Which ST Episodes

Bapman

Which ST episodes made you cry 'cause it was sooo sad or just beautiful.

And for the toughguys... made you misty eyed.

For me... interestingly... they are all VOYAGER eps

Probably the reason why I love VOYAGER so much.

1) Living Witness - [700 years in future Doctor is found in an alien planet... apparently devastated by VOYAGER]

2) Distant Origins [About the ancient Dino aliens from Earth]

3) Blink of an Eye [About a planet that has 60 days a minute]

4) Course Oblivion [The copycat VOYAGER and her crew is destroyed]

Can't think of any misty episodes from DS-9 or TNG or ENTERPRISE.

What about yours !?... C'mon tough bub... you must've soft spot for some episodes.

THESE ARE JUST A SELECT FEW:

TNG - The Offspring, Data creates an android daughter

TNG - The Inner Light, Picard relives the life of a member of a apecies that is long-extinct

Enterprise - Dear Doctor, Doctor Phlox must decide whether to intervene in the development of an alien species

DS9 - (Don't remember name), The one where Dukat's daughter is killed

Voyager - Blink of an Eye

The Episode Twilight in Enterprise Season 3 had....a similar effect. Cause at the end - all the crew were being picked off one by one and it was sort of like - awww no - and Archer was the only one left and he was all alone - everyone else was dead.....

well anyway... :)

The episode of DS9 where O'Brian and Keiko's daughter "falls through time". They then transport out an 18 year old feral version of her. Episode ends with them sending her back, where she meets a younger version of herself and leads her back to her parents!

I think it's Times Orphan, in season six.

You cried when you saw Time's Orphan? I suppose the idea of it was touching, but that entire episode was so poorly written that I could barely stomach it. I think you'll find that a lot of people will share that particular sentiment.

I usually don't shed tears when I cry, but I had a moment or two when Troi's kid, Ian, died. Also, during Tasha's funeral. There may have been some other times, but I can't remember.

TNG 402 - "Family". I'm still wiping them away, so to speak. You know, an alternate title to this episode might be Obligation. But that wouldn't sum up the other indescribable elements that the bonds of family can foster.

And then of course, I should add TNG 422 - "Half a Life", and TNG 707 - "Dark Page". Two really good Lwaxanna eps.

It's already been mentioned in another thread, but the DS9 episode - Far Beyond the Stars made me weep like a baby. Especially this bit

Benny: "I'm tired of being calm! Calm's never gotten me a damn thing!"

Pabst: "I'm warning you, Benny - if you don't stop, I'm calling the police."

Benny: "Call them! Go ahead! They can't do anything to me! Not anymore. None of you can. I'm a human being, dammit! You can deny me all you want, but you can't deny Ben Sisko! He exists! That space station - those people, that future - they exist! In here. In my mind. You hear what I'm telling you? You can destroy the story, but you cannot destroy an idea. That's ancient knowledge! That future is real - I made it real! You hear me - it's real!"

The enterprise episode Cogenitor was one I remember it was also the best Enterprise episode.

The Inert Light episode with Picard and the space probe.

And the episode in DS9 where O'brien is implated with 20 years of prison memories.

• 3 weeks later...