Replicators VS Borgs

Bapman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahahaha remember the PLANET covered with replicators? And their 'nanite' humanoids... those *would* easily beat the borg as long as they get a tad of a foothold' date=' as for the Asgards, they would probably be a tought fight for the Borg since Asgard ships are WAY beyond any 'warp' speed. Q would probably beat the Ancients with the snap of his (their) fingers.[/quote']

Uhmmm... what about the ship that's MADE up of REPLICATORS !?... Yes the one that the ASGARDS couldn't beat... the one that escaped from a black holes gravity without a scratch.

and about how advanced the BORGS are !?

They couldn't assimilate DATA... they got beat by VOYAGER on numerous occasions. Sure you can argue hey ur cheating... but canon is canon... as the FEDs got smarter and more advanced... it got easier to defeat the collective.

REPLICATORS and actually ANY of the races u mention in STARGATE are consistently powerful. Replicators uptil now were ONLY defeated by either Ancient weapons or some clever unorthadox tactic something the BORGS will NEVER dream of regardless how advanced they are.

PLUS RECKONING again... no one can stop a full fledged pissed off invasion of the REPLICATORS.

Remember... they came from ANOTHER galaxy and spread in ours withing a matters of days.

You think the BORGS can spread tht fast !?

PLUS...

The point tht was made way before... REPLICATORS are completley immune to energy based weapons

Now if you're bring in tht hey borgs are adaptive... well replicators are atleast 10 times more adaptive.

and ship VS ship !?

Replicators tune and modify any ship they come across... and THAT's why the ASGARDS were losing 'cause they modified all of the ships they captured and modified and tuned them to be more powerful than the asgards.

and if you are gonna go on about how ADVANCED the BORG ships are compared to the ASGARDS.

Give one tech.

Borgs can't teleport through shields until they adapt.

Replicators can move THROUGH space.

And if you're gonna go ship VS ship... the replicators would just board the BORG vessels.

A replicators is MUCH MUCH harder to kill than a BORG drone.

So let's assume they don't fire... as you said... the borgs come... they shoot and blow up replicators ships... wht then !? Are you gonna now tell me the borgs can do it 1 shot before the REPLICATORS can teleport onto their ship !?

And once the replicators board their ship... they have BORG tech and remember... we're talking abouthe REPLICATORS at their peak... meaning REPLICATORS led by the humanoids.

And under their leadership replicators HAVE advanced all the tech they had. Remember how the goauld go massacred !? why would it be so dofficult if all they were fighting against were regular capital ships.

Ok... I THINK I've rambled on too long.

Replicators can't fly a borg cube, neither can humans until they've been assimilated. It's a telepathic biomechanical interface. They can't "replicate" human or alien brainwaves.

Borg have transwarp hubs that allow them to travel from galaxy to galaxy in a matter of minutes, not days or weeks. Time travel anyone? The borg can.

I'll never look at a box of Legos again the same way...

Lego? Mechano more like.

WTH is a Mechano?

c4 :thinking:

This is how I remember Meccano (although while searching the web I found some examples of current meccano that didn't look anywhere as cool).

Meccano Toys

Like Leggo, they have taken away the immagination factor and showed you what to build with each particular set...Lame. The old meccano came with little motors that would breath life into your creations. I can understand the comparison made above...If I recall properly the sound of those little motors were much like the sounds made by the replicator bugs.

Okies. I remember them now. My older brother had a kit. He used to make long pointed objects and throw them at me. :p Legos are a bit safer I think...

c4 :D

Replicators can't fly a borg cube, neither can humans until they've been assimilated. It's a telepathic biomechanical interface. They can't "replicate" human or alien brainwaves.

Borg have transwarp hubs that allow them to travel from galaxy to galaxy in a matter of minutes, not days or weeks. Time travel anyone? The borg can.

C'mon dude... now you're just pulling at strings.

And you don't NEED a biomechanical interface to pilot a CUBE... in VOYAGER when they boarded the CUBEs they could access their data with a tricorder.

