Star Wars Battlefront I and II

bbbb

What do you think of the two battlefronts? True the sequel isn't out yet but I'm sure it'll follow the same lines as SW:Battlefront I. What were the battles like? Did the game immerse you to the Star Wars movies or just dissapoint like the mods for Jedi Academy? Did the game play well or sluggish like Jedi Academy? Was the older Battlefront a good game or a bad one?

I dont know what sort of setup you're running, but Jedi Academy ran pretty great on my system with a 3 year old video card (Geforce 4 Ti 4200) as did Battlefront. I enjoyed Battlefront a great deal, though again, compared to Battlefield Vietnam and such, it's missing a little something. I expect Battlefront 2 will improve upon the original vastly, particularly since it includes space-based combat as well.

I enjoyed Battlefront, and still play it occassionally. Some of the levels do put you into its universe quite well, like the battle of Hoth, tripping the walkers, defending the Naboo capitol of Theed against the droid army, fighting on Endor with the little ewoks running around :p It was really fun mainly if you're a SW fan as the gameplay isn't quite as good as Battlefield like the others said, but it's still worth a play ;)

Regarding Jedi Academy: I think there's a schizm between the two games' playability. Battlefront is better offline, while Jedi Academy is great online.

I think battlefront 2 will be better, space fights, playing in the death star, more objectives, and better graphics. And if done right, then the jedi could be fun. Although id also like to see what they put on battlefront for the PSP :)

Since I had a Q&A with LucasArts' date=' I am pretty much convinced that Bfront II will blow BF I out of the water :)[/quote']

Well of course they are going to hype up there own game, not to mention that BF2 did score very high in PC gamer and other games magazines.

In II' date=' thankfully, the space battles will be much larger and the control of the various vehciles from prototype X-Wings through to the proper things, will be much smoother and better.[/quote']

Hope they make it more like X_wing vs Tie Fighter....now that would get my intrest going ..what let Bfront 1 down was the pc version felt like it was just a ported console game.

In II' date=' thankfully, the space battles will be much larger and the control of the various vehciles from prototype X-Wings through to the proper things, will be much smoother and better.[/quote']

Hope they make it more like X_wing vs Tie Fighter....now that would get my intrest going ..what let Bfront 1 down was the pc version felt like it was just a ported console game.

The PC version was a straight port from XBOX to PC sadly. BFront II has been re-thought and the space battles look a lot more fun, they certainly remind me of the glory days of Xwing Vs Tie Fighter from the look of the vids that are going around.

What I want to see are more teamwork options in a game like this, working with other players either bot or human is paramount to the kind of gameplay you need. I know there are supposed to be transport type ships, where you can invade an enemy capship and so on.

The PC version was a straight port from XBOX to PC sadly. BFront II has been re-thought and the space battles look a lot more fun, they certainly remind me of the glory days of Xwing Vs Tie Fighter from the look of the vids that are going around.

What I want to see are more teamwork options in a game like this, working with other players either bot or human is paramount to the kind of gameplay you need. I know there are supposed to be transport type ships, where you can invade an enemy capship and so on.

Yeah Battlefront felt like a straight port and let its self down as theses are the type of games the pc does best. I was a big fan of the old X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-wing v's Tie fighter games, and still say they where the best of the starwars games.

I totally agree about the team work, as its this that makes games like BF2 stand out in the FPS games, its suprising how much better games are using team speak or ventrillo which we use on our TEM - ALL Comers Call of duty server, in which anyone is welcome to join us.

but i doubt it will be the best game of the year, that award will fall to one of the following titles BF2, CoD 2, Half Life 2 or Age of empires 3.

to tell you the truth I'm getting really bored with games like Battlefront and battlefield, they don't really play the way they were meant to, wha with everyone just running aroun randomly killing each other, no one moving in squads, they lack any realism, what I would love is a first pirson game set in medevil times, where instead of people running around randomly shooting eachother, you all line up on the field of battle and do a good old fashioned CHARGE!!!!!!!!!! arrows whizzing overhead, catapults launching flaming death into the middle of the battle, men on horseback riding into people like a wave of Rolling Death, and laying seige to your enemies castle, all in first person mode, God that would be a Game to remember....................................

• 2 weeks later...
to tell you the truth I'm getting really bored with games like Battlefront and battlefield' date=' they don't really play the way they were meant to, wha with everyone just running aroun randomly killing each other, no one moving in squads, they lack any realism, what I would love is a first pirson game set in medevil times, where instead of people running around randomly shooting eachother, you all line up on the field of battle and do a good old fashioned CHARGE!!!!!!!!!! arrows whizzing overhead, catapults launching flaming death into the middle of the battle, men on horseback riding into people like a wave of Rolling Death, and laying seige to your enemies castle, all in first person mode, God that would be a Game to remember....................................[/quote']

Project Offset.

Created by the mastermind behind the game: Savage. Sam McGrath and his small team.

http://www.projectoffset.com/