Where did your SN come from?

dva2082

I used to use welshgirl on most sites then kept finding out it was taken so changed it to cymru which is wales in welsh' date=' though i don't really think i could be considered a girl any more at 29 years old. :([/quote']

29 Is not old!!

I can't even remember when i was 29!

Oh! Yes i can (Blushes)

Now what was i saying,, Oh! yes 29 is not old...... OK!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use welshgirl on most sites then kept finding out it was taken so changed it to cymru which is wales in welsh' date=' though i don't really think i could be considered a girl any more at 29 years old. :([/quote']

29 Is not old!!

Oh! Yes i can (Blushes)

What i said was i can hardly be considered a girl when i'm nearly 30, but i don't think cymruwoman would have the same ring to it somehow!

29 Is not old!!

Oh! Yes i can (Blushes)

What i said was i can hardly be considered a girl when i'm nearly 30, but i don't think cymruwoman would have the same ring to it somehow!

Yes i think you are right,, Girl does sound better than woman

My first ever screen name was wolf83, but I've found that there is already a wolf83 on most sites, and so I chose the name 'macrovirus', a sn that only Voyager fans would recognise. Personally, I don't remeber the episode particularly well, but I remeber seeing a trailer for it when it first aired on the BBC, and this weird virus thingy that Janeway seems to be going all Schwarzenegger-like to try and kill. So far, I've not encountered it anywhere else, and has become my general use name.

Way back when I started going online, I wanted a SN that was completely generic, and gave no clue as to my race, sex, age, religion, or anything else about me. I literally opened a dictionary, and chose the first word that sounded right.

Prototype it was. I've had this name so long, I've started answering to it. Prototype at least is my legit online name. I have another I use for less than legal activities. As far as I'm concerned, Prototype and the other name are two completely different people.

And for the love of God' date=' NEVER do a Google image search for "Flotter".[/quote']

lol.gif Sorry, couldn't resist...

I have another I use for less than legal activities.

And you actually believe that all our activities here are completely legal??? :p

Well' date=' I was looking for something amusing and scifi related, and that accounts for the first quotation. The second one is, I suppose, a cautionary proverb against overconfidence or arrogance.[/quote']

It's also the name of a good sci-fi book for "Young Adults" (ie teenagers)

:)

ok, my turn.

This actually annoys me, so be prepared for a rant....

Lets take a journey back in time...Way back in the old days, before computers were a household commodity, and geeks were still those people wearing pocket protectors and thick-rimmed glasses, not the quasi-cool people now playing computer games and speaking l33t....

I needed a handle....man did I need a handle. It seemed everything I thought of was taken....Morrigan (Celtic Goddess of War and Destruction), Layke (the Irish name my parents baptised me with), I eventually chose Dayna Culley (long story involving childish lust after Dana Scully, and running into a bank clerk with that name and finding it most amusing).

At any rate, X-Files stopped being cool, and I'd grown an imagination....

I wanted something interesting, preferably based on Celtic myths. I fiddled with Myrrdin, Merlin, Taliesin, etc....but they were all male names. So I invented one - a female derivative of Taliesin - Taleitha.

Now here cometh the rant....WHEN THE HELL DID EVERYONE START NAMING THEIR DAUGHTERS TALEITHA!!!!???? I looked in a name book (way back in those old days) to make sure it wasn't a real name (and it wasn't). Now suddenly there are Taleitha's and Talitha's popping up everywhere, and all around my age too.

GRRRRRR!!!!!......

Anyway, I still like my name, and answer to Tal more often than my real name....eheheh ;)

My nick is the name of the Sword of Light weilded by Gourrey Gabriev from the anime series 'The Slayers', and one of the five keys to the seal on the Great Demon of the Overworld, Dabranigdu the Dark Star. I adopted it as a makeshift name when I started experimenting with Direct Connect (on an anime hub, if you couldn't guess ^^), and it sort of stuck (first as Gorunova, and then as Gorun Nova with or without the space), as everyone I talked to started to know me by this name, if not my real one. So, I'm stuck with it. ^_^'

Err.. mine's just my name. Nothing interesting there. The "Han" is chinese for "Man" (as in male) I think. Or part of the word for "Man" anyway. Who knows. =p

=Han=

*btw, I image googled "Flotter". Its a martial arts move or something? Or were u referring to the funny image of bin Laden?

I'd like to know what c4evap's is from..

Chris

Ah, that I know! And if you search the forum for another name thread, I'm sure you'll know too!

You could of course, also ask c4 herself... :)

Err.. mine's just my name. Nothing interesting there. The "Han" is chinese for "Man" (as in male) I think. Or part of the word for "Man" anyway. Who knows. =p

=Han=

*btw, I image googled "Flotter". Its a martial arts move or something? Or were u referring to the funny image of bin Laden?

Ah, so it means: ju-han = ju-man = hu-man = human!

Now I understand!

As for flotter, try googling for Flotter and StarTrek! :)

Oh, and what my name stands for I'll never tell! It's way to easy to have to explain... :p