Replicators I do think have quite more advanced methods.

And even if you WERE right... tht still doesn't mean tht they can't bypass tht... specially since there's more evidence to suggest tht replicators can modify tech more than the borgs can safegaurd their tech.

About the BORG transwarp hub... its only in THIS galalxy... not OTHER galalxies... and don't even argue with me on that matter 'cause I just watched VOYAGER's ENDGAME.

It said specifically... this galaxy... and remember... all of ST's things take PLACE on this galaxy. Noone in ST has the tech to go through the galalctic barrier,not even the BORGS [sadly... it would've rocked if they could]

And BORGS vessels could be LAUNCHED anywhere across the galaxy in a matter of minutes... not come from another galaxy and conquer more than half of this galaxy in a matter of days.

BORGS have gotten weaker with time... specially since Feds techs have advanced.

Replicators haven't... they are consistenly powerful and unstoppable.

What else !?... oh yah... about time travel...

What would that accomplish !?... it is clear tht the borgs can't time travel in large numbers... and even when they can they needed to be in close proximity of the enemy target and since they CANT travel outside the Galactic barrier... its no point... 'cause the REPLICATORS originated in another galaxy.

PLUS... how many years ago do u think they can travel !?

The VAADWAR's in VOYAGER stated tht BORGS had a handful of systems 900 years ago... and the REPLICATORS have been dominating the asgards for more than few thousand years. Even if they time travel backwards... REPLICATORS will be more advanced than them... and top it off... even MORE in numbers.

How does tht even help !?

The balls on your court brother... more cool info about BORGS.

in VOYAGER when they boarded the CUBEs they could access their data with a tricorde

Accessing data is not piloting a ship.. no one has ever carjacked a borg cube.

I'm sure the borg would have found a way to destroy the reps just like the ancients if they had one block to study. Anything is possible with time travel. I won't go into it, but needless to say the borg would win with that seeing as they can take over a planet like they tried to do with earth, and make trillions of drones to build more ships to fight in the war.

And borg do have KE weapons; magnetometric guided charge, multi-kinetic neutronic mine. The latter being destructive enough to wipe out an entire star system with a radius of 5 light years. They'd be so FUBAR you'd need subtitles to understand what the hell they're doing.

As for endgame, the borg were beginning to adapt to those "improvements" that the future tech gave to voyager. voyager almost lost. I stand by the assumption that borg ships are just plain bigger than the elephant mans head is to a baseball cap. Their mass and weapons will easily outpower any SG universe ship, even a fleet of ships. One of the cubes has what, 64,000 drones? One of the gouald ships only carries 2,000-10,000(human reps, unless midgets).

In the end the replicators were destroyed. The borg were not.

And it's been alluded that the borg can survive without a queen. As they didn't have one in the beginning since she is from species 125 instead of species 1. Or she was maybe replaced later on by a superior life form.

END

You're forgetting that the Replicators also have access to time dilation technology.

Not just that but we don't know for sure that all the Replicators were destroyed - just all the ones in the Milky Way. Not just that but the Borg COULD have been wiped out if Picard hadn't woosed out.

And really, what's with the size obsession? Couple of Replicators inside a Borg cube and it's dead. Even if they can't fly it, they could just turn it into more replicators. Furthermore, given the fact the Asgard fly between galaxies in about 5 seconds, it's LAUGHABLE to assume that their weapons systems are less powerful than those of the Borg.

As to wiping out a radius of 5 ly... well, that's a joke because the replicators don't NEED planets for anything but resources. Scorched earth would hurt the Borg infinitely more than the replicators.

He does have some valid points Tenebrae... and he meant everything in a 5 light year radius... though its implausable how a kinetic energy weapon can spread that far. Considering kinetic energy explosions don't do warp.

BORG cube is 3.36 KM by well... 3.36 KM... basically 28 cubic kilometers and needs to be run by minimum 56,000 drones... and can carry upto 180,000.

