Sony Announces Prices for Blu-Ray DVD's

vystral

My uncle lives in Ohio.......They've apparently already went to wide-screen, because he called me to complain that "people's heads were chopped off".

So, I wouldn't wait too long......

I myself need to upgrade to widescreen, so I'm saving back my pfennig.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i will wait this one out, seems that neither of these products are winners in the mid to long term anyway and i spend more time infront of my pc than in front of the tv. Bring on holographic media etc blu-ray/HD-DVD either one wont be seeing my hard earned money.

I'll be curious to see what movies, TV series, etc. they put out in HD. Anything not originally filmed in HD won't be in HD. It may look a whole lot better, but not quite there.

Now, some of the HD programming that I've seen has been absolutely spectacular on my projector but those have been few and far between. Wonder if theatres will go HD...

Thing is, i don't see the point for the humble consumer. It's all well and good fitting an entire season of a show on one disc, but what about ordinary films? Fair enough at the moment you get 3 or 4 disc special edition DVDs, but there will still be plenty of space left over on bluray and hdvd for what exactly? Brings to mind the old saying 'a waste of space'.

Thing is' date=' i don't see the point for the humble consumer. It's all well and good fitting an entire season of a show on one disc, but what about ordinary films? Fair enough at the moment you get 3 or 4 disc special edition DVDs, but there will still be plenty of space left over on bluray and hdvd for what exactly? Brings to mind the old saying 'a waste of space'.[/quote']

There won't be space left over. Since the new digitgal cameras are taking higher and higher resolution images and movies, the extra space on a blue-ray/HD-DVD disc will get used up.