Federation Defences

Beawulf

Yeah but these big and impressive ships make the Federation strong and powerful - some of the best villins and evil forces are so good because they can take advantage of the Federations weakness

and so some of the best stories (wars such as in DS9, Borg invasion etc) come to life

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at some of the battle scenes of the Defiant: lots of shots where they are actually dodging energy beams/balls type-of-weapons. That would have been possible if the ship were bigger. So I'm not enirely convinced that bigger is better. But I do agree that the targeting systems in general in Star Trek are very efficient at locating and hitting their targets...

As for splitting into 3 seperate ships while maintaining high maneuverability: I wonder where they get the power to do that... 3 warp cores in one ship? Seems like overkill when they are combined, but then again, maybe that is how it became to be the fastest ship in the fleet...

I would like to say 6 things about the Fed.

1) Talk - If anything it is something they are good at. I don't think there is anything thing that that do better then talk.

2) Ships - It seems that when the make a Kick @$$ ship that works. They do not pump them out. In TNG were there not only 5 gal' class ships in the fleet.

3) Lazy "Bad Guys"- If the brog really wanted to kill them I would say you only need 3 clubs to talk out the enterprise-E. With the armor and the new weapon voager lost to them in endgame I think the would be out gunned by far. Now I know what you are saying the Queen was all F*ed up. But there are other brog queens I am sure then know about humans. Dorp 300 ships in a tran warp hub right at the feds door.

4) LUCKY - It is the main key to all fed fights. If you were to play head or tail with a fed and the fed pick tail. He would win. If he did not win and you tryed to kill him you would miss. (well only if you are a Main char')

5 & 6) Q and Time - In the end Q would fix it or someone would come back and kill the "Bad guys b4 the fed even knew what was going on.

In the fed they can have suckie army and stuff because they are luck and lazy bad guys.

If i have said anything that has been said already i am sorry i did not read pages 6 & 7

I think the Federation was the Borg's greatest threat - the Borg just didn't know that - this is really stupid though - we have seen in say Dark Fronteir of Voyager season 5 - the Borg commit a much larger fleet to assimilate a race that was far less superiour to the Federation. But the Borg send one cube to earth - why????

i do think they had many more Galaxy class ships though - we saw many in the DS9 battles. Plus you have to think about the rest of Federation Space

You'll have to see it in this way.

The GALAXY was the pride of the FEDS for the long time and the Sovereign just came into service during DS-9.... Sooo they had lotsa Galaxy Class.

If its a new Generation... I'm sure they'd have lotsa Sovereign and Defiants.

and about Prometheus.

I think I still prefer the 3 in 1 idea... here's why

1) When seperate they are like the Defiant... fast... agile and quick shooters. Difficult for an enemy to hit them.

2) Think of each of the smaller parts like a lesser Defiant. so 3 of that attacking is VERY powerful.

3) As 1 ship they might have some heavier weapons and shields we r not aware of. Plus... Pormetheus had regenerative shields.

4) All 3 had warp capabilities and u can easily see the 4 back nacelles and with some difficulty what top warp nacelle. maybe its a new type of engine tht whn combined gives out more power and when seperate they can go upto like warp 6.

hmm....i don't know - much about the Prometheus would just be speculation

!. Regenerative sheilding - what is this - normal ships could just rerout power to the sheilds - what was wrong with that - Sheild regeneration will still drain power.

2, I don't see how each of these 3 sections could have warp cores of there own and could power themselves - and be manuverable powerful etc.

3.....well i'm tiered so i can't think of anything else