what is your fav gaming platform

Ulysses

LINUX - Not because of the games that are availible for it, but because everything you need to develop games that are just as good as anything else is completely OPEN and FREE. And you can put linux on nearly ANYTHING. It's just a shame that it doesn't get even 1/10th as much attention.

And yes, linux can be categorized under the term "gaming platform".

Lord knows I didn't spend well over $3000 over the past 3 years to get this machine of mine to hold my hand while going to the bathroom for nothing but Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament, Battlefield 1942, Quake, Doom, and all those great emulators for Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, and XBox games... Who needs a console, I have a computer that'll stroke my ego as well as a few other things...LOL ;p

You forgot to mention the Sega Genesis. Anyone remember that old gem from the middle ages? You get to play as Sonic, wow! I'll take Jedi Knight anyday on PC thank you very much. Really I think PC is the best platform because PC games require you to think, not rely on reflexes like the console games.

As for PSP - list 10 games worth playing that I don't already have on my PS2 or Cube or Xbox consoles?

I cant give you 10 (well, its only been out 3 months in the UK so far...), but I'll give you these:

GTA: Liberty City Stories (almost the same city as GTA3, completely new story and different characters)

Lumines (Tetris, but trickier and more fun)

Mercury

Infection

Pursuit Force

WipeOut Pure (brand new tracks and racers still being released as downloads to add-on to the game)

Oh, and you can run emulators on it too :D

(Amiga 500, Apple II, Atari 2600, Atari 800, Atari ST, Lynx, Chip8, Commodore 64, GameBoy/GBColour/GBAdvance, Genesis/MegaDrive, Master System, MAME, MSX, Neo Geo, NES, SNES, ScummVM, ZX Spectrum, and even x86 - running Win95 and Linux)

i was reading the edge magazine which has screen shots of the call of duty on the xbox 360 and to be honest they dont look any different to the pc version running a x800 graphics card...so much for this console being the best gaming machine hehe

Second, your poll acts like videogames didn't exist before 1995. Not true. Super Nintendo is generally considered the best console ever, but you don't even list it! Bogus.

I love the SNES :3

What I don’t get is, the PC can handle every consol to date, that I know of .. and well too, even the handhelds, though of course those aren’t portable .. but it can play their games. .. Why are there not more Consol to PC ports ... even if you’re using a special process that takes too much CPU time to emulate, one can always include a PCI card of some kind :3 I think Xbox/PS2 developers would get more money out of me if they did.

I wouldn’t buy a PS2 for sly-cooper, Armored core, and a few others, but I would buy those games if they were cross platform.

i was reading the edge magazine which has screen shots of the call of duty on the xbox 360 and to be honest they dont look any different to the pc version running a x800 graphics card...so much for this console being the best gaming machine hehe

What ever slight edge consoles can gain with being specifically designed to cope with what ever fancy rendering options they want (Ie, special instruction sets, or ultra fast ram ect. ect.) they still lose to moore’s law, the PC continues to march ahead with baby steps and giant leaps. Except for maybe arcade machines, but, and this is a big one .. who wants to spend 2000+ on a machine, to play one .. or a few games :D, why not just buy a PC lol.

Plus, with the sophistication of modern games, consoles just can’t cut it anymore .. so why try? Why not make -the best- consol games one can make? Maybe a 2d side scroller wouldn’t cut it for the PC, but I think they would very well on a consol, the control format is perfect for it. Some of the most frustrating games I’ve ever played have been 3d FPS’s on a consol. Even Metroid Prime (at least I thought it had exilent execution) would have been much funner with a mouse and keyboard. I can’t imagine trying to play BF2 and BF2:SF with a joy-pad.