The previous "40 years"?

Mav

I want to know why Starbuck is a chick and why the admiral dont have 1 son and 1 daughter like old series.

Also the human looking Cylons aint my ideal cup of tea, I would have like more of the metal ones input into the series like old series, where they do lot more walking and talking in nearly every episode, I know there was a human looking model in the last esp's of season 2 of BSG 1980, but he still had wires etc inside not this near human make up.

They never really explained it in the original series, and they dropped the use of it in the remake.

Not entirely. I think, like other shows, it's there but it's just up-to-this-point an unspoken thing. As I mentioned before you see flashbacks of Bill Adama and Tigh years and years ago right. Well as I also pointed out there are a few inconsistancies with those timelines and the current one. Basically to sum it up there has to be either a different time differential or as I assumed people age different due to various things and as such Adama is quite old but doesn't look it or show it.