Holy Chip!

GhostShadow

this new Micro chip makes data from ST look as slow as a child with down's syndrome. Microchip

The link is kaputski!

c4 :(

The link works, it's just Forbes.com requires registration now. I dunno if it's free or not, didn't bother to go that far but the page does say the article can be viewed for free, once you become a Forbes.com member (vague aint they?)

this new Micro chip makes data from ST look as slow as a child with down's syndrome. Microchip

The link is kaputski!

c4 :(

The link works, it's just Forbes.com requires registration now. I dunno if it's free or not, didn't bother to go that far but the page does say the article can be viewed for free, once you become a Forbes.com member (vague aint they?)

The page I got was a 404 error (page not on this server). They should be clearer. Just for that...I won't join! :p

c4 B)

Can you sum up that article? IBM can be quite long winded at times' date=' and lamens terms is usually my language of technobabble.[/quote']

The name of the new chip is called "CELL"

Performance:

Cell: 230

Pentium 4 Extreme: 75

WOW!

:o

the ps3 is suppose to have it... basically show how i read the article (original) for free, must be a glicth in the matrix... it was long but what blew my mind was that i think...

it could do 3 trillion inst / sec

it could render a 3d-EMR image in 4 sec... the fastest p4 took around 5 mins !!!!

i admint the xbox 360 don't look 1000 times better than the ps2, but maybe they need blu-ray discs or more likely they used a lower spec cell, it must do something because all the 360 games should play in HD.

• 1 month later...

PS3!! Thou art the best! (1080p gaming!)

I remember that one of the 8(?) cores in the PS3 is kept only for redundancy.

Bring that online too and...... :cyclops:

no, this time the RAM, harddisk, etc. are gonna be the bottleneck. :(

But still!! :D :D