An Asgard ship is more than 1 km since the Ha'tak are that big and needs 1 person to operate it. Sounds more efficient and advanced to me.

And you are going on about Asgard ships are less powerful... while its already established that the Asgard engines are more powerful as they can do galactic jump just like their transporters that can transport through shields and protective hulls without any problem. Convenient how everything else could be more advanced except the weapons and tech... even though they can time dialate... turn a planet into a blackhole... survive close proximity to a large black hole and the stresses of intergalactic travel in a matter of hours... but they are somehow weaker than a race that can't even cross the galactic barrier.

I did some search on the net... sadly, I couldn't come up with any of those godly weapons he seems to mention of their usage from a cube.

I checked a borg cube stat... its got...

The cutting beam [energy based]

Tractor beam [energy based]

Energy Beam weapon [that's wht its called]

Plasma torpedoes

No mention of the godly weapons. But let's say the Unicomplex or their stationary sytems have those weapons and can deploy them through the cubes.

Only the UNIT relpicators are hurt for a while by kinetic energy weapons... not their ships and the humanoids.

I still don't understand 1 thing... if the creators gave the borgs so much firepower and if they could time travel so readily and were so tough...

Why on Earth haven't they defeated any of the other races yet... doesn't that just goes to show how simple minded they are... regardless how you go about writer's fault... the Borgs still don't use their supposed full potential and that makes them dumber than the replicators.

Oh and about studying REPLICATORS... remember... borgs don't study... they assimilate... that's why VOYAGER found out about the 8472 weakness 'cause FEDS study. Borgs use nanobots while Replicators are literally nanobots... who do you think has the more tech advantage here !?

Lastly... watch UNIMATRIX ZERO... the drones that escaped from the collective piloted the ship the normal way. If you are gonna go they used neural interface... its quite silly to assume the collective don't have safegaurds from incidents like that. So then anyone with a modified neural interface can jack a cube.

Plus no one ever jacked a cube maybe because there are always about 50,000 drones active in it ?

Magnetometric guided charge is a projectile weapon employed by the Borg, capable of auto-acquiring a metallic target under sensor-blinding conditions. In 2367, a Borg cube forced the USS Enterprise-D from its hiding place inside the Paulson Nebula by firing magnetometric guided charges into the cloud. TNG: "The Best of Both Worlds, Part I"

Multi-kinetic neutronic mine is a weapon of mass destruction utilized by the Borg. The mine has a yield of five million isotons, enough to affect an entire star system. Shockwaves from the mine would spread over a radius of five light-years. In 2374, Seven of Nine proposed the neutronic mine as a means of delivering modified nanoprobes to Species 8472, noting that it would be "efficient". However, the fifty trillion nanoprobes necessary to arm even a single mine were well beyond Voyager's production capabilities given the time constraints, not to mention Captain Kathryn Janeway's ethical reservations about such a device. VOY: "Scorpion, Part II"

Curiously, the shape of the mines resembled that of the rogue Borg ship from TNG: "Descent, Part I & Part II."

Size plays a factor, because the borg can hit you from any angle on any side of the cube. They don't need to do strafing runs. The reps may be immune to energy weapons, but the ships they steal and modify are not.

(replace nanoprobes with your favorite destructive or trojan horse alloy here)

Ok... then here's an important question.

Why didn't the BORGS ever use these weapons to defeat the FEDERATION ?

or

Why didn't they TRAVEL back in time and THEN come to Earth when they had no defences.

If the BORGS actually fight ruthlessly then yes... it would be a good fight but the BORGS would still lose 'cause the 1st things replicators do is board a ship and create more of themselves.

By the time the BORGS can ready these weapons replicators would've infected them.

But... SERIOUSLY... WHY THE FUK don't the BORGS ever use these weapons !?

God... they'd be sooo much more scarier and imposing.

They lost to VOYAGER with weapons like THESE !?

