DivX DVD Players

NiteShdw

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude!!! was just saying that when i did convert to dvd files' date=' i used winavi. it's alot faster then anything else. the quality is a little lower, but when you compare a 1 hr conver per movie to a 14-20hr convert per movie, you can deal with a little qual loss![/quote']

It only takes an hour??

.......Hmmmm!!

:thinking:

Does anybody know that you can watch all your divx' date=' xvid and mpegs on a modified X-Box ? You can even copy the movie onto the hard disk and play it from there.[/quote']

Cost of the Phillips DVP642/37..........

$50 - $70

Cost of the X-Box........

$100 - $300

:stare:

hey I modded my xbox and thats what i use to watch everything... so easy to do really... plus with a new hd you can take gigs of episodes and films over to ppls houses etc, with no need to burn it to cd/dvd. plus you can put xbox games, emulators and more on the hard drive. All in all you get a sweet package and it will be able to play all new video formats from here into the far future.

xbox rocks.

whoah that's complicated. I don't think you can overwrite the BIOS of ps2 vuz it's not flash or RAM. PS2 i think has assembly

I really don´t know zgames.... I know a guy here in Holland that will do the X-Box mod for about $35. (The easy way :) )

hey I modded my xbox and thats what i use to watch everything... so easy to do really... plus with a new hd you can take gigs of episodes and films over to ppls houses etc, with no need to burn it to cd/dvd. plus you can put xbox games, emulators and more on the hard drive. All in all you get a sweet package and it will be able to play all new video formats from here into the far future.

xbox rocks.

I've been thinking about this, but from what I understand, a modded Xbox can't be played on Xbox Live. Is that correct? Being able to play Halo 2 online is one of the reasons I want to get an Xbox, but I really would love to be able to play AVIs and DVDs on it as well.

it was fine on my comp though. now i have to transconde to divx. i'm having some probs getting the quality where i want it though. :p

Slowest setting.......Highest quality.

25 hrs to complete........

Good Gawd!!! What resolution and bit-rate were you running? What kind/speed CPU? I can start a 350 MB episode transcoding when I go to bed and it finishes long before I wake up. And I'm just running a dual PIII Xeon at 800 MHz.

MPEG-2 does take considerable longer to encode than MPEG-4. I used my laptop (867mhz) to convert a DVD to 2 SVCDs (which requires re-compression), and it took about 14-18 hours, but that was at SVCD resolution, not DVD, which would take much longer. It was real pain in the rear. Of course, my new AMD Athlon 64 rips through video. DivX gets about 100 fps on Standard mode, and 40 fps on Slow.