military expansionism

bbbb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately...yes I do. It's more important now than ever what with all the terrorists running about. It seems it's us or them at this point. Sad state of affairs!

c4 :(

I voted for a smaller military. However in reality the only way to be safe is like what Lalilu posted: to stay strong, you gotta be strong. Unless you get all the other countries to power down, and your other enemies to power down too. Which is unrealistic. To only way to avoid being conquered is to stay powerful. Something you should all know before the new Civilisation game ships. =p

=Han=

There will always be a strong military presence on Earth. Now because nobody trusts another, in the future, when hopefully Earth will unite one day, to explore the galaxy!

Not that I agree with that, they'd better spend it on food and clothes and medicine for the countries that can't afford it... Unfortunately, it's not that simple! :(

Unfortunately...yes I do. It's more important now than ever what with all the terrorists running about. It seems it's us or them at this point. Sad state of affairs!

c4 :(

How sad it is that we have to live in a world like this!!

I am with you on this one C4

I think large amounts of military spending on high tech weapon systems is necessary, but the welfare state of supporting obsolete ground soldiers is not. I also don't believe that military force can defeat international terrorism, although domestic police can defend against it. Unless you can afford to invade every nation which might harbor terrorists all you can do is spread them around. There has always been, and will always be terrorists, whether they are anti-abortion advocates, anti-federalists, anarchists, communists, zionists, racists, or religeous fanatics.

a big army is good because aslong as there is war there is something interesting to read in the newspaper.

I think the flame on your "lamp" has gone out fella...

c4 :thinking:

a big army is good because aslong as there is war there is something interesting to read in the newspaper.

In the words of the band, Fear:

Let's have a war

So you can go and die!

Let's have a war!

We could all use the money!

Let's have a war!

We need the space!

Let's have a war!

Clean out this place!

Let's have a war!

Jack up the Dow Jones!

Let's have a war!

It can start in New Jersey!

Let's have a war!

Blame it on the middle-class!

Let's have a war!

We're like rats in a cage!

Let's have a war!

Sell the rights to the networks!

Let's have a war!

Let our wallets get fat like last time!

Let's have a war!

Give guns to the queers!

Let's have a war!

The enemy's within!

Mook.

You'll never win the war against terrorism until you start playing dirty. Use intel and covert hit squads.

True, It really doesn't help if you invade and occupy other country's, unless you want to make more terrorists.... I doubt that many Iraq's like "the Americans/American government" right now..... I would really think covert operations would work a lot better. Let's hope that the occupation of those country's will soon end and that please they will stay democracy's. So that all of this wasn't an useless show of power.

War is waged and designed by groups of elite businessmen, like the Builderberg Group. These men never wish war to end, for if this happens their profits would end. The sad state of affairs, in reality, is state sponsored terrorim and it's implimentation to enforce the ideas of world government into minds which have been traumatized.

having a large military does not mean you will have peace. All it means is that you will have a lot more guys and gals comming home in body bags. The best way to have peace is to stay out of other countries affairs and stop the march of American Imperialism. Realize that not everybody wants to be just like the U.S.A. For a country that prides itself on democracy it seems to spend a lot of time trying to impose its will on others. Its fine to have the means of self defence but isnt it better to avoid the confrontation in the first place.

Looking back, why the hell did they invade Afganistan and Iraq? I can't remember one single reason. Well, they thought they saw nukes being made from a satellite 100k meters up in the sky or what.

If the country X desides to invade country Y, then I have no obligation against the US stopping it from happening. But it's still not their problem, maybe UN could handle it with a little better support from the US.

What we must do is abolish the national armies and replace them with an international force. If we some day could get all earth's countries to agree to this, then problem solved!