Multi-kinetic neutronic mine is a weapon of mass destruction utilized by the Borg. The mine has a yield of five million isotons' date=' enough to affect an entire star system. Shockwaves from the mine would spread over a radius of five light-years.[/quote']

Y'know... that's one thing I have an issue with. Kinetic energy can't transmit through a vacuum, and mass of, what, neutrons, capable of doing that sort of damage would probably be an opaque wave... The neutrons would have to come from somewhere... and the energy requirements to create enough neutrons to cause damage over such an area would be to supernovas what a supernova would be to a sneezing amoeba, to wildly overestimate the ratio.

... also, if it's just a wave of kinetic energy... that stuff propagates through matter, NOT a vacuum, meaning it's either actually a non-kinetic energy weapon, or somehow pushing an enormous amount of matter (we're talking about an enormous amount, here... enough that you could probably build a thousand solar systems with it.)

... if you directed all the energy required to produce that matter into a beam, it'd probably be hot enough to hit unifying temperatures (i.e. the enormous temperatures that the theorized early universe experienced at the earliest moments of existance). It could literally cut through anything. Why bother with a friggin' bomb when you could shoot an unstoppable beam from thousands of light years away that would still be strong enough to cut a planet in half, or spread wide enough to obliterate one a thousand times over?

Basically, from a physics standpoint, the 'multi-kinetic neutronic mine' is a no-go. If it were a 'multi-kinetic micro-singularity mine', THEN we're talking business! :D ... but it's not.

Edit: I know this isn't exactly on-topic, but I just couldn't resist pointing out how... impossible or insanely inefficient / impractical some of the tech on Star Trek is, scientifically speaking.

Let's just stick to the -plausible- weapons in this Replicator vs. Borg thingy... or not. ^^'

Edit 2: Just to clarify, a bomb like this would probably be plausible to me for, say, a hundredth, thousanth, or even more century civilization with nearly boundless energy resources as sort of a 'nerf' weapon to impress the lesser races... Way above the heads of the Asgard, much less the Borg, a sort of "Yay, we could scorch your solar system out space from a galaxy away, but instead, we'll do THIS! *bamf* Hahhahha!"

THANK you... for pointing that out. GorunNova.

And my point is... even if let's say the BORGS HAVE tht weapon and we do take it granted for canon's sake... why the heck didn't they ever use it to defeat someone !?

And if they much rather hold back their superweapons and go na we don't wanna use it... and then get defeated.

Its pretty safe to assume they won't use it on the Replicators either... and just threaten them with it... like they tried the Feds.

When they said kinetic, I assumed that there were bits and bobs scattering over 5 light years... presumably traveling at warp - because sometimes stuff needs a warp field, other times it doesn't.

And yes Gorun - Treknology is perhaps the more laughable because it TRIES so hard to have some kind of credible nature and then the writers go and piss all over it, nowhere more so than in Voyager. And 5 million isoton yield? That's NOTHING - when I actually tried to get some verification of what exactly an isoton was - I stumbled on a post on memory alpha saying that the Malon anti-matter trucks carried 4 TRILLION ISOTONS of anti-matter.

That's about enough to blow up the galaxy, surely? Or at least around 5000 lightyears worth of stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, definitly being more of a Stargate fan than a Startrek fan i voted the Borg, since they would totally kick those tiny spidy creatures asses, i mean a little electical pulse that some earth guy managed to create, with a little help from the ancients, managed to kill them off, and i mean that was kinda pathetic coming from the best SG1 baddy ever!

The borg have been at war for Hunderds of years and no-one has defeted them yet, well Enterprise's furutre guy tells us that Eventually they are defeted, but i mean, that was the Federation against one Species, kinda like me picking on someone half my size!

The replicators are cool, but they would be crushed like the bugs they are!

Sorry!

SG1 still rocks, pitty that O'neil has left, but his replacement is kinda cool, just wish Claudia Black hadn't died so soon, she was a YUMMY MUMMY