Seven admit copying Star Wars DVD

Guest c4evap

I really think that is where the MPAA is missing the point of everything. Here is what they say:

Filesharing is bad

Filesharing cuts into our profits

People won't pay to see a movie they can get for free

The reality?

Many who get movies via filesharing are usually those, who for one reason or another, would not normally go into the theater or buy the DVD in the first place. If they watched the movie at all, they'd see it on television, where the movie studio would fail to see money anyways. Filesharers watch their downloaded movies, and find out if the movie really is worth their money.

When we find one that is worth the money, we go out and actually watch it. We buy it on DVD. Hell, there are several movies that I have either gone to the theater or bought on DVD simply because I have downloaded it first, found it to be an awesome movie, and wanted to see it in theaters, or get all the extra goodies that they have on the DVD.

So, is the MPAA full of it? Or are they right?

You decide.

You decide.

They are full of it!!!

There is no problem for me to pay a theatre ticket for the movies that are great, but the problem is when i want this movie(s) for my home collection, because they are too expensive for me to buy(about 50-100$ per movie)!

So the only reasonable solution is to dl them for free!!

I'm just glad that i live in a country that dosen't have organizations like MPAA and RIAA to breath on my neck every time i try to dl something!!!! :cyclops:

SNIPPET:

You decide.

They are full of it! They don't care about the little guy or us taking $$$ from the little guy's pocket (as Troy had stated). It's ALL about the fat cats getting fatter!

Plain & simple (IMHO).

c4 :thinking:

A real fan will go to the theater to see it anyhow. by this time, the new movies had me so disappointed I wasn't going to fork over another $10 to Lucas, he got enough of my money when I was buying all those action figures in the '70's and '80's. Is that justification to steal or cheat? No, but it makes it alot easier for me. I wasn't going to buy the DVD either, but I did like the last one and did the franchise a favor by telling everyone else it was good enough to watch.

You don't see George Lucas paying me for word of mouth advertising do you?

I bet you don't know anyone else who did either....

yeah, I dont think that fine will stop me. It kinda is a lot of money but the chance of me getting caught are really slim, since I keep a hammer by my hard drive so if the cops come knocking on my door :) *SMASH*

That won't do, you need a bulk eraser, which is a giant electro magnet that can be mounted below a hardrive. You can usually get one from an electronics store. I don't know how long it would take to completly dystroy all data, but it couldn't be more than a few seconds.

yeah, I dont think that fine will stop me. It kinda is a lot of money but the chance of me getting caught are really slim, since I keep a hammer by my hard drive so if the cops come knocking on my door :) *SMASH*

That won't do, you need a bulk eraser, which is a giant electro magnet that can be mounted below a hardrive. You can usually get one from an electronics store. I don't know how long it would take to completly dystroy all data, but it couldn't be more than a few seconds.

A friend of mine uses Darik's Boot and Nuke to completely erase hard drives. Says it works like a charm. Returns them to pristine condition.

c4 B)