NiteShdw's on the net...

TetsuoShima

Man, I remember about a year ago, NiteShdw's used to be a small community... It sure has grown up a lot during this year. When you used to do a search on in on google, you could find it, but it certainly wasn't at the top... Now, if you do a search on "NiteShdw" and "forum" (which I just did), it is nearly unbelievable how many (good) references pop up... On all sorts of different websites... Especially Martog (our beloved Klingon SuperSaiyan that maintains his excellent links page in the faq) has become quite famous (apart from NiteShdw himself of course), or at least his links page has... :)

Anyway, I certainly don't want to say this is a bad thing (that would be arguable), but I do want to say that NiteShdw's has come a long way!!

And congrats to you NiteShdw! For starting such a wonderfull site with so many wonderfull forum members! And that it may have a long life, or as the early Vulcans would say: "Peace and long Life!"

Yeah when I first became a member (more than a year ago!!) there weren't even any mod's, no evil forummers and only a few members a day showed up. Now thousands of people visit this site every day. Niteshdw is an world celebrety and his encodes reach thousands of people.

When the site was private for a while I got loads of invite requests from total strangers who knew I was a member. This shows how popular this site is and was.

Good job Nite!

46,393 <----so many users who have joined Nites empire! :cyclops:

Thanks Nite!!! :)

all those users - and yet only 89,121 posts between them

i am crap at maths but i think that's an average of only 2 posts per user! :stare:

i am crap at maths but i think that's an average of only 2 posts per user! :stare:

if i remember correct there was a time when the database was reset or rolled back to an earlier date. So the actual number of posts should be a little higher.

it's obvius that at least a quarter of those 46000 users register just to download torrents. and there are those like me with a 0.11 posts per day ratio who visit the forum and the site everyday but don't post much :)

if i remember correct there was a time when the database was reset or rolled back to an earlier date. So the actual number of posts should be a little higher.

it's obvius that at least a quarter of those 46000 users register just to download torrents. and there are those like me with a 0.11 posts per day ratio who visit the forum and the site everyday but don't post much :)

hehe and there are others like me who.....well as you can see <---- ;)

(although my post count per day is actually very low compared to some people on here :)

Edit: just calculated - though i'm not sure if i did it right - but my post count is 0.2% of the total number of posts on here...is that right?

More like 2.7% if those figures are correct.

....oh....well i am quite the spammer then ain't i ;)

Does Nite want all this attention?

I would think that its better to stay on the "down low". especialy if you are dealing with torrents.. ( maybe I am just parinod)

i agree here - we need to lower our profile here...

I doubt you have an lower post count per day than me

hehe - yeah quite a bit lower than mine :rolleyes:

Does Nite want all this attention?

I would think that its better to stay on the "down low". especialy if you are dealing with torrents.. ( maybe I am just parinod)

As long as someone can get to your site via Google, you are never going to be covert and hidden. Of course Nite can "tighten the hatches" so to speak, make the tracker/torrent site private. More secure screenings for forum members (remember that news article not long ago about how companies are using forum registrations to promote new products or snoop on unsuspecting illegal file share users?) etc

Keep in mind that some 'users' are just copys of users that frogot their passwords amd thoe that just used the torrent site