What Captain takes the most risks

Greendusk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think tha Picard did, b/c he was the captian of the Flag ship of StarFleet. He has done battel with the borg on more than one occasion, he lead several succesful missions during the Dominion War (in the books), he has delt with the Romulans on several occasions, and in the opening theme to TNG it says "to boldy go where no one has gone before". To me that seems like goining into the unexplored is the most risky thing to do.

It was hard to decide' date=' I've been watching alot of Stargate lately, but I think the Risk Award went to Janeway, she wants to get into everything and has the most defiant attitude that I've seen in any capt.[/quote']

I'd have to agree. Risky business being a captain far from home (usually) without any back up. She did take some huge chances. Especially where the Borg were concerned.

c4 B)

are you only talking about teh show? b/c in teh books Riker is pretty shiffty' date=' He came across this battel of a fleet of Romulans shooting at an invading fleet of Remens, and Figgin Riker started shooting torpedos into the battel.... was he friggin crazy? [/quote']

What book is that? Sounds like an interesting story... :)

Janeway took the most risks - because she was the most erratic and reckless captain of the lot.

Even Kirk showed more restraint and common sense.

Maybe because she was freaked out over the fact that she had stranded her ship/crew in the Delta quad.

Kirk restrained...now that's funny :p

c4 B)

Picard had to deal w/ Q on trial, i think that is the most risky game any one could have played. Q would have just snapped his fingures and the entire Federation would have been gone. Screw how strong your ship is, how well trained your crew is, Picard went head to head, toe to toe, with Q.

Yes, Janeway did encounter Q but she wasnt put on trial for humanity.

If Picard boldly went were no one has B4 Archers motto should be To get out there an take a look!!

I voted Archer he had no one b4 him to draw on in terms of Im the captain of a really cool warp 5 capable ship (with barley any weapons at the start of the series) Im so gonna whop ass

Yes the vulcans helped Starfleet but not to the point that they told them everything or protected them from every danger earth would encounter Archer was very much alone when he went out there was no Gigantic Star fleet backing him up (much like Janeway)