TV: Surface

Manxman

Hi has anybody else seen the new TV series called 'Surface" .

The show seems interesting and revolves around the plot line of a new species that has emerged in the oceans that seems to be a threat to mans dominance.

Well worth watching.

If somebody has the current first four episodes I would recommend seeding. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SURFACE was the topic a minute ago....

Hey, that show is just enough to be creepy, but they haven't converted me to any religion or gotten me to sway toward some new ideaolgy (you correct spelling),...although I was considering a donation to a mammal based organization this year.

not too bad' date=' but the story is developing kinda slowly. i hope they get into some real action soon. and, well, the idea of creatures living in lava... i think they could have done better.[/quote']

I agree with the lava bit. Seems a little hoaky to me. But as for the slow development, I'm not sure. There's a fine line you have to walk when you base a series on this type of premise. Reveal to much too soon and you have no place to go story-wise. Too slow, and you loose viewers from lack of interest. Right now, I think they are doing a good job. They are developing the characters while giving us just enough of the plot to keep us interested, at least for now. Well see how it goes.

Guest c4evap
Hi has anybody else seen the new TV series called 'Surface" .

The show seems interesting and revolves around the plot line of a new species that has emerged in the oceans that seems to be a threat to mans dominance.

Well worth watching.

If somebody has the current first four episodes I would recommend seeding. :)

If I understand the show's concept (and I could be incorrect), the creatures aren't a "new" species but rather one that has been around but never seen before. I like this show a lot. That one scene at the end of one of the EPs was great. It showed a large fishing cruiser from high above being swollowed by an enormous creature. That scene gave me the willies as I'm afraid of the ocean (almost drowned twice when I was younger and never got over it).

c4 B)

The scene of the fishing boat getting swallowed by Nessie was clearly a homage to Dune.

I have to say out of Threshold, Invasion and Surface - Surface is the only one that I actually like. It's more interesting, less cliched and just generally better acted and scripted. The different angles of the story make it a lot more interesting and I have to say that I feel it's probably got more potential than the others.

I've been off for a week, I'm just now downloading 4...I didn't catch it on the tube either, but I tell you this much, If something concrete doesn't happen in this episode, I mean no pussy footing with seeing images and the cutoff of the creature going for the baot, I'm moving on to something new.

But that scene with the boat was good one...