Replicators VS Borgs

Bapman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SG1 still rocks, pitty that O'neil has left, but his replacement is kinda cool, just wish Claudia Black hadn't died so soon, she was a YUMMY MUMMY

Yes Sir! and she would kick both rep and borg butt using only her sarcasm. Bring her back already...what else is she doing?

Um... show me any episode with a replicator made ship firing energy weapons.

There isn't any.

They STEAL other ships and use those ships weapons because they have no tech of their own. They were fighting the gouald with gouald ships they had taken over! Replicators only have a weak azz acid squirt gun in their bums.

A borg cube is also probably 10x the size of any ship in the SG universe, and has more weapons. Tractor beam anyone?? Baseball bat?? How about my foot..

if you remember the borg got everything also from STEALING IT.... its the way they are as in i forget what season but on stargate carter and thor were aboard either the daniel jackson or the oneill when the were fired abon by what thor called 2 replicator missles so yes the replicators do have weapons if u remember more clearly even they are there own weapons arnt they ehhh what now??? i just read part of yours they didnt have any energy weapons of there own no but neither did the go'uld they stole theres also so were are we now the onyl epople i see with there own weapons that have been brought up is azgaurd and humans so were are we now all the enemys in any show practicly steal there crap to get it well the really really bad enemys anyhow

Loving the repliborg theory there but I have a slightly different take. The replicators completely wipe out the borg and everything is peaceful for a few years and then all of a sudden a replicator queen appears and has 5 (the half human replicator) in tow. We see the replicator queens head and it is the replicator version of carter who comes down and says resistance is futile.

They then proceed to bitch slap the ori and completely wipe out an entire race of badguys so that we spend half a season battling the same dumb crap and SG1 save the day by Daniel Jackson asscending and meeting all of the ancients who turned out to be the peeps from atlantis who ascended years into the future but travelled through time to save the earth from extinction and now thats finally given atlantis some sort of point and meaning.

Oh and it turns out the repliborg were all powered by ZPM's so they can't even waste a few episodes hunting for them. Winner!

Who was/is Claudia Black? Don"t remember her.

she was the person who was "tied" to daniel jackson using the goul'd bracelets, and took over the ship by beaming everone off it!

she is so cute, pity she is probably more than 10 years older than me, being a young 22yo

The main difference Between the Replicators and the Borg is that the Borg need to assimilate humanoids. Replicators don't have this problem, though of course they can't assimilate humanoids (as far as I know) but that wouldn't matter very much.

The only way out that I can see for the Borg is if their queen manages to form an alliance between the Borg and the Replicators. Otherwise, the Reppys are just too fast, too small, too many. Oh how they'd love eating a borg cube... I bet they'd end up taking a small evolutionary leap forward in the process.

borg are jsut as easily hurt by human projectile weaponry as borg are becasue as i recall in startrek first contact when picard needed the borg memory thing he went to the holo deck because the other energy weapons had been adapted to so he used a tommy guns as it is to kill then and u cant adapt to a weapon that doesnt have an energy signature can you?

• 1 month later...

if both borg n reps r hurt by human projectile weaponry so easily....why r everyone trying to switch to advanced lasers? :P it makes no sense

n the reppies would kick borg @$$ any day of the week, as proven by the many ppl who commented on this thread

Tough choice. I'd say Borg. The one weakness Replicators have is, they can temporarily be stopped by projectile based weapons. They absorb energy and eventually become immune to it. The Borg wouldn't take long to realize this and probably would either develop a projectile based weapon to fight them for the time being or without sounding cheesey, engage hand-to-hand combat with them (the most rudimentary form of physical contact not energy based).

The Borg also have their extreme adaptiveness on their side. They, like the Replicators, will eventually adapt to energy based attacks. I'm not up to speed on Replicators, so when they attack a humonoid figure I don't know if they simply "bite" it to death or attack with some form of melee ranged energy attack. Either way the Borg are far superior in strength. The Replicators could out number them, and easily "replicate" more as they consumed more objects, but as we saw on the submarine they are as "tough" as the objects they replicate themselves from. Meaning the Borg could eventually see this and allow them to replicate via some very weak metal or alloy.

Then again if the Borg are fighting the human-form Replicators it's another issue. Those Replicators, if I recall correctly, can form blades and weapons out of their arms or limbs much like the Terminator T-1000 from Terminator 2. Assuming they are of equal super strength, the Human-Replicators could just slice through a Borg in a round of hand-to-hand combat. But at that point it becomes interesting. What if the Borg, via their assimilation "tendrils" could inject their nanoprobes into the Replicator? Would then the Replicator start becoming assimilated? Based off First Contact and Voyager, the process is quite quick. And it'd give the Borg access to learning replication technology.

