New Sabrina

dBLOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKUX6thF8Q

Guys do you remember the TV-series Sabrina The Teenage Witch? It was a cute and silly little comedy series back i the nineties. I remember watching it a lot, and loving it. It was a nice, light little series.

Well, the new one has nothing to do with it. It's basically like every young adult fantasy series since Buffy. The original one, not Riverdale.

Am I getting too old? Why do they have to remake everything into retarded young adult/teenage drama bullshit?

sabrina.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually on our watch list on Netflix. 

Is it really that bad? I wasn’t bothered for the original, so I thought this would be bad anyway. 

Netflix does have a good track record with these things though. 

(I do agree riverdale looks awful though so if it’s similar it won’t last in my house)

Okay, sorry, I'm doing this all the time, let me explain myself!

The original Sabrina-series was a comedy series targeting mostly teenagers.
It's not bad, it's just that it feels to me like Riverdale, or True Blood, or the other young adult horror/drama series they make these days. I was disappointed because I loved the original Sabina, so much so that I stopped watching it after seeing the first scene of the pilot. I haven't seen Riverdale, but you see one of these young adult series, you see them all. It felt like Smallville with horror.
I don't want to ruin anybidy's fun, I would recommend you to watch the pilot and than decide!

Edited by dBLOOD

The original Sabrina, was a sit-com.

This new series is far from that.

I've only watched the pilot, it has potential,,,

It seems to be leaning into a grittier/realer world.

Does it go anywhere dBLood?

Or does it just get bogged down by teenage themes like romance etc?

Okay, so what happened is I watched literally the first scene, realized that in tone the series has nothing to do with the old Sabrina series, stopped watching it right away, and cancelled my Netflix subscription, also right away! I am not exaggerating, that is exactly what happened!

So I could not tell you whether the series goes anywhere or not.

So I've watched the first episode...

Wasn't the worst thing ever, but I got bored at times. You're right, it's got a lot of the same elements as other teen fantasy shows.

I'll give episode 2 a go and see if it improves a bit. 

Btw, I hope you don't mind, I threw an image into your first post. I'm adding it to the "featured topics" as they're getting a little out of date. 😛

On 11/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, dBLOOD said:

Okay, so what happened is I watched literally the first scene, realized that in tone the series has nothing to do with the old Sabrina series, stopped watching it right away, and cancelled my Netflix subscription, also right away! I am not exaggerating, that is exactly what happened!

That is hilarious dBlood.          I think I heard you screaming "#@$% Netflix!" from here.

Did you re-subscribe again?

I wont be getting rid of Netlix anytime soon,

they're one of the very few sources for New Sci-Fi in my part of the cosmos.

LUL No, its not really the new Sabrina's fault, I tend to make rush decisions unfortunately. I don't actually have problems with Netflix, well, I hate that they take down stuff after a time. Let's just say when they took down the Tinker Bell animated films, that was not a great day for me!

I'm planning to re-sub sometimes, it's just that I don't have much time to watch Netflix right now, I just got a new job, one that I actually like, I try to concentrate to make it last.

Edited by dBLOOD

• 4 weeks later...

I like Sabrina original series I have all 7 seasons  in Spanish in my old and reliable WD MyBook Essential 3TB "Cargo Bay" hard disk, watching other (the new series) would be like watching the first five episodes of FarScape again. I do not recommend that to anyone,  would be boring and horrible from bad to worst,  but I supose I can try watching  ep 1, or just a YouTube vdo to know for sure,  it won't kill meh either. 

(but maybe I use it to fall asleep. after all u no...).:classic_tongue:

"...Zzz zzz zzz.":classic_sleep:

9 minutes ago, dr_strekge said:

I like Sabrina original series I have all 7 seasons  in Spanish in my old and reliable WD MyBook Essential 3TB "Cargo Bay" hard disk,

Btw nowaday 3TB is becoming too short hard drive space, but you can buy another 3TB boxed, never used, sealed new or like new HDD for around $60 on Ebay. I can afford it right now, I just have 1TB hdd extra in a 3.5 inches enclosure, and a 320GB laptop 2.5 inches hdd sata enclosure.

I have Charmed seasons 1-8 but I stopped watching at some point in 2nd Season, it is more witchcraft and more witches and more of everything but it is not a disney like teen comedy show like Sabrina is, discrete viewing advised.*

21 hours ago, dr_strekge said:

I have Charmed seasons 1-8 but I stopped watching at some point in 2nd Season, it is more witchcraft and more witches and more of everything but it is not a disney like teen comedy show like Sabrina is, discrete viewing advised.*

If you like lite magick related tv shows give a watch to BBC's Merlin, but please if you are the king Arthur never get married with the servant maid, and never lie about your magical  powers if you are the closest friend of an unbeliever but proud warrior king, Apart from that, the series are iconic with much fantasy and Disney like castles, knights, magick and dragons and many ancient Irish/Old English spells. a very enjoyable fictional magic serie.

Two funny word facts about BBC Merlin are 1 it has "cam a lot" and 2 there is also "lance a lot" (lances a lot, lies a lot etcetera). 

Edited by dr_strekge

On 12/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, dr_strekge said:

Btw nowaday 3TB is becoming too short hard drive space, but you can buy another 3TB boxed, never used, sealed new or like new HDD for around $60 on Ebay. I can afford it right now, I just have 1TB ..............

Are you having a conversation with yourself about Sabrina?   🙂

6 hours ago, subspatial said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself about Sabrina?   🙂

lol

not at all subspatial it is more like ubiquity :classic_wink:. It only took me 2 more unexpected replies to tell what I was thinking about Sabrina. :classic_tongue:

right now am feeling a little lazy to put all in just one reply. 

I am glad to find another soul in subspace. 

(the forum acts  somehow like communicating via wormhole to and from a great great distance)

Edited by dr_strekge

On 12/8/2018 at 5:15 AM, dr_strekge said:

(the forum acts  somehow like communicating via wormhole to and from a great great distance)

Throughout space and time, yes.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:23 AM, dr_strekge said:

...would be like watching the first five episodes of FarScape again. .

How did I miss this Farscape reference.

Hilarious!!!

[subspatial suddenly regrets remembering Farscape]