How many of your own countrys' falgs do you see?

GhostShadow

Ok I am creating this b/c I am in my schools library and i see like 5 American Flags around me...

I walk down the halls.... I see American Flags... I go to the cafiteria.... I see American Flags....

I can go any where in this school and there is an American flag... kinda makes me want to pledge allegance, lol.

But I am wondering, on a daily basis how often do you see your countrys' flag? I would make htis into a poll but i have no idea how I would scale it.

I see around 10-12 American Flags a day.. then some other countrys' flag about 5-7 a day.

( I see the British flag second most often btw )

After some thinking I don't really see the Swedish flag very often (not counting the tiny one my neighbour has on his balcony, dumba**). It's like Extereus said, only during offical flagdays, like Kings/Queens/Crownprincess birthdays, The Swedish Flag Day=Nationalday, Midsummersday, X-masday, New Years Day, Easter Sunday, and some other days.

I think the Stars and Stripes is way overused and has lost it's true symbolic value. It's everywhere and often I don't even notice it's there when I see a movie or a TV show. It's almost as if the Star and Stripes is part of a commercial or a symbol of lack of faith and therefore has to be displayed or ppl might forget there is a US of America.

On the other hand when I see the Swedish flag it's the opposite and I associate it with special occasions, like medal ceremonies, major holidays, nobel prize, major events etc.

This is how the Swedish Flag looks like:

flagofsweden3rn.png

and...

Sweden is playing in the Olympic Icehockey final against archrivals Finland.

But I'd love to see this flag in the middle and above after the game on sunday... :)

flagoffinland1ae.png

SUOMI SUOMI SUOMI

Well, concitering that I'm a huge alcoholic, who never cleans up, and my fav brand of beer is Molson Canadian, I can easily see around 30 canadian flags in the area immedietelly around my monitor.

Heres to being patriotic, bottoms up everybody.

I rarely if ever see it daily. I definitely see it at least once a week, though that's usually online some how. Sometimes people hang a flag outside their homes but no one in my neighborhood does that really.

Though as time has worn on I've become more ashamed to see my flag. It doesn't stand for what it used too.

I walk down the halls.... I see American Flags... I go to the cafiteria.... I see American Flags....

We're funny like that. Like us American's are trying to "make up" for some kind of "short"coming... ;)

Being on a Canadian border, I see a flag every two feet or so, but at least it's offset a bit by the Maple Leaf.

Although once in a while I see a Pakistanian flag at one of the corner stores.

That pretty much sums up my town; Lot's of water (to go with the massive amounts of BS from our local government), Canadians passing through to get somewhere else, and a Pakistanian store every two blocks.

Although I think the state seal needs to be changed to a wine-o who says "Hey man, case a quarter?" ;)

flagofsweden3rn.png

Jag vill leva, jag vill dö i Norden :P

C'mon Swedes, be a little patriotic, at least at the times of the olympics. I think our country has reached an all new low nowadays (although I'm young so I don't really know). When people think walking around in a t-shirt with the swedish flag on it is racist, something is really wrong...