It would definitely be an interesting battle, though I think it would be safe to say that if the Replicators got the upper hand, the galaxy is screwed. Look at how fast they "spread" in SG-1, now imagine how fast they would "spread" if they got access to the Borg's transwarp hub system, reaching all areas of the galaxy? Definitely an "Aw...crap" moment.

mm, decent arguement Mav, but you are not so right in some places ... the replicators in "spider" form attacked people by "biting" if you want to call it that, i recon they would have just physically attacked the borg and "eaten" any electronic bits and started replicating, if you remember any episodes with face to face replicator encounters they were also pretty immune to any force fields set up by the asguard.

another thing is that the asguard had galaxy class ships, they could fly between different galaxys, i think that one on one with the borg the asguard were way more advanced, and since the replicators had taken some of the asguard ships they would have had access to the asguard tech that they replicated.

concidering the asguard were having such problems with the replicators and they were more adanced than the borg, i dont think the borg would have stood a chance against them!

concidering the asguard were having such problems with the replicators and they were more adanced than the borg, i dont think the borg would have stood a chance against them!

Possibly.

I think however, compared to the Trek universe, the Asgarde are not that far advanced. Look at them in compared to humans in SG1, they can teleport people, have galaxy traveling ships (fleets thereof), and other things such as cloning plus passing on memories/personality to a cloned body. Pretty far out stuff right?

Lotta races are like that in Star Trek. Just about every major warp-capable race has "beaming" technology of some kind. As well as multiple galaxy-traveling ships, including the technology on those ships like forcefields and shields. Several races clone each other to procreate, including several human based colonies. Now the whole memory transferance thing is a little trickier to compare, but if you really didnt mind the nitpick you could say just like the Trill pass on their memories and personality via the symbiote, the Asgarde pass on theirs via a simple "empty" clone and then inject those memories personality and experiences.

While they may have different means in some cases, I'd say the Borg whom have assimilated basically a small portion of each major race, are of equal technological standpoints as the Asgarde. The real difference is while both can adapt and learn, the Asgarde are physically weak beings whom would not last a second in a physical confrontation. Whereas a Borg drone could probably take on a small handful of "spider" Replicators before it took too much damage to continue to operate. You also have to consider the Asgarde have the limitation of not being able to think simple. That's why they sought O'Neil's help since humans are still using something relatively simple as a projectile weapon. The Asgarde could eventually produce something similar, they as said think of a much bigger picture rather than a small portion of the picture. The Borg, would easily adapt either way, eventually.

I agree it'd be a close call, either side has a chance to win but if I was a betting man I'd wager on the Borg. I'd like to see this play out but alas, it's one of those fanboy dreams we'll never get.

Possibly.

I think however, compared to the Trek universe, the Asgarde are not that far advanced.

But that is actually comparing moden day Asgarde from the 21st Century to Star Trek races of the 23rd/24th Century. The Asgarde should have made more advancements by then. (I hope)

(Maybe it's Asgarde technology that's been parted out all over?) :thinking:

There's some really good points made for each side here, but my vote still goes to the Replicators.

And yep! We'd be even more screwed after they comsumed the Borg.

Possibly.

I think however, compared to the Trek universe, the Asgarde are not that far advanced.

But that is actually comparing moden day Asgarde from the 21st Century to Star Trek races of the 23rd/24th Century. The Asgarde should have made more advancements by then. (I hope)

(Maybe it's Asgarde technology that's been parted out all over?) :thinking:

There's some really good points made for each side here, but my vote still goes to the Replicators.

And yep! We'd be even more screwed after they comsumed the Borg.

Well, if it's any comfort, since we're using Star Trek lifeforms, I'm pretty sure the Replicators could be owned by one letter. "Q". Of course in the Stargate universe you have the ascended Ancients, and Ori but I think pound for pound they'd be an even match.

I'd say the borg, though honestly(don't yell at me) i don't even know what the replicators are, I didn't have sci-fi for a long... long long time and never got to watch SG1.

but from a un-biased point of view based on the comments made, i'd still say the borg.

I see alot of reference to the asgards being able ot travel very very fast.. what I don't get is why does that make you assume that their weaponry is as advanced? lets compair to a star trek type thing, the excelsior was equipped with a trans-warp drive, which could cross the galexy in a very.. very short amount of time. (has anyone visited ditl.org? it has heaps upon heaps of technical data about Star Trek) but it's weaponry was rather crude, compared to things like a borg cube, or even a Sovereign Class Ship.

but I also agree the size of the cube don't have much to do with it either, but it's decently well established the weaponry of the 24th century is significantly advanced compaired to 21st century weaponry from SG1. now a technical comparison of weaponry, the Galexy class starship has a beam power rating of 1000, and every ship from canon source is based off that scale. the borg cube has a rating of 250,000 in their beam firepower; do the math yourself, the borg cube can unleash a torrent(no pun intended) of firepower when needed. . in hand to hand combat.. from what i've learned from you guys is that the reps are rather weak, UNLESS using human form. correct me i'm wrong. the borg are incredibly strong, easily as strong as Data. and to amke the fight fair is it one replicator controlled asgard ship vs one cube? or is it a full fleet of each, that 250,000 beam power rating, will start to stack up?

getting to the ship will be the hard part, this is where i'm getting confused, how they replicate... and the lack of the acknowledgement of adaption system of the borg. i'll continue my anaylsis after i get chewed out(maybe) by you guys or some of my questions are answered. ;P