Has anyone ever been busted....

xalloutwarx

I've had my modem "throttled back" by my ISP a few times for "over saturating the network". They also forwarded me a letter they received from Norton Antivirus threatening me with jail for uploading their products (but nothing happened).

That's it thankfully...

c4 B)

Wow, that let's you know they're thinkin' about you though.

So far I don't exist to my ISP, yeah, I fell between the cracks. There are alot of crumbs here. I try not to keep most of the stuff on the PC longer than it takes to reseed to 1:1 and burn it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive maybe downloaded 40GB in the last 40 days.... i have an unlimited useage on my 2MB line, and there 10MB servie has a monthly cap of 75GB, so they expect people to use a huge amount, but like i said before, how can someone expect to use 75GB of bandwidth legally?!?! without downloading bittorrents etc!

So far I don't exist to my ISP, yeah, I fell between the cracks. There are alot of crumbs here. I try not to keep most of the stuff on the PC longer than it takes to reseed to 1:1 and burn it.

what kind of things do you download str82u? are you less likely to be seen on your isp's raydar for downloading TV shows, then you are the latest bootlegged cinema release!!! or from downloading 200MB a day, insted of 2GB a day?!?!

EDIT: download+unloading, as i know both use up bandwidth!

My friend got busted once for selling movies. Actually he didn't get busted' date=' he was only called to police station and he had to bring all of his movies. They ask him some questions and he got away with a warning,but stoped selling movies![/quote']

Man, your friend must of been the Dalai Lama in a previous life. Tell him to be careful, since he's obviously used up all of his good karma in this life... ;)

i got my connection cut off by my ISP due to bayTSP.com complaining to my ISP about me downloading Italian Job. I got it restored after 3 days.

The file was called ItalianJob2003-Xvid-s3rv3r.avi

if anyone is thinkin of d/loading italian job i would advise them to stay away from this file.

i got my connection cut off by my ISP due to bayTSP.com complaining to my ISP about me downloading Italian Job. I got it restored after 3 days.

if anyone is thinkin of d/loading italian job i would advise them to stay away from this file.

when did this happen?

I've had my modem "throttled back" by my ISP a few times for "over saturating the network". They also forwarded me a letter they received from Norton Antivirus threatening me with jail for uploading their products (but nothing happened).

That's it thankfully...

c4 B)

I gave them hell over the phone. Nowhere in my service contract did it state an upload limit. We argued back and forth for a while then they relented. I only download a few files at a time now (when they complained I was downloading something like 25 movies) and that keeps them off my back.

COSSACKS!

c4 B)

In the Netherlands we almost never get these kind of issues. We do have a organisation that does monitor traffic and once in a while try to nail somebody. But they are more making example court-cases to see what is right or wrong. So no real major issues here yet ;)

Then again i use software to make sure most organisations can't scan me.

I use peerguardian 2, its a neat little tool which blocks ip-connection from known sources. Like scanners, spyware companies etc. etc. I would advise anyone using torrents to use this as it will keep you from getting scanned unnecessary. It won't stop all, but more than 95% won't be able to see you (peerguarding just stop any ip-traffic going to the known ip-adresses.). Its free, and self updating.

In the Netherlands we almost never get these kind of issues. We do have a organisation that does monitor traffic and once in a while try to nail somebody. But they are more making example court-cases to see what is right or wrong. So no real major issues here yet ;)

Then again i use software to make sure most organisations can't scan me.

I use peerguardian 2, its a neat little tool which blocks ip-connection from known sources. Like scanners, spyware companies etc. etc. I would advise anyone using torrents to use this as it will keep you from getting scanned unnecessary. It won't stop all, but more than 95% won't be able to see you (peerguarding just stop any ip-traffic going to the known ip-adresses.). Its free, and self updating.

will peerguardian 2 block peoples ip's when downloading/uping torrents?

My friend got busted once for selling movies. Actually he didn't get busted' date=' he was only called to police station and he had to bring all of his movies. They ask him some questions and he got away with a warning,but stoped selling movies![/quote']

Man, your friend must of been the Dalai Lama in a previous life. Tell him to be careful, since he's obviously used up all of his good karma in this life... ;)

LOL

Not quite. You see, in my country there is no organisation such RIAA and others that will try to lock him up for selling or downloading movies, TV shows and music. He only had a bad luck thath police had found his advertise on the net and they only took the movies so they can say "YES we are doing something to protect the authors wrights", but actualy they don't give a damm. In the worst case he would only have to pay the fine around 200 $ max!!

