Movie: Doom

vtallbloke

Anyone seen the trailer for this yet?

Stars the "Rock" as the main Lead, and actually looks real good.

There is sposed to be 10mins of actual footage made to look like the game (as in First person view) so you basically just see the gun looking where its shooting.

Trailer looks pretty good, and they certainly seem to have got the monsters off to a tee from Doom 3. LIke the game, think this one is gona have to be watched in surround sound, with the lights out :)

Here take a look Doom The movie site

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It is likely to have absolutely nothing to do with the game and looks very much like someone saw Resident Evil and thought "why bother with a new script for the Doom movie? We can just copy and paste!"

They even use the exact same sounds from Aliens... or so it sounds like.

Anyone see House of the Damned?

Based off of the game they tried to put in little snippets of the game here and there to be cool.

Games are games, movies are movies -

in trying to put in the game FX they will just make the movie corny

it will suck ass thats it. it's going to be hour and half of sucking balls.

HAHAHAHAHA thats what i thought as soon as i heard this movie was being made, the trailer further confirmed that and the chances of me watching the movie are pretty much zilch so hopefully i want have a chance to confirm its horriblness. For some good Sci-Fi check out Serenity well its in theatres :)

My problem with the movie is that instead of the denizens of hell spilling into our reality we get yet another genetic engineering gone bad plot. So I guess that means that we won't be seeing any 50' high pentagrams adorning the walls.

Anyone see House of the Damned?

Ugh! That movie replaced Mortal Kombat - Annihilation as the worst movie of all time in my rating system -_-'...

What?!... they changed from hell beasts to genetically engineered critters? If they did THAT, it ain't Doom anymore...

House of the dead was GODAWFUL! the snippets in the game and some of the Matrix-esque special effects just kept you wondering "WTF. did they just put that?" Since the FX in that movie had NO function it was rather there to 'lift' the movie, at least it was better than the 'scifi' Stranded, but not by far...

As for a Doom movie.. hm I don't know yet - other good game adaptions? Well, Resident Evil was ok

Is it already released? Did anyone watch it? The trailers are nice of course, I dont remember any bad trailer if the genre hit my taste...I expect a movie with bad story, known and bad actors but nice effects ! ;)

Btw: the director is a german guy who converted many games into movies in the last time right? (alone in the dark as well, if im right)

Nothing to do with the old Italian horror film, I'm afraid Soulreaper.

The director of the Doom film should be the single greatest cause for concern. Until the man is located and incapicitated in a fashion that prevents him from film making, the viewing public is still at risk.

I remember "Doom: The Movie" the first time I saw it. When it was called "Resident Evil: The Movie"

Besides it being set on Mars, and "The Rock" (Yeah, that makes me want to see it even MORE /sarcasim) being in it, the differences are...... uh....?

The only good videogame related movie ever made, would have to be "The Wizard", with fred savage. Even better was the recent straight to vhs remake, "The N00b".

• 2 weeks later...

Well... MORTAL KOMBAT 1 was good

I don't care what people say but I liked RESIDENT EVIL 1... I'd say that was good.

Final Fantasy AdvenChildren was awesome.

And if we are REALLY desperate... we can always add POKEMON... hehehe.

And about DOOM... I heard its actually pretty good... apparently the fact that the creatures are from HELL is the twist of the movie.

Well... look fellows... why are we EVEN arguing whether it'll suckass or not !?

We all know we are gonna go watch it. It's DOOM.

Hi All, Doom the movie WAS CRAP !!

With such a vast ammount of material to exploit from all the Doom games the end movie result was just plain feeble.

I bet there is Disney stuff out there with more go to it.

Stu