Star Trek Federation vs. the Cylons, who would win?

starcrunch

Ok so I am always curious about crossovers, and I was wondering if anyone thought about this.

Say Voyager found the colonial fleet out in the delta quadrant, would it alone be able to defeat the cylons or would it be more difficult than that.

I think a starship like the Enterprise would be able to wipe out the entire cylon army in one attack but what do you all think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they colonials or the Cylons don't use lasers, tractor beams or photon torpedoes, it doens't mean that they're not from a different universe. Granted, it'd be rather foolish for BSG to be in the same universe as Star Trek, but it's not impossible. It's like saying that just because Starfleet ships in the 21st century don't have tractor beams means that they're not in the same universe as the Vulcans. Just because two of the races are at different points of development doesn't mean they're in different universes.

I do believe the definitive Dr Who and Star Trek cross-over has been done before :D

Yes will that is a Dr Who fan who made that so clearly unfair advantage to the Cybermen there

Federation i'd have to say - because i don't watch BSG - so there's my completly unbiased oppinion......;)

Well ok but from my knowlege - Federation ships just seem more powerful against there one manned fighters - off course - if the Cylons were to board the Federation Starship then i think the tables would turn there.....

the way you posed your question is confusing. if you mean Cylons vs. The federation. Hands down the federation. They have several fleets of ships backed by several planets. Now Cylons vs. a single ship ie Enterprise or Voyager then it would be the cylons. They have the numbers. As we saw in during the run of voyager even though voyager was had a technolgical advantage numerous enemies could wear them down.

The Federation would attempt to negotiate with the Cylons in order to avoid war, as that is always Federation policy. The Cylons would agree to negotiate, while studying the Federation, installing spies and saboteurs, and implementing their intelligence to narrow or eliminate the techological gap, as that is their policy. When the Cylons believed that they had reached technological parity, they would proceed with their attack plan. The Federation would be woefully unprepared as they always seem to be in similiar situations.

you made a good point the damn feds stay trying to negotiate sh#t out. But dont forgot in order for the cylons to get the alpha quadrant they would have to cut thru the delta quad. I am sure the borg would just wipe them for being imperfect.

wait a mo.... aren't the computers on a fed ship networked??????

hummm lets see that old virus scam work with the federation??

or maybe they'll get data to fight the viruses....

btw it seems that the majority think the feds can beat the cylons.. so what chance has a battle star got?? they cant even fight a single cylon ship....

I would say the Federation would destroy the Cylons, for a couple reasons. 1 is that they(BSG/Cylons) use conventional warfare. They don't even have LASERS. Even if they did, there is stuff in tng (I would have to find the exact ep.) where people go after them with lasers, and they basically laugh at them and seem tempted to take down their shields for fun. 2 is that I don't think they have the same type of computer systems. In Trek they talk about gigaquads of information, which I don't think has ever been explained, but it would show that they do have some other way of storing system, which means they might not even be on a binary system. I haven't looked up much info on that though, so I am not sure. That would make it really hard for cylons to infect with their virus. The shielding on Federation ships might also prevent transmission, though I doubt it since they can still communicate, but they might have a better type of comm system that can filter things. Now assuming I am wrong and you could infect a Federation ship effectively, I would go in the other direction and say the cylons would win.

I do agree though that the Federation would probably try to negotiate, and assuming the Cylons agreed I could see them later taking out the Federation as they did the humans in BSG. But in an all out war upon meeting... Goodbye toasters.

federation may try negotiate but that wouldnt work as the cylons dont do that, also its a tad bit unrealistic in comparing the cylons against the fed, as the technology is far more advanced in star trek. one way the cylons could get the upper hand is by sneeking a cylone clone onboard.

actually if i seen a borg and a cylon "new upgraded toaster" i know which i will be legging away from....not the borg...they walk at the pace of a 80 year old and are dumb as hell, now a cylon centurion...well bloody fast as hell and thoses built in canons must hurt lol....not to mention when a cylon hits you...your out for the count lol.

interesting point.... it seams that although the fed would have more advanced ship... when it came to a full blown land invasion we'd all lose to the cylons......

come to think of it the feds coldn't even slove the marque situation in ds9,,, which spilt over into voyager.... and they were a bunch of civilians?????