Not quite. You see' date=' in my country there is no organisation such RIAA and others that will try to lock him up for selling or downloading movies, TV shows and music. He only had a bad luck thath police had found his advertise on the net and they only took the movies so they can say "YES we are doing something to protect the authors wrights", but actualy they don't give a damm. In the worst case he would only have to pay the fine around 200 $ max!![/quote']

Now, what country is that and what number do I call to start up the immigration paperwork?

when did this happen?

7 dec 2004

and here is the actual email

> Dear Sir or Madam:

>

> BayTSP, Inc. ("BayTSP") swears under penalty of perjury that Paramount Pictures Corporation ("Paramount") has authorized BayTSP to act as its non-exclusive agent for copyright infringement notification. BayTSP's search of the protocol listed below has detected infringements of Paramount's copyright interests on your IP addresses as detailed in the attached report.

>

> BayTSP has reasonable good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of in the attached report is not authorized by Paramount, its agents, or the law. The information provided herein is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Therefore, this letter is an official notification to effect removal of the detected infringement listed in the attached report. The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, the Universal Copyright Convention, as well as bilateral treaties with other countries allow for protection of client's copyrighted work even beyond U.S. borders. The attached documentation specifies the exact location of the infringement.

>

> We hereby request that you immediately remove or block access to the infringing material, as specified in the copyright laws, and insure the user refrains from using or sharing with others Paramount's materials in the future (see, 17 U.S.C. §512).

>

> Further, we believe that the entire Internet community benefits when these matters are resolved cooperatively. We urge you to take immediate action to stop this infringing activity and inform us of the results of your actions. We appreciate your efforts toward this common goal.

>

> Please send us a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter. Please reference the Notice ID number above in your response.

>

> Nothing in this letter shall serve as a waiver of any rights or remedies of Paramount with respect to the alleged infringement, all of which are expressly reserved. Should you need to contact me, I may be reached at the following address:

>

> Mark Ishikawa

> Chief Executive Officer

> BayTSP, Inc.

> PO Box 1314

> Los Gatos, CA 95031

>

> v: 408-341-2300

> f: 408-341-2399

> paramount-picture@copyright-compliance.com

>

> *pgp public key is available on the key server at ldap://keyserver.pgp.com

>

> Note: The information transmitted in this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, reproduction, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.

>

> This infringement notice contains an XML tag that can be used to automate the processing of this data. If you would like more information on how to use this tag please contact BayTSP.

>

>

>

> Infringed Work: Italian Job, The

> Infringing FileName: ItalianJob2003Xvid.s3rv3r

> Infringing FileSize: 733730816

> Protocol: BitTorrent

> Infringers IP Address: 217.***.***.***

> Infringer's User Name:

> Infringer's DNS Name: dsl-217-***-***-***.zen.co.uk

> Initial Infringement Timestamp: 26 Nov 2004 23:15:52 GMT

> Recent Infringement Timestamp: 26 Nov 2004 23:15:52 GMT

I have never got anything from anyone hehehee

I download as much as i can at maximum speed up and down. I live in Sweden. The best country to be in for a Pirate. hehehee

Those ISP that limit up or download as a bunch assholess. :D

And those funny treat letter hahahahaha....they are only good for toilet paper.

Croatia is ment to be a really nice country along with Serbia...! Even tho US and UK troops were waring there a few years ago' date=' its ment to be a great country to get property in etc... and i could download all i want, so why not! hahaha[/quote']

US and UK troops have never fight in Croatia, only in Serbia( because of Kosovo).But that's another story.

Yes, Croatia is a beautiful country and the price of propertys are reasonable, for the time being. :D

Croatia is ment to be a really nice country along with Serbia...! Even tho US and UK troops were waring there a few years ago' date=' its ment to be a great country to get property in etc... and i could download all i want, so why not! hahaha[/quote']

US and UK troops have never fight in Croatia, only in Serbia( because of Kosovo).But that's another story.

Yes, Croatia is a beautiful country and the price of propertys are reasonable, for the time being. :D

Ok a error on my part, it was former Yugoslavia? yeah...

anyway we dont need to get into that... :) :p

Ok a error on my part, it was former Yugoslavia? yeah...

anyway we dont need to get into that... :) :p

Yes, it was former Yugoslavia and thats it!

Sooo, did anyone else get busted for selling movies, TV shows or music?

C'mon, c'mon ppl ,tell us the truth!! :p