Replicators VS Borgs

Bapman

I posted the same poll on ST forums... not its not here again 'cause the replicators are losing BUT because I wanted to see if anyone can see through the arguement objectively, since most of them there seems to know more abt borgs thn the Replicators.

Sooo who do u think wins if they were at their peak and an all out war broke out between the 2.

My money replicators.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, all you'd have to do is throw one replicator on the outer hull of a cube, ant the replicator will consume, and reproduce the entire cube, and the mechanichal parts of the drones.

The borg wouldn't really have a chance, as the replicators are either immune, or are extremely resistant to energy weapons, and borg drones rely on hand to hand combat in one on one fights. Its well established in Stargate, that the Tau'ri p90 / shotguns are the most effective weapons against the replicators, and I don't see the borg having anything like that in their asenal.

I guess it comes down to who assimilates whom first. We know that both species are attracted to high technology and integrate it into their technology base.

This could easily degenerate into one of those "who is tougher" things that appear on comic book threads.

Well, all you'd have to do is throw one replicator on the outer hull of a cube, ant the replicator will consume, and reproduce the entire cube, and the mechanichal parts of the drones.

The borg wouldn't really have a chance, as the replicators are either immune, or are extremely resistant to energy weapons, and borg drones rely on hand to hand combat in one on one fights. Its well established in Stargate, that the Tau'ri p90 / shotguns are the most effective weapons against the replicators, and I don't see the borg having anything like that in their asenal.

Agreed! Replicators hands down!

replicator-stargates.jpg

I'll never look at a box of Legos again the same way...

c4 B)

I thought Replicators at first too but then thought that maybe they would attack one borg ship and win, the borg would adapt, and then the next encounter would be borg firing off some energy weapon that turns replicator into sand. Not quite sure really.

All I know for sure is that geeks beet Nerds hands down. :p

I will have to go with the replicators on this one. Even though the borg have the ability to assimilate and adapt, they cannot fight the replicators. How do you fight an enemy that can use your resources to create their own soldiers. The borg could adapt but the replicators would overwhelm them and carry out tactical strikes. The borg do not have drones to continously repel the replicators. And one more thing to note. Once the replicators encountered the first borg ship I sure they would scan their database and find the ultimate way to take out the borg is to take out the borg queen. The replicators could pull a Locutus(star trek reference) on the borg. Take the queen out the loop thus control the borg. The borg would not fight back because the queen is the link to all borg. if the rest of the borg wanted to escape her influence they would have to pull out the collective which would just go against the nature of being a collective.

It needs to be looked at a in a different light. Ship against ship. The replicators don't even HAVE weapons. They have to steal other ships. So which ship in the SG universe would have a chance against a cube? The borg would cut them all up like the invention of sliced water.

Uhmmm... no.

Sorry to rain on the parade... BUT

1) If the replicators never HAD weapons... how do you think the ASGARDS kept losing

2) Even if BORGS can destroy replicator ships... replicators can board their ships through hull n stuff... or just beam in... as the asgards can beam through shields.

3) The reason REPLICATORS don't fire MUCH is because they PREFER taking a ship over.

4) While the Cubes are sending the RESISTANCE is futile message or passing by 'cause not interested since they are just machines... the REPLICATORS would board their ship n well... replicate.

And lastly... simple... The finale "RECKONING" anyone !?... The replicators were on all out war with the Goaulds n Anubis's remaining fleet... and I'm pretty sure they were firing and they WERE way more powerful than the reguler ones and their ships WERE way tougher than the reguler ones as well.

HAHA... what do you say to THAT... I say sir...

[serious tone] Valid point bro but its already been established that replicator tech IS sufficiently higher than BORG tech.

Um... show me any episode with a replicator made ship firing energy weapons.

There isn't any.

They STEAL other ships and use those ships weapons because they have no tech of their own. They were fighting the gouald with gouald ships they had taken over! Replicators only have a weak azz acid squirt gun in their bums.

A borg cube is also probably 10x the size of any ship in the SG universe, and has more weapons. Tractor beam anyone?? Baseball bat?? How about my foot..

Wahahaha remember the PLANET covered with replicators? And their 'nanite' humanoids... those *would* easily beat the borg as long as they get a tad of a foothold, as for the Asgards, they would probably be a tought fight for the Borg since Asgard ships are WAY beyond any 'warp' speed. Q would probably beat the Ancients with the snap of his (their) fingers.

Hmmmm....Q versus Ascended

err...I mean,

Borg develop energy type disintigration weapon and axe the reps,

Or Borg travel through time and waste the little robbie girl that created the reps (I hated Trek time travel except for TOS and the fourth movie),

Really though, these things can't be compared. We're taking two very different ideas of technology and trying to mix them. It could go either way, only limited by the immagination. Both series set some precedence that would allow for either species to reign victorious.