Which games have the Best Music?

theaveng

I'm more of a Yasunori Mitsuda fan, myself... (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga Ep 1 (NOT 2), Xenogears, that sort of thing) Surprisingly enough, FFX's music was split between Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano, and Nobuo Uematsu, with most of the stuff you hear commonly split between MH and JN. They're all good, though.

Mario 64, huh...? A Koji Kondo fan, then? ^^ (is that the N64 F-Zero you're talking about, or the SNES one?)

Edit: How do I know those names? Magic! :D

I don't know who wrote Mario64's music... I just enjoyed the remixes of classic Mario tunes into surround sound. And they fit their respective worlds so perfectly.

Fzero = SNES.

The sequels are called Fzero X and Fzero GX (I would have called it Fzero GC for GameCube), and I hate their head-banger soundtracks. Sounds like noise to me.

I actually prefer Star Wars Racer Revenge (ps2) for John Williams' excelent music.

troy

I'm going to have to pick Quake I' date=' II and III because they have awesome Industrial music soundtracks, especially III, done by Front Line Assembly. Great stuff.[/quote']

Oh good call with Quake 3! definatelly a rockin sound track! I also wanted to add in Deus Ex 2: Invisible War into the mix, that game also had really bad assed music.

I'm going to have to pick Quake I' date=' II and III because they have awesome Industrial music soundtracks, especially III, done by Front Line Assembly. Great stuff.[/quote']

Oh good call with Quake 3! definatelly a rockin sound track! I also wanted to add in Deus Ex 2: Invisible War into the mix, that game also had really bad assed music.

Can you believe I never even noticed there was music in Quake III. LOL :D I did play it awful lot though, maybe I just disabled it or something...

Deus Ex has indeed some nice sounds, both 1 and 2 IMHO.. :)

Well i like the music in Star Wars KOTOR 2 - it's really good - very mysterious..... I sometimes just play the game so i can listen to it......crazy i know but that's my fav

You can DL the sound track off Demonoid - just look for StarwarsgamesOSTs

Well i like the music in Star Wars KOTOR 2 - it's really good - very mysterious..... I sometimes just play the game so i can listen to it......crazy i know but that's my fav

You can DL the sound track off Demonoid - just look for StarwarsgamesOSTs

hmmm.....i'm not registared there and you can't register - oh well maybe registration will open again soon

I'd have to say that I am partial to a lot of game soundtracks.

PC: far too many to really list a favourite, X2: The Threat has a really good soundtrack however. And Dawn of War.

PS2: God of War, Dynasty Warriors 5, Devil May Cry 3.

XBOX: Republic Commando, Farenheit and many more.

Older games: Uridium and Paradroid had rocking soundtracks.

NGC: Resident Evil 4

Yeah, I allways thought industrial-music and games like that fit together very well. :cyclops: