as soon as a female captian does the same thing, she's a bitch for not mothering her children.

THAT is called the double standard, and the point of Star Trek has always been to prove that a Russian and an American can get along and work together, that a betazoid and a Klingon can get funk-ay, that a Blind man can see better then anyone else, that a *hush* Negro */hush* can do a bang up job commanding a space station and planning a defencive war, and that a woman can be the Captian of a star ship and keep her promises.

THAT is the spirit of Trek as I understand it.