military expansionism

bbbb

That's why "we the people" here in the good ol' US of A have the right to own guns. So we don't have to rely on the military. We have enough firepower and men as it is. We don't need to spend any more money. Just arm every citizen. Would you rather wait 20 minutes for the police to rescue you from a burglar hell bent on killing you, or would you like the pleasure of blowing his head off and keeping your family safe?

Only thing I need a cop for is taking the dead body away. And I do own gunS. One capable of firing a 7.62mm round.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, why the hell did they invade Afganistan and Iraq? I can't remember one single reason. Well, they thought they saw nukes being made from a satellite 100k meters up in the sky or what.

If the country X desides to invade country Y, then I have no obligation against the US stopping it from happening. But it's still not their problem, maybe UN could handle it with a little better support from the US.

Afghanistan was basically revenge for 9/11, and the US military had wanted to invade Iraq since the first gulf war and make the 'march to baghdad", so that we could establish a strong permanent military presense in the middle east (like we had in europe and the asian pacific since WWII), and 9/11 gave them an excuse that americans could stomach.

For a country that prides itself on democracy

Democracy is the problem. The US citizens need to realize that we have don't have a Democarcy but a Republic. Democracy was the furthest thing from the founders mind and even warned against its creation.

anyone think bush may start a new war to try and stay in office?

No, the Constitution doesn't allow for a third term under any circumstances. He could start a tupperware party and have just as much luck.

When China finally flexes it's military and political muscles (not that there is any difference between the two) I'm quite certain that 'American Imperialism' will lose it's menace as it did during the Soviet era

If anyone remembers First Contact, I've said this before and I'll say it again: It'll take a war to bring peace to mankind.. or whats left of it anyway. Actually what we need is a common enemy (I've also said this before somewhere). An enemy that wouldn't wipe us out for good otherwise it would be besides the point. An enemy like... erm... tribbles?

=Han=

If anyone remembers First Contact, I've said this before and I'll say it again: It'll take a war to bring peace to mankind.. or whats left of it anyway. Actually what we need is a common enemy (I've also said this before somewhere). An enemy that wouldn't wipe us out for good otherwise it would be besides the point. An enemy like... erm... tribbles?

=Han=

Kinda reminds me of the third season of ent, with the xindi...

For a country that prides itself on democracy

Democracy is the problem. The US citizens need to realize that we have don't have a Democarcy but a Republic. Democracy was the furthest thing from the founders mind and even warned against its creation.

This is something low-brow republicans often like to say, obviously because 'republic' is the first 8 letters of 'republican'. Of course, they are not intelligent enough to know that the word 'republic' comes from earlier language meaning 'of the people', that a thesaurus lists democracy as a synonym for republic, and that the word republic itself means little more than 'A nation whose head of state is not a monarch.'. You CAN NOT even say that a republic is not necessarily democratic, because democratic ALWAYS means 'of the people', as does 'republican'. The words democrat and republican are both sufficiently synonymous and ambiguous enough in their meaning to be completely interchangable.

I'll comment on that:

there are a few things that you need to be called democracy.

One of those things is complete independacy between the 3 major forces in a country: legislative, executive and judicial

Since in the US, the head of state is also the head of the counsel of ministers (sorry, don't know how to translate properly, but you know what I mean, I think, I'm not native english speaking), the US doesn't qualify as a democracy. I guess that's why they call it a republic, even though the difference is minute...

ROLF, LMFAO, "WORLD PEACE", LOL. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!, whoop, that was a good one. you are really funny. i mean you should really join a comedy club, whoo

man, that is ignorant, world peace is a word nothing more.

I bet you believe that if there where no guns then we would all be safe, too huh?

Well news flash, the world hates you. There is always gonna be some one that hates you, i.e. KKK, black panters, terrorist, and oppopsing countries....

If any thing i say that at least in America we need more militey. we are obvioulsy making a lot of enemys.

I'll comment on that:

there are a few things that you need to be called democracy.

One of those things is complete independacy between the 3 major forces in a country: legislative, executive and judicial

Since in the US, the head of state is also the head of the counsel of ministers (sorry, don't know how to translate properly, but you know what I mean, I think, I'm not native english speaking), the US doesn't qualify as a democracy. I guess that's why they call it a republic, even though the difference is minute...

We do have complete independence between the those three branches of government. The 'council of ministers' you refer to is called the Cabinet. Their main purpose is to advise the president and also to manage various subsections of the executive branch of the government for him. The cabinet doesn't make laws nor does it decide legal precedent.

In a democracy, the people themselves handle the affairs of government. In a replubic, the people select representatives to handle the affairs of government in their stead.

Hmmm... maybe an army of highly trained specialized units instead of a general force... after all, nobody's occupying anyone, are they? Oh, wait... The US is, and so NEEDS a general occupation force as part of it's military... it has to secure all that oil, after all, when the money spent doing so could have went into researching alternative fuel sources to better effect ;p

War is a sign that the government failed to deal with a problem in other, more civil ways, and always involves the death of too many people (with 'too many' being anything over 0). A country that goes to war as a first move 1) has no respect for human life in general, and 2) is probably so incompetent that it can't solve problems in other ways.

There are times when war is necessary, but waging war on a vague concept like 'terrorism' is NOT viable... it's like waging war on 'anarchy', 'solipsism', or 'botany'... Wars are waged between countries and people, not on general concepts, and the people the US are waging war on had nothing to do with the 9/11 bombing, as virtually everybody already knows...

The thing is, the best way to go is to have a military only big enough to protect yourself and deal with problems, so that you can spend the leftover money that would otherwise go into the the military researching better solutions than carpet bombing, etc. Also, it would help if the people leading the country did NOT own serious stockage in defence and oil companies... Three words come to mind: "Conflict of Interest". The people running the US at the moment are making personal fortunes through their dividends ;p

Edit: "Violence is not the answer, it's the solution?"... that has -got- to rank up there with the stupidest things I've